Women’s Health Diagnostics Market
Women’s Health Diagnostics Market (Device Type: Biopsy Devices, Imaging & Monitoring Systems, Kits & Reagents, and Consumables & Accessories; Test Type: Breast Cancer Testing, Cervical Cancer Testing, Prenatal Genetic Screening & Carrier Testing, Pregnancy Testing, Fertility & Ovulation Testing, Infectious Disease Testing, and Others; and End User: Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories & Imaging Centers, Specialty Clinics, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Infections in Pregnant Women Drive Demand for Effective Women’s Health Diagnostics Solutions
High risks associated with the transmission of infectious diseases to pregnant women have raised concerns about effective diagnosis of various infections. As such, infectious disease testing type segment of the women’s health diagnostics market is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 19.2 Bn by the end of 2027. Hence, leading players in the market for women’s health diagnostics are increasing their efficacy in laboratory testing solutions to improve patient outcomes. For instance, leading global medical technology company Siemens Healthineers, offers a range of laboratory testing solutions for women related to TORCH (toxoplasmosis, other (e.g., syphilis, HIV), rubella, cytomegalovirus (CMV), and herpes simplex virus) infections, malnutrition, and bone diseases.
Healthcare companies in the women’s health diagnostics market are tapping into opportunities in diagnostic laboratory testing and infectious disease testing, as both the segments are anticipated to grow rapidly during the forecast period. Growing prevalence of infections causing miscarriage and birth defects in infants are fueling the demand for efficacious treatment options in women’s health diagnostics.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Point-of-Care Women’s Health Diagnostics Market
Strategic Mergers Offer New Reproductive Health Solutions for Asian Women
Apart from expanding product portfolios, companies in the market for women’s health diagnostics are strengthening their global presence through inorganic strategies such as mergers and acquisitions. For instance, in August 2019, Nova Satra Dx - a provider of innovative diagnostics for cancer, announced its merger with a Singapore-based molecular diagnostic company INEX Innovations Exchange Pte. Ltd., to offer healthcare solutions tailored for Asian women. As such, Asia Pacific accounts for the third-highest revenue in the women’s health diagnostics market. This market in Asia Pacific is anticipated for exponential growth during the forecast period.
Companies are collaborating to offer enhanced treatment options in Asia Pacific. Efforts are being made to increase the availability of faster and more accurate diagnostic tests to improve quality of life in patients. The concept of precision healthcare is another key driver that is creating incremental opportunities for companies. The women’s health diagnostics market is undergoing change with increased efforts toward providing women’s reproductive health solutions.
New Testing Approaches Create Revenue Opportunities for Companies and Healthcare Providers
Complications associated with cervical cancer has led to the availability of new tests for early detection of the human papillomavirus (HPV). As such, in terms of test type, the cervical cancer testing segment of the women’s health diagnostics market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 12.5 Bn by 2027. Hence, companies are introducing new testing options to determine the type of HPV that may lead to cancer.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Companies in the women’s health diagnostics market are increasing R&D to study the ‘two-for-one’ diagnostic approach that not only detects the type of HPV infection, but also evaluates precancerous makers. Patients are increasingly benefitting from this approach, since it serves as a low-cost alternative to diagnose the riskiest forms of HPV infection. Thus, to cater to the convenience of patients, companies in the market for women’s health diagnostics are collaborating with research labs to improve outcomes that help to avoid unnecessary diagnostic procedures. Moreover, healthcare providers are increasing efficacy in novel in-vitro molecular diagnostics procedures to assess high-risk HPV infections.
Optimization of Dual HIV/Syphilis Testing Serves Patient Requirement for Cost-effective Testing Options
Diagnostic laboratory centers are collaborating with renowned universities to introduce new combined HIV/syphilis testing options. For instance, Junco Labs - a provider of smartphone diagnostics, revealed its collaboration with Columbia University to demonstrate the integration of smartphone-connected blood test for combined HIV/syphilis test.
Thus, the diagnostic laboratories & imaging centers end user segment of the women’s health diagnostics market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 20.7 Bn by 2022. Hence, stakeholders in diagnostic labs are seeking innovations in dual HIV/syphilis tests.
In the women’s health diagnostics market, efforts are being made to increase the availability of point-of-care (POC) treatments for women. Companies in the women’s health diagnostics market are introducing novel testing options that provide qualitative detection of non-TP (Treponema Pallidum) syphilis. However, there is still a need for effective HIV/syphilis testing options that align with the existing target product profile (TPP). Companies in the market for women’s health diagnostics are offering cost-effective and easy-to-assess tests for combined HIV/syphilis diagnosis.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Companies in the women’s health diagnostics market are offering increased laboratory testing options to assess biomarkers for allergies, thyroid, and renal diseases in women. Companies should increase focus on expansion of diagnostic services in growing economies of Asia Pacific such as Indonesia and Bangladesh.
However, challenges such as poor supply chain management and stock-outs of POC diagnostic tests in developing economies, such as Ghana, pose as a challenge for manufacturing companies. Hence, companies should adopt inventory management techniques and aid health commissions to increase the human resource capacity for ensuring accessibility and sustainability toward POC testing in resource-limited settings.
