Wind Power Coatings Market
Wind Power Coatings Market (Type: Polymer Coatings, Ceramic Coatings, and Metal Coatings; Technology: Water-based, Solvent-based, Powder, and UV-cured; and Application: Offshore and Onshore) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
- Chemicals & Materials
- 378 Pages
New Technologies Boost Demand for Polymer-based Wind Power Coatings
Growing atrocities of unpredictable weather conditions have triggered the demand for efficacious wind power coatings. Manufacturing companies are aiming to expand their product portfolio of polymer coatings for wind towers and blades that are witnessing an increase in demand. As such, the polymer coatings type segment dominates the wind power coatings market, in terms of value and volume, and is estimated to reach a volume of ~178,200 kilo liters by the end of 2022. Hence, manufacturers are innovating in new polymer coatings. For instance, German supplier of high-tech polymer materials Convestro, has gained expertise in PUR (Polyurethanes)-based topcoats that offer lasting corrosion protection for wind towers.
Companies in the market for wind power coatings are increasing their research activities to develop high-performance wind energy coatings. They are adding value to polymer coatings by offering exceptional gloss and color retention attributes in coatings. Furthermore, companies in the wind power coatings market are increasing production capacities to manufacture PUR-based coatings to provide lasting mechanical performance and protection from abrasion for smooth functionality of turbine blades. Companies are helping stakeholders in onshore and offshore segments to achieve high productivity by increasing the availability of low-VOC content coatings.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Rise in Use of Graphene Additives to Manufacture Eco-friendly Coatings
Companies in the wind power coatings market are boosting their credibility credentials by developing greener corrosion protection coatings. Apart from gaining stability in polymer-based coatings, manufacturers are increasing efforts to gain trust and reliability in the global market landscape by developing eco-friendly coatings. This goal is being achieved with the help of graphene additives.
Exceptional mechanical strength and thermal conductive properties of graphene are gaining increased popularity in the market for wind power coatings. Hence, manufacturers are combining the properties of graphene with solvent- and water-based coatings to develop eco-friendly coatings. As such, the water-based technology segment accounts for the highest revenue in the wind power coatings market. This segment is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 800 Mn by 2027.
Moreover, manufacturers are increasing production capabilities to develop water-based coatings to address the growing concerns of corrosion in onshore and offshore applications. Companies are experimenting by combining graphene with other corrosion-protection pigments to offer anti-corrosion function in coatings.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
High Industry Standards Lead to Innovations
High industry standards in the European wind power coatings market are giving rise to efficient coating systems. There is a growing demand for advanced coatings that improve operational life of wind turbines. Hence, manufacturers in the wind power coatings market are increasing the availability of protective coatings and gel coatings for blades of wind power plants. As such, the onshore blade application segment of the wind power coatings market is estimated to reach an output of ~66,000 kilo liters by 2027. Hence, manufacturers are increasing efforts to meet productivity and long-lasting performance without the need for maintenance requirements of end users.
Companies in the wind power coatings market are gaining efficacy in waterborne topcoats that provide low solvent emissions. They are tapping into opportunities in coatings for rotor blades to offer leading-edge protection.
Aerospace Technology Helps Overcome Challenges in Development of Turbine Blades
Innovations in offshore application are contributing to the exponential growth of the market, even though onshore application dominates the wind power coatings market in terms of volume and value. Companies are adopting new approaches such as using the aerospace technology to develop leading-edge protection systems. These novel coatings are being increasingly used for offshore wind turbines. Continuous product developments in the wind power coatings market are helping stakeholders in the offshore segment to achieve cost-efficiency. Cost-efficiency is being achieved through advanced coating systems that eliminate the need for intervention due to rain erosion. Thus, improved coatings are paving the way for lighter wind turbine blades.
On the other hand, new product offerings for onshore applications are helping manufacturers in the wind power coatings market to accomplish business stability. As such, the onshore application segment accounts for ~97% of the wind power coatings market share. However, there is a need for better products to address erosion due to rain. Hence, companies in the wind power coatings market are adopting the aerospace technology to enhance the blades operational life.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Wind Power Coatings Market , ask for a customized report
The wind power coatings market is largely consolidated with three major players accounting to ~75% of the market share. Companies are focusing on niche requirements for fewer coats and faster curing in painting operations. They are increasing awareness about the inspection technology to improve the operational life of wind turbine blades in onshore and offshore applications.
However, conventional coating methods, such as using zinc powder lead to growing concerns about the degradation of the environment. Hence, manufacturers are developing coatings with graphene additives to help develop greener coatings. Companies should invest in powder and water-based coatings, since they are projected for exponential growth.
Wind Power Coatings Market: Overview
- Wind power coatings are applied on the surface of blades and towers. Different types of coatings available in the wind power coatings market include polymer coatings, ceramic coatings, and metal coatings.
- Consumption of polymer coatings is high across the globe due to its excellent cost-to-performance ratio
- Demand for wind power coatings has been rising due to growth in demand for renewable energy across the globe
- In terms of application, onshore is anticipated to be a dominant segment of the wind power coatings market during the forecast period
Wind Power Coatings Market: Key Growth Drivers
- Global demand for energy has been rising at a rapid pace since the last decade. Fossil fuel meets 70% of the global consumption of electricity. Fossil fuel emission continues to worsen the climatic; hence, carbon-free solutions such as solar power, nuclear power, and wind power are gaining prominence across the globe for energy generation.
- China is expected to invest US$ 10.8 Bn in 13 offshore wind power projects, with capacity of approximately 3.7 GW. In March 2018, Japan passed a new bill that enacted rules to promote offshore wind. The Act was approved by the Cabinet of Japan. The new design aims to reduce offshore wind prices, which currently stand at around US$ 320/MWh. These are three to six times higher than those in Europe.
