Wind Turbine Control Systems Market
Wind Turbine Control Systems Market (Type: Yaw Systems, Pitch Systems, Main Control Systems, and Condition Monitoring Systems; Component: Hardware [Sensors, Human Machine Interface, Drives & Motors, and Others] and Software; Application: Onshore and Offshore; and Installation: New Installations and Retrofits) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Innovations in Components Trigger Growth for Wind Turbine Control Systems Market
Improved power generation has become the need of the hour in the wind turbine control systems market. With technological advancements, stakeholders in the value chain are aiming to extend wind project lifespan whilst lowering operational costs. Hence, drivers such as innovations in longer & lighter rotor blades and blades with curved tips are generating incremental opportunities for companies operating in the wind turbine control systems market. As such, manufacturers are developing blades that are designed to take maximum advantage of all wind speeds.
Furthermore, advancements in blades involve their ability to withstand the stresses of high-altitude wind and tall towers. This is evident since the market for wind turbine control systems is estimated to reach a ~US$ 16.7 Bn by the end of 2027. Several key drivers such as the introduction of reliable gearboxes and digitization of processes are creating demand for wind turbine control systems.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Wind Turbine Control Systems Market
Sensor Technologies in Monitoring Systems Help to Maintain Safety of Wind Farms
Stakeholders in the wind turbine control systems market are adopting various control strategies to boost wind farm performance. Likewise, remote monitoring is becoming increasingly mainstream in order to improve turbine performance. Moreover, end-use stakeholders are benefitting from monitoring systems, as they provide vast quantities of data related to individual turbines as well as whole wind farms. Thus, cutting-edge diagnostics and predictive maintenance tools are leveraging the advantages of integration of advanced wind turbine control systems to maximize energy production.
As far as hardened hardware platforms are concerned, innovative sensor technologies are catching the attention of companies in the wind turbine control systems market. Hence, manufacturers are incorporating sensor technologies in remote monitoring systems that help to measure several parameters of individual components and subsystems. As such, sensors are being highly publicized for offering insights on various components to maintain optimum efficiency and safety of wind farms. Hence, companies are increasing research in cutting-edge sensor technologies used in world-class remote monitoring systems.
Innovative Software Platforms Reduce Maintenance Cost and Maximize Energy Production
Since power generation has become one of the key focus points for end-use stakeholders in the market for wind turbine control systems, companies are increasing their efficacy in systems built with automated technology. Stakeholders in the value chain are focusing on maximizing the annual energy production (AEP). Hence, companies in the wind turbine control systems market are increasing their production capabilities to develop systems with automation technology. Automated systems are being highly publicized for reliable control and monitoring for a variety of power generation assets.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Thus, emergence of flexible software platforms and integrated plant management are some of the key drivers contributing to the growth of the wind turbine control systems market. Though hardware component segment accounts for a larger share of the market as compared to the software segment, open and accessible software platforms help in acquiring turbine operational insights. Such advantageous aspects of innovative software platforms are gaining popularity, owing to their cost efficiency.
Robust Cybersecurity Solutions and Scalable Hardware Meet End User Requirements
The wind turbine control systems market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~10% during the forecast period. However, current cybersecurity issues pose as challenge for manufacturers in the market landscape. Hence, companies are increasing their efficacy in security services to enhance a plant’s security posture. For instance, Emerson-a multinational automation solutions provider, has been able to address cybersecurity issues with the help of their Ovation system, which is equipped with security functions related to account management and controller certification. Thus, the emergence of robust cybersecurity solutions are boosting the growth of the wind turbine control systems market.
On the other hand, innovations in wind turbine control systems include the introduction of complete individual turbine control and monitoring systems. Companies in the wind turbine control systems market are increasing R&D to develop systems with accessible and open control platform and flexible troubleshooting capabilities to suit the needs of operators. They are developing systems with scalable hardware that withstands harsh environmental conditions.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Wind Turbine Control Systems Market
Although the onshore application segment accounts for a larger share of the wind turbine control systems market, predictive tools and techniques are transforming the offshore wind industry. With the influx of digitization and 5G connectivity, offshore wind turbines can now easily communicate with far-located asset owners. Moreover, the market in Europe is witnessing change with growing emergence of SMEs and startups specializing in sensor technologies due to which, this market in the region is anticipated to expand at a significant rate.
There is a need to maximize energy production in the market. However, consolidation of smaller OEMs purchased by major OEMs has created barriers in ensuring optimum performance of turbines that become obsolete or unsupported in a shorter life span. Hence, companies should develop turbines with automated technology to extend their life span and reduce maintenance costs.
Wind Turbine Control Systems Market: Overview
- Wind turbine consists of more than 8,000 spare parts that need to be controlled to produce maximum energy. Major systems of wind turbines such as pitch systems, yaw systems, main control systems, and break systems control the movement of blades and power generation in wind turbines.
- Wind turbines need wind turbine control systems to monitor and control these systems. Furthermore, wind farms are located in remote places, where windmills faces harsh weather conditions. This results in high maintenance and repair costs.
- Hence, the wind turbine control systems market is witnessing growth, as these help constantly monitor and control wind farms
Increase in Global Demand for Electricity to Drive Wind Turbine Control Systems Market
- Of late, industrialization and urbanization have increased significantly across the globe. This has boosted the demand for electricity in the world. More than 22,900 terawatt per hour of electricity was consumed in the world in 2018.