Women’s Health Diagnostics Market: Overview
- Women’s health diagnostics are used to analyze and detect health issues in women such as breast cancer, cervical cancer, fertility & pregnancy testing, and infectious disease testing
- The women’s health diagnostics market report comprises an elaborate executive summary, which includes a snapshot that provides information about various segments of the market. It also provides information and data analysis of the women’s health diagnostics market with respect to segments based on device type, test type, end user, and region
- The overview section of the report analyzes the market dynamics and trends, such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities that influence the women’s health diagnostics market. The section also covers market revenue projections, market attractiveness analysis, and key market share analysis in order to provide a thorough analysis of the overall competitive scenario in the women’s health diagnostics market.
Women’s Health Diagnostics Market: Key Drivers
- The women’s health diagnostics market is driven by menopause, increase in awareness among people about the availability of treatments for sexually transmitted diseases, surge in women health awareness, favorable incentive and reimbursement policies for UTIs, and increase in diseases in women
- According to the Society of Obstetricians & Gynecologists of Canada, around 80% women claim to suffer from, at least, one menopausal symptom including mood swings, irritability, interrupted sleep, hot flushes, and vaginal dryness
- However, risk of breast cancer with HRT treatment, increase in demand for alternative therapies, and legal obligations are the major factors anticipated to restrain the global market
Market Segmentation: Women’s Health Diagnostics Market
- In terms of device type, the women’s health diagnostics market has been classified into biopsy devices, imaging & monitoring systems, kits & reagents, and consumables & accessories. The kits & reagents segment held a major share of the global market in 2018, as kits & reagents are used in tests such as cancer biopsy, prenatal genetic testing, and infectious disease testing.
- Based on test type, the women’s health diagnostics market has been categorized into breast cancer testing, cervical cancer testing, prenatal genetic screening & carrier testing, pregnancy testing, fertility & ovulation testing, infectious disease testing, and others. The infectious disease testing segment dominated the market in 2018, owing to high incidence of infectious diseases in women.
- In terms of end user, the women’s health diagnostics market has been divided into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories & imaging centers, specialty clinics, and others. The diagnostic laboratories & imaging centers segment accounted for a significant share of the market in 2018. The segment is expected to retain its leadership position during the forecast period. Growth of the segment can be attributed to increase in the number of diagnostic procedures in diagnostic laboratories & imaging centers.
- Each of the segments of the women’s health diagnostics market has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends, and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The report provides current and future revenues (US$ Mn) for each of these segments for the period from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2019 to 2027, along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Women’s Health Diagnostics Market
- In terms of region, the global women’s health diagnostics market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America accounted for a significant share of the global market in 2018. The market in the region is anticipated to be driven by high rate of adoption of women’s health diagnostics for women’s disease analysis.
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the market, which would help new companies willing to enter the market, and existing companies to increase market shares and help in the decision-making process
Major Players in Global Market
- The women’s health diagnostics report concludes with the company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the market
- Key players operating in the global women’s health diagnostics market include
- Abbott Laboratories
- Dickinson and Company
- bioMérieux SA
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- GE Healthcare
- Hologic, Inc.
- Koninklijke Philips N.V.
- Quest Diagnostics Inc.
- Cardinal Health
- Siemens AG
TMR’s report on the global women’s health diagnostics market studies the past as well as the current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the mentioned indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the revenue of the women’s health diagnostics market for the period from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the women’s health diagnostics market for the forecast period from 2019 to 2027.
The report has been prepared after extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts conducted interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved studying key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the women’s health diagnostics market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the women’s health diagnostics market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the women’s health diagnostics market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the women’s health diagnostics market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the women’s health diagnostics market. Key players operating in the women’s health diagnostics market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT analysis are some of the attributes of players in the women’s health diagnostics market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Women’s Health Diagnostics Market Report
- How does the development of women’s health diagnostics provide the scope of growth in the women’s health diagnostics market?
- How alliances and partnerships between players are widening the scope of new preservation techniques for women’s health diagnostics?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments under various criteria in the women’s health diagnostics market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to generate the highest revenue by the end of the forecast period in 2027?
- How is the evolving healthcare system in developing countries in Asia Pacific making an impact on the overall women’s health diagnostics market?
Women’s Health Diagnostics Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the women’s health diagnostics market begins with an overview section, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of line of procedure for women’s health diagnostics.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the women’s health diagnostics market in terms of device type, test type, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share for each of these at the end of 2027 has also provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the women’s health diagnostics market.
Women’s Health Diagnostics Market – Segmentation
Imaging & Monitoring Systems
Kits & Reagents
Consumables & Accessories
Breast Cancer Testing
Cervical Cancer Testing
Prenatal Genetic Screening & Carrier Testing
Fertility & Ovulation Testing
Infectious Disease Testing
Diagnostic Laboratories & Imaging Centers
Middle East & Africa