Wind Power Coatings Market: Major Challenges
- Wind mills are located in areas that experience strong winds. Coating of blades at offshore locations requires skilled labor. Furthermore, choosing the right type of coating and technology is highly important, as blades are exposed to severe weather conditions. . Consequently, difficulties in application of coatings on the blades hamper the wind power coatings market.
- Painting of turbines and blades is expensive, owing to heavy equipment needed to access the blades
Wind Power Coatings Market: Opportunities
- Countries in Southeast Asia, such as Indonesia, the Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, Malaysia, Laos, and Myanmar offer significant opportunities to the wind power coatings market. This can be ascribed to the rise in demand for energy, driven by economic expansion, increase in population, and surge in urbanization.
- Asia is estimated to add 5 GW to 7 GW of new offshore installations per year after the implementation of strong government policies and investments. This is also estimated to offer significant opportunities to the wind power coatings market in the near future.
Asia Pacific Dominates Wind Power Coatings Market
- Asia Pacific dominated the global wind power coatings market in 2018. The wind power coatings market in the region is expanding at a significant rate, due to the rise in demand for wind power coatings in developing countries.
- In terms of consumption, North America held a considerable share of the global wind power coatings market in 2018, owing to the increase in demand for these coatings in offshore wind power plants in the region
Extensive Usage of Wind Power Coatings in Onshore Application
- Based on application, the onshore segment dominated the wind power coatings market with ~97% market share in 2018. The high market share can be ascribed to the extensive usage of these coatings in onshore wind turbines.
- The onshore segment is anticipated to expand significantly during the forecast period, led by the rise in demand for anti-corrosive coatings in onshore wind power plants
- The offshore segment is projected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period, owing to the increase in usage of wind power coatings in upcoming offshore wind power projects, as they ensure better corrosion resistance and long life of wind turbines
Key Developments in Wind Power Coatings Market
- The global wind power coatings market is consolidated. Medium- and large-scale companies account for a leading share of the global wind power coatings market. The top three players cumulatively held a share of ~78% of the global wind power coatings market in 2018.
- Key players operating in the global wind power coatings market include-
- Akzo Nobel N.V.
- 3M Co.
- The Sherwin-Williams Company
- Mankiewicz Gebr. & Co. (GmbH & Co. KG)
- Bergolin GmbH & Co. KG
- Duromar, Inc.
- Aeolus Coatings B.V.
- Hempel A/S is a leading company operating in the wind power coatings market. The company manufactures a wide range of wind power coating products for use in various applications. The company operates in more than 80 countries through 27 factories, 48 sales offices, and more than 150 stock points strategically located in North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America.
- PPG Industries, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and distributor of coatings, specialty materials, and glass products across the world. It is a global leader in the field of protective and industrial coatings with more than 150 manufacturing facilities spread across the globe.
Wind Power Coatings Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s recent publication on the global wind power coatings market provides audiences with an overall market outlook, with the help of a comprehensive assessment of the global market scenario. TMR’s study on the wind power coatings market analyzes the industry with respect to historical and current market scenario, which offers a forecast for the period of 2019 to 2027.
Report readers are able to make important decisions pertaining to their business with a wealth of information and exclusive wind power coatings market insights enclosed in the study. The wind power coatings market report also provides an in-depth understanding of key industry trends and developments made by companies. This TMR report is divided into different sections that allow readers to gain an individual understanding of the wind power coatings market.
Key Queries Addressed in Report on Wind Power Coatings Market
- How much revenue is the global wind power coatings market expected to generate by the end of forecast period?
- Which type of wind power coatings is likely to generate the highest revenue by 2027?
- What are the key growth indicators and market dynamics that are expected to drive the wind power coatings market over the next five years?
- Which regions are estimated to provide lucrative opportunities for the global wind power coatings market?
- What are the essential strategies incorporated by key wind power coatings market players in an attempt to expand their geographical presence?
The first section in the TMR report on the wind power coatings market begins with a premise that includes report scope, market segmentation, and research highlights. This is followed by the executive summary that emphasizes on the wind power coatings market aspects covered in the study. This section provides a brief understanding of market elements and enables readers to understand the aspects covered in the study. The report also includes market dynamics that offer an understanding of market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The next section includes an extensive segmentation analysis of the wind power coatings market. This evaluation includes the division of the wind power coatings market segments based on type, technology, application, and region. Furthermore, an analysis of these key segments, year-on-year growth projections, and basis point share analysis have been included in the report. These help readers identify promising market growth areas.
The TMR study on the global wind power coatings market offers an assessment of the geographical landscape of the market. Regional study helps market competitors make important decisions pertaining to their business. Individualized, country-wise, and segment-wise analysis pertaining to different regions helps readers decipher the potential of the market in various geographies. Supported by year-on-year growth projections and global value and volume share, this section is a vital part of the report.
The study on the wind power coatings market offers a holistic competitive value judgment with details of leading and emerging market players. The dashboard view of competitors in the wind power coatings market report allows readers to understand their business and strategies, along with their performance.
The TMR report on the global wind power coatings market is based on a detailed estimation of the market, with inclusion of comprehensive primary and secondary research inputs. Detailed investigation of the wind power coatings market in terms of competitive scenario is supported by an individual-level examination of different avenues related to the industry. Furthermore, for secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the wind power coatings market. This helps TMR’s analysts derive crucial predictions and forecast analysis of the wind power coatings market. Readers can access the wind power coatings market study to gain a forecast market analysis for the period of 2019 to 2027.
Wind Power Coatings Market: Segmentation