Wound Irrigation Solutions Market: Overview
- Wound irrigation involves a steady supply of solution through an open wound surface to remove debris, achieve wound hydration, and to assist with visual examination. Wound irrigation solution is intended to remove surface pathogens and cellular debris contained in wound exudates. Compared to bathing or swabbing, wound irrigation is considered to be the most effective method of wound cleansing.
- Incidence of accidents and injuries during sports, commute, and adventures has increased drastically in the last decade. Road accidents and violence are major causes of trauma, which requires medical attention. Traumatic injuries and burns are also major causes of acute wounds, which require advanced therapies for treatment. These acute wounds, if not treated properly, increase the burden of chronic wounds and the overall health care burden.
- A number of global manufacturers with technical expertise and core competencies are making efforts to develop and manufacture novel wound debridement and wound care products and devices to attract more customers
- The global wound irrigation solutions market is projected to grow at a significant pace during the forecast period. Increase in incidence of injuries and rise in demand for wound debridement products in home care settings are expected to drive the global wound irrigation solutions market.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Wound Irrigation Solutions Market Report
Key Drivers of Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market
- The global wound irrigation solutions market is anticipated to be driven by increase in the geriatric population, rise in the burden of chronic diseases, and introduction of technological advanced wound care products
- Chronic diseases that affect skin integrity such as peripheral vascular diseases (arterial insufficiency and venous hypertension) and diabetes have become increasingly common among the geriatric population. Frequent consequences include skin breakdown with formation of ulcers and chronic wounds. Non-communicable diseases also need surgical interventions, which consequently drives the global wound irrigation solution market.
- According to a report by the Wound Healing Society, around 15% of the geriatric population in the U.S. suffers from chronic wounds, which primarily include bedsores (pressure ulcers) and neuropathic wounds (diabetic foot ulcers)
- According to the International Diabetes Federation, the number of diabetes patients across the world is estimated to cross 400 million by 2025, with the maximum rise recorded in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Additionally, around 25% of these patients are expected to develop foot ulcer during their lifetime.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market
- North America is projected to account for significant share of the global wound irrigation solutions market during the forecast period. Growth of the market in the region is attributed to rise in prevalence of chronic diseases, elevated patient awareness levels, and rapidly aging population, especially in the U.S. Moreover, presence of direct sales, focus of major manufacturers, rapid acceptance of new technology products, and high cost of medical products are the key factors driving the market in the region.
- Europe is expected to account for the second largest share of the global wound irrigation solutions market in terms of revenue during the forecast period. The Journal of Wound Care estimates annual incidence of chronic wounds of 4 million in the European Union. Furthermore, the data indicates that 25% to 50% of hospital beds are occupied by patients affected with wounds.
- The market in countries in Asia and the Middle East are expected to grow at a rapid pace due to increase in number of campaigns, government interventions in enhancing health care facilities, and rise in disposable income.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Wound Irrigation Solutions Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market
Major players operating in the global wound irrigation solutions market are:
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Smith & Nephew plc
- Air Liquide-Group
- ConvaTec, Inc.
- Mölnlycke Health Care AB.
- CooperSurgical, Inc.
- C. R. Bard, Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- Reckitt Benckiser Group plc
Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market: Research Scope
Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market, by Product
- Wetting Agents
- Topical Agents
Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market, by Type of Wound
- Chronic Wounds
- Diabetic Foot Ulcer
- Pressure Ulcer
- Venous Ulcer
- Surgical Wounds
- Traumatic Wounds
Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market, by End-user
- Specialty Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Global Wound Irrigation Solutions Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.