- Asia Pacific held major share (80%) in terms of consumption of energy; of this, nearly 60% of energy is consumed by China. Demand for electricity has increased in China, owing to steady economic growth and industrial demand. Demand for electricity has also increased in some other countries of Asia Pacific such as India, South Korea, Japan, and Indonesia.
- Consumption of electricity in the U.S. increased by around 2% to around 3,970 TWh in 2018. The residential sector accounted for more than 6% share of the consumption of energy in the country. Consumption of electricity was also high in Canada, Brazil, and Russia in 2018, owing to high economic growth and industrial demand.
- Demand for electricity is expected to continue to rise across the globe during the forecast period. The world is focusing on renewable energy to cater to the high demand for electricity. Wind energy is a prominent source of energy in renewable energy. Of late, there has been a rise in investment in production of wind energy across the world. The wind turbine control systems market is directly linked with the wind turbines market. Thus, increase in demand for electricity is anticipated to drive the global wind turbine control systems market during the forecast period.
Availability of Cheaper Alternate Sources of Energy to Hamper Wind Turbine Control Systems Market
- Several alternate sources of energy are available in the market compared to wind energy. These are comparatively cheaper. These energy sources include solar power, hydro energy, geothermal, biofuel, and fossil fuel. Generating energy from these sources is more economical compared to that from wind energy.
- Thus, availability of cheaper alternate sources of energy is estimated to hamper the global wind turbine control systems market during the forecast period
Rise in Investments in Offshore Wind Farms to Offer Lucrative Opportunities for Wind Turbine Control Systems Market
- Investments in offshore wind farms have increased at a steady pace, especially in Europe and Asia Pacific. Electricity produced from windmills in Europe stood at around 18,278 MW in 2018, while that in Asia Pacific stood at around 4,832 MW in the same year. The U.K. leads the offshore wind energy production segment with 7,963 MW of electricity. In Asia Pacific, China dominates in terms of production of electricity (4,588 MW). This trend of increase in investment is expected to continue during the forecast period. In turn, this is projected to boost the wind turbine control systems market.
Recent Developments, Expansions, Acquisitions, and New Contracts
- In June 2018, KK Wind Solutions and Vestas announced the successful completion of APQP4Wind, the first project that used the new common standards in the wind industry. The project started with APQP4Wind kick-off meeting with customers to align expectations and quality standards. Vestas has been using the APQP4Wind project model for a Vestas specific UPS panel development project using KK Wind Solutions as a partnering systems supplier.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Wind Turbine Control Systems Market
- Asia Pacific dominated the global wind turbine control systems market in 2018, owing to the rise in the number of wind farms in the region. The number of wind farms increased considerably in China in 2018. It is the leading country in terms of number of wind farms in the world. Thus, China accounted for a high share of demand for wind turbine control systems in 2018. This trend is likely to continue during the forecast period.
- Europe is estimated to be a highly attractive region of the global wind turbine control systems market during the forecast period. Its share is likely to rise significantly in the global wind turbine control systems market during the forecast period. This can be primarily ascribed to the increase in consumption of electricity in Europe.
- The wind turbine control systems market in North America is estimated to witness high attractiveness during the forecast period, due to ongoing developments in the wind farm sector. The wind turbine control systems market in North America is expected to expand at a steady pace during the forecast period.
- The wind turbine control systems market in Latin America is projected to experience moderate attractiveness during the forecast period. This can be primarily ascribed to the low investment in production of wind energy in the region. However, investment in wind energy production is expected to increase gradually. Thus, the wind turbine control systems market in the region is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
- The wind turbine control systems market in Middle East & Africa is less attractive due to the availability of high quality of fossil fuel in region. Countries in the region are more dependent on fossil fuel for energy. This is anticipated to hamper the demand for wind energy, thereby adversely affecting the investment in the wind turbine control systems market. Hence, Middle East & Africa is estimated to account for minimal share of the global wind turbine control systems market during the forecast period.
Highly Competitive Wind Turbine Control Systems Market
- The global wind turbine control systems market is highly consolidated, with the presence of large numbers of players operating at local, regional, and international levels
- Key players operating in the global wind turbine control systems market include
- General Electric
- Emerson Electric Co
- Moog Inc.
- Rockwell Automation, Inc.
Wind Turbine Control Systems Market - Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global wind turbine control systems market to accurately gauge its potential future development. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the wind turbine control systems market, to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the wind turbine control systems market will progress during the forecast period of 2019-2027.
The report offers intricate dynamics about the different aspects of the wind turbine control systems market that aid companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the wind turbine control systems market during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight the growth prospects of the wind turbine control systems market, and estimate statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Mn).
This study covers a detailed segmentation of the wind turbine control systems market, along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions the company profiles of key players that are currently dominating the wind turbine control systems market, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Wind Turbine Control Systems Market
The report provides detailed information about the wind turbine control systems market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the wind turbine control systems, so as to help them make successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- Which component of wind turbine control systems market will emerge as a major revenue generator for the market during the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of the advantages of wind turbine control systems?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the wind turbine control systems market between 2019 and 2027?
- What are the winning imperatives of market frontrunners in the wind turbine control systems market?
- Which application is expected to have maximum potential for wind turbine control systems during the foreseeing period?
Research Methodology – Wind Turbine Control Systems Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for combining the wind turbine control systems market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the wind turbine control systems market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of data obtained through the interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the wind turbine control systems market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the wind turbine control systems market.
Wind Turbine Control Systems Market - Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global wind turbine control systems market based on type, component, application, installation, and region. This report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they are influencing the growth prospects of the wind turbine control systems market.
Main Control Systems
Condition Monitoring Systems
Middle East & Africa