Western Wear Market: Introduction
- Western wear is women’s, men’s, or kid's clothing that derives its exclusive style by signifying to the clothes worn in the 19th century Wild West.
- The Western wear market can be divided into two categories: office wear/business wear (corporate wear), which involves formal shirts, skirts, trousers, dresses, and suits; and occasion-specific wear, which comprises clothing worn during occasions such as award ceremonies, proms, and weddings.
Key Drivers of the Global Western Wear Market
- Modern trends such as advent of e-commerce, shift in consumer preference, rise in fashion consciousness among the youth, increase in disposable income, and improved lifestyle are expected to have a positive impact on the global western wear market during the forecast years.
- Across the globe, e-commerce has influenced all industries. The retail industry including apparel retail is also influenced by rise in e-commerce. In the near future, the e-commerce channel in the overall retail industry is expected to become the largest channel.
- These factors are likely to drive the demand for western wear globally in the coming years.
Growing Working Women’s Population in the Global Market to Offer Attractive Opportunities
- Rising population of working women and increasing adoption of western clothes in the corporate sector is expected to popularize western wear.
- Arrival of international brands, rising popularity of e-commerce sites and social media, nuclear families, rise in brand awareness, and working women with higher disposable income are also key opportunities in the western wear market for upcoming brands in the future.
- For example, justifiable economic development, a good understanding of international brands, and a growing middle-class has made India a robust market for the expansion of women’s western wear in the country.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Counterfeit Options to Hamper the Market
- Various local and unorganized players offer low cost products made of cheap quality materials which are uncomfortable to wear and also cause skin problems. This is likely to restrain the western wear market throughout the forecast period.
- Rising demand for western clothing across the globe is offset by the increase in counterfeit clothing products. These products are increasing their presence on social media sites to enhance their sales.
Asia Pacific Projected to be the Fastest Growing Region of the Global Western Wear Market
- In 2018, North America and Europe dominated the western wear market globally as they are the traditional western wear markets.
- However, in terms of CAGR, Asia Pacific is projected to be the fast growing market during the forecast years as the region has a large youth population especially in India and China. Moreover, rising adoption of western lifestyles and culture in Asia Pacific countries is increasing the adoption of western wear in the region. The western wear market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow faster than established regions owing to its large population and rising adoption of western culture.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Key players in the western wear market are estimated to witness growing demand for western wear throughout the forecast years owing to introduction of latest western wear that inspire customers and encourage them to spend more on their outfits. Manufacturers are focusing on acquisitions, expansions, and collaboration with startup companies as their main strategy to gain significant market share. Additionally, the market is anticipated to witness improvement in the trend of manufacturing new products with attractive packaging, and spending more on promotion of products. A few of the key players operating in the global western wear market are:
- Aditya Birla Fashion and Retail Limited
- Forever21 Inc.
- Marks & Spencer
- Hennes & Mauritz AB
- Benetton Group
- Diesel SpA
- The Gap, Inc.
- PVH Corp.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Western Wear Market, ask for a customized report
Global Western Wear Market: Research Scope
Global Western Wear Market, by Type
Global Western Wear Market, by End-user
Global Western Wear Market, by Distribution Channel
Global Western Wear Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report on the global western wear market is a compilation of first-hand information, qualitative and quantitative assessment by industry analysts, and inputs from industry experts and industry participants across the value chain. The report provides in-depth analysis of parent market trends, macroeconomic indicators, and governing factors, along with market attractiveness as per segments. The report also maps the qualitative impact of various factors on market segments and regions
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.