Wire & Cable Recycling Market: Introduction
- Wire and cable recycling refers to the process of converting wire and cable scrap into reusable material. It is an alternative for the conventional waste disposal, which can reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Wire & Cable Recycling Market
- Surge in the volume of wire and cable scrap has raised concerns about the environment, due to improper disposal of wire and cable wastes. This, in turn, is expected to drive the global wire & cable recycling market during the forecast period.
- Growing efforts to maintain sustainability of primary metal sources and increasing demand for copper from various industries, including electrical & electronics (E&E), automotive, and manufacturing, is projected to drive the global wire & cable recycling market during the forecast period. Furthermore, increase in efforts to reduce the production cost is also expected to propel the global market in the near future.
- Rise in investments in the construction industry led by improvement in the living standards, increase in the purchasing power, migration of people from rural to urban areas, and strong economic growth, in developing as well as developed countries, is anticipated to propel the global wire & cable recycling market during the forecast period
- However, improper waste disposal is expected to restrain the global wire & cable recycling market during the forecast period
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Electrical & Electronics Segment Expected to Hold a Major Share of Global Market
- The global wire & cable recycling market can be segmented based on application, metal type, and region
- In terms of metal, the global wire & cable recycling market can be divided into copper, aluminum, and others. Copper is predominantly used in the wire & cable industry owing to its high conductivity.
- In terms of application, the global recycled copper market can be divided into electrical & electronics, building & construction, power, communication, transportation, and others. Building & construction is one of the major end-users of wires and cables, due to increase in the demand for distribution of electricity from one point to another within electric appliances in residential establishments.
North America Expected to Hold a Major Share of Global Wire & Cable Recycling Market
- In terms of region, the global wire & cable recycling market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The wire & cable recycling market in North America is projected to witness rapid growth during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to increase in the volume of wire and cable scrap generated from residential and commercial establishments across the region.
- The wire & cable recycling market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, due to the increase in investments in building and construction activities primarily in Japan, South Korea, India, and China backed by rise in migration of people from rural to urban areas
- The wire & cable recycling market in Europe is estimated to witness growth during the forecast period, due to surge in spending on the development of electric infrastructures. Wires are largely used in residential and commercial buildings to convey electric current to all power applications in a building or dwelling.
- The wire & cable recycling market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to increase in investments in the infrastructure sector in these regions. For instance, in 2019, Middle East & North Africa announced to invest US$ 209 Bn in the power sector in the next five years to fulfill the surging electricity demand, as countries in the region continue investing in renewable energy projects.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global wire & cable recycling market include:
- REDOMA Recycling AB
- MTB Recycling
- Bolduc Metal Recycling Inc.
- The Angelus Corporation
Global Wire & Cable Recycling Market: Research Scope
Global Wire & Cable Recycling Market, by Application
- Electrical & Electronics
- Building & Construction
Global Wire & Cable Recycling Market, by Scrap
Global Wire & Cable Recycling Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.