Wound Irrigation Systems Market: Introduction
- Wound irrigation is the steady flow of a solution across an open wound surface to remove deeper debris, achieve wound hydration, and assist with the visual examination. The irrigation solution helps to remove cellular debris and surface pathogens contained in wound exudates or residue from topically applied wound care products.
- Wound irrigation is the most common method used in wound cleansing over swabbing or bathing. The wound healing process comprises three phases: inflammatory, proliferative or fibroplastic, and remodeling. Normally, foreign debris, infectious microorganisms, and necrotic tissues are removed from the wound during the inflammatory phase.
- The two types of wound irrigation system available in the market are manual and battery operated. The manual wound irrigation system is more convenient to use as it contains pressure control button, which provides accurate forceful stream of solution directly to the desired site.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Wound Irrigation Systems Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Wound Irrigation Systems Market
- Increase in incidence of diabetic foot ulcers, burns, and other chronic diseases is projected to boost the growth of the global wound irrigation systems market. According to the WHO, more than 305 million acute, traumatic, and burn wounds are recorded and treated across the globe every year.
- The lifetime risk of people with diabetes to develop a foot ulcer is 34%. Increase in incidence of diabetes is anticipated to propel the global wound irrigation systems market. According to the International Diabetes Federation, 422 million people were living with diabetes across the world in 2016, and over 10% of the global adult population (642 million) is expected to have diabetes by 2040. According to the American Diabetes Association, diabetes accounts for approximately 71,000 deaths in the U.S. each year.
- Rise in the geriatric population is likely to fuel the growth of the global wound irrigation systems market during the forecast period. The world’s population is aging rapidly, especially in some of the developed countries such as the U.S. and Japan. Developed economies exhibit high rates of aging. According to the World Health Organization, the global geriatric population is likely to reach around 2 billion (22% of global population) by 2050 as against 900 million in 2015. Countries such as India, China, Thailand, and South Korea are also expected to have large geriatric populations in the shortest span of time in the near future.
Manual Wound Irrigation Systems to Witness Significant Demand
- In terms of product type, the global wound irrigation systems market can be bifurcated into battery operated and manual
- The manual segment accounted for the largest share of the global wound irrigation systems market in 2018. The segment is expected to dominate the global wound irrigation systems market due to usage of manual wound irrigation systems in deep surgical and hard-to-heal wounds.
Chronic Wounds Segment to Witness Strong Growth
- Based on application, the global wound irrigation systems market can be divided into chronic wounds, burns, surgical wounds, traumatic wounds, and others
- The chronic wounds segment accounted for the largest market share in terms of revenue in 2018. The segment is likely to witness strong growth during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in incidence of surgical site infections and diabetic foot ulcers. According to the U.S. National Institutes of Health, chronic wounds affected 6.5 million people in the U.S. in 2017.
Hospitals to be Most Promising Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global wound irrigation systems market can be divided into hospitals, clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. The hospitals segment accounted for the largest market share in terms of revenue in 2018. The segment is projected to witness significant growth during the forecast period. Increase in the number of patients for wound irrigation in hospitals is anticipated to boost the growth of the segment during the forecast period.
North America to Dominate Global Wound Irrigation Systems Market
- In terms of region, the global wound irrigation systems market can be segment into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global wound irrigation systems market in 2018 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The region’s dominance of the global market can be attributed to increase in incidence of chronic diseases such as diabetes, presence of key players, surge in incidence rate of surgical site infections & diabetic foot ulcers, and rise in demand for early diagnosis. According to the latest study, surgical site infection affects 300,000 patients in the U.S. each year.
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period, owing to rise in adoption of new products and increase in incidence of diabetes in emerging countries such as India and China.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Wound Irrigation Systems Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Players Operating in Global Wound Irrigation Systems Market
The global wound irrigation systems market was highly fragmented in 2018. Leading players operating in the global market are:
- Zimmer Biomet
- Stryker Corporation
- Centurion Medical Products
- BSN medical
- R. Bard, Inc.
- CooperSurgical, Inc.
- Westmed, Inc.
Global Wound Irrigation Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Wound Irrigation Systems Market, by Product
- Battery Operated
Global Wound Irrigation Systems Market, by Application
- Chronic Wounds
- Diabetic Foot Ulcers
- Pressure Ulcers
- Surgical Wounds
- Traumatic Wounds
Global Wound Irrigation Systems Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Global Wound Irrigation Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.