Wound Irrigation Solutions Market: Overview
- Wound irrigation involves a steady supply of solution through an open wound surface to remove debris, achieve wound hydration, and to assist with visual examination. Wound irrigation solution is intended to remove surface pathogens and cellular debris contained in wound exudates. Compared to bathing or swabbing, wound irrigation is considered to be the most effective method of wound cleansing.
- Incidence of accidents and injuries during sports, commute, and adventures has increased drastically in the last decade. Road accidents and violence are major causes of trauma, which requires medical attention. Traumatic injuries and burns are also major causes of acute wounds, which require advanced therapies for treatment. These acute wounds, if not treated properly, increase the burden of chronic wounds and the overall health care burden.
- A number of global manufacturers with technical expertise and core competencies are making efforts to develop and manufacture novel wound debridement and wound care products and devices to attract more customers
- The global wound irrigation solutions market is projected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period. Increase in incidence of injuries and rise in demand for wound debridement products in home care settings are expected to drive the global wound irrigation solutions market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Wound Irrigation Solutions Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market
- The global wound irrigation solutions market is anticipated to be driven by increase in the geriatric population, rise in the burden of chronic diseases, and introduction of technological advanced wound care products
- Chronic diseases that affect skin integrity such as peripheral vascular diseases (arterial insufficiency and venous hypertension) and diabetes have become increasingly common among the geriatric population. Frequent consequences include skin breakdown with formation of ulcers and chronic wounds. Non-communicable diseases also need surgical interventions, which consequently drives the global wound irrigation solution market.
- According to a report by the Wound Healing Society, around 15% of the geriatric population in the U.S. suffers from chronic wounds, which primarily include bedsores (pressure ulcers) and neuropathic wounds (diabetic foot ulcers)
- According to the International Diabetes Federation, the number of diabetes patients across the world is estimated to cross 400 million by 2025, with the maximum rise recorded in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Additionally, around 25% of these patients are expected to develop foot ulcer during their lifetime.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market
- North America is projected to account for significant share of the global wound irrigation solutions market during the forecast period. Growth of the market in the region is attributed to rise in prevalence of chronic diseases, elevated patient awareness levels, and rapidly aging population, especially in the U.S. Moreover, presence of direct sales, focus of major manufacturers, rapid acceptance of new technology products, and high cost of medical products are the key factors driving the market in the region.
- Europe is expected to account for the second largest share of the global wound irrigation solutions market in terms of revenue during the forecast period. The Journal of Wound Care estimates annual incidence of chronic wounds of 4 million in the European Union. Furthermore, the data indicates that 25% to 50% of hospital beds are occupied by patients affected with wounds.
- The market in countries in Asia and the Middle East are expected to grow at a rapid pace due to increase in number of campaigns, government interventions in enhancing health care facilities, and rise in disposable income.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Wound Irrigation Solutions Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market
Major players operating in the global wound irrigation solutions market are:
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Smith & Nephew plc
- Air Liquide-Group
- ConvaTec, Inc.
- Mölnlycke Health Care AB.
- CooperSurgical, Inc.
- C. R. Bard, Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market: Research Scope
Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market, by Product
- Wetting Agents
- Topical Agents
Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market, by Type of Wound
- Chronic Wounds
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer
- Pressure Ulcer
- Venous Ulcer
- Surgical Wounds
- Traumatic Wounds
Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.