Webbing Market (Material: Natural and Man-made; Product: Flat Webbing, Tubular Webbing, and Others; and End Use: Aerospace, Automotive, Military, Industrial & Safety, Fashion Accessories, E-textile, Sport Goods, Marine, Medical, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Growing Adoption of Webbing to Produce Hiking Gear, Seatbelts to Propel Market Growth
The global webbing market is expected to witness steady growth in the coming years. While the COVID-19 pandemic continues to rattle markets around the world, its effect can be felt across the market for webbing, particularly in China, Spain, and Italy. Over the past couple of decades, noteworthy advancements in the shuttle loom technology have set the ball rolling for the growth of the webbing market. At present, modern-day shuttle loom technologies incorporate electronic components and jacquard capabilities that aim to maximize production.
At present, an array of webbing alternatives are available due to which, the demand for the same is expected to witness considerable growth during the forecast period, particularly from automotive and military sectors. Webbing is increasingly being used to produce fire safety gear, military soft goods such as cargo, harnesses, packs, seatbelts, hiking gear, etc. Moreover, webbing is also increasingly being used to manufacture protective equipment for oil & gas workers. The significant growth of the automotive sector and soaring demand for technical textiles are some of the other key factors that are expected to influence the growth of the market for webbing during the assessment period. At the back of these factors, the global webbing market is expected to reach a value of ~US$ 1.2 Bn by the end of 2027.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample?
Flat Webbing Set to Remain in High Demand, Tubular Webbing Plays Second Fiddle
Within the webbing market, of the different types of products, the demand for flat webbing is expected to remain higher than that of tubular webbing. The adoption of flat webbing is on the rise, as it is easier to get tensioned, has a more direct response, relatively thinner, requires less space and lighter, easier to use in slackline jumping tricks and more. While the demand for flat webbing is expected to be higher; the demand for tubular webbing is set to witness a consistent growth. The adoption of tubular webbing is on the rise, as it is soft, durable, etc. The adoption of both these product types is witnessing a significant rise from a host of industrial sectors, including automotive, medical, and industrial & safety, and aerospace. Although webbing is increasingly being used to make seatbelts in the automotive sector, companies are largely focused on improving the comfort of vehicles.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Man-made Webbing Alternatives to Lead Webbing Market
Due to significant advancements in technology, man-made webbing is expected to have a higher market share than that of natural webbing materials. Among the man-made materials, polypropylene, nylon, aramid fibers, polybenzoxazole, liquid crystal polymers yarn, and high modulus polyethylene. Polyester webbing is increasingly used in marine fabric applications, due to its excellent fade-resistant property. Polyester webbing is ideal to manufacture bag handles, sail ties, support straps, etc. Polyester webbing is predominantly used for applications that require low to high load bearing. Although polypropylene webbing does not offer the same amount of durability as that of nylon or polyester webbing, its demand is expected to witness consistent growth particularly to manufacture leashes, dog collars, luggage straps, etc.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Webbing Market, ask for a customized report
The global webbing market is expected to grow at a CAGR of ~6% during the forecast period. Some of the major factors that are expected to influence the growth of the webbing market include significant rise in the automotive industry, increase in the number of technical textiles, and strides taken by the loom textile technology. The advent of COVID-19 is expected to influence the webbing market in multiple ways, as the automotive sector in China has taken a massive hit.
Webbing Market: Overview
- Webbings are strong fabrics woven in the form of a tube or flat strip. They can be made of nylon, polypropylene, ultra-high-molecular-weight polyethylene, para-aramid synthetic fibers, polyester, carbon fibers, cotton, or jute
- Webbing is a woven fabric that is distinguishable by its material composition, variations in strength, and width. The webbing process essentially involves yarns that are woven by using looms to create strips. While it is generally comparable to ropes in terms of its harnessing function, webbing is an extremely versatile component used in industrial applications ranging from military apparel to automotive parts.
- Typically, webbing is fabricated in a solid or tubular form, with each type having different applications and functions. While ropes are typically thick in texture, webbing is produced in the form of extremely lightweight parts. Primary materials used in the production of webbing include varieties of polyester, nylon, and polypropylene. Cotton webbing is also available and it is commonly used in commercial applications, including clothing apparel. Webbing is also customizable in a series of colors, designs, and prints. Manufacturers can fabricate reflective webbing for use in safety applications.
Webbing Market: Highlights
- The global webbing market is anticipated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. Demand for technical textiles, such as webbing, has been increasing over the last few years, owing to their wide usage in various end-use industries. This factor is likely to boost the global webbing market during the forecast period.
- Applications of webbing include backpack and harnessing gears, hiking, sporting goods, and retail apparel. Automotive seat belts and harnesses are major applications of webbing.
- Leading manufacturers of webbing are developing advanced products with the combination of various polymers such as Kevlar, Technora, Dyneema, and Spectra. The development of new products is estimated to fuel the demand for webbing during the forecast period.
Rise in Demand for Man-made Webbing
- The global webbing market has been segmented based on material, product, end use, and region. Based on material, the market has been divided into natural and man-made. In terms of revenue, the man-made segment held a major share of the global market in 2018. Based on product, the market has been categorized into flat webbing, tubular webbing, and others. In terms of revenue, the flat webbing segment held a major share of the global market in 2018. Based on application, the global webbing market has been classified into aerospace, automotive, military, industrial & safety, fashion accessories, e-textile, sport goods, marine, medical, and others. In terms of both revenue and volume, the automotive segment constituted a significant share of the global market in 2018. It is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period.
- Among materials, the man-made segment is estimated to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period. The polyester sub-segment held a major share of the man-made segment in 2018. Polyester webbings are consumed in large quantities in various end-use industries due to their durability and strength. Hence, polyester is anticipated to remain a highly attractive product segment of the global webbing market during the forecast period.
Key Regional Highlights
- In terms of region, the global webbing market has been classified into Europe, North America, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and Latin America. Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2018. This trend is estimated to continue during the forecast period also. The region is projected to create lucrative opportunities for the webbing market in the near future.
- Increase in the demand for webbing products from various end-use industries in Asia Pacific is boosting the demand for webbing in the region. China is likely to lead the webbing market in Asia Pacific, followed by India, during the forecast period.
Webbing Market: Competition Landscape
- The global webbing market is fragmented. A large number of small- and medium-scale local suppliers of webbing operate in the market. Key players operating in the global webbing market are
- Bally Ribbon Mills
- Murdock Webbing Company, Inc.
- Southern Weaving, LLC
- American Cord & Webbing Co., Inc
- Sturges Manufacturing Company
- Universal Webbing Products Co., Ltd
- National Webbing Products Co. (NWP)
- Webbing Products Pty Ltd.
- Tennessee Webbing Products,
- American Webbing and Fittings, Inc.
- Leedon Webbing Co., Inc.
- Inka Oy
- Oppermann Webbing (Kunshan) Co. Ltd.
- E. Oppermann GmbH,
Webbing Market: Scope of Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the global webbing market provides readers with an assessment of the landscape of the global market with the help of a comprehensive outlook. This study on the global webbing market analyzes the market for the period from 2019 to 2027, wherein 2018 is the base year. This report enables readers to make important decisions regarding their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the global webbing market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides understanding of drivers, restrains, opportunities, and market trends.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and the impact of various factors that are driving the global webbing market, along with their influence on growth of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis, value chain analysis, and upcoming applications analysis of the global webbing market in order to elaborate on crucial growth strategies of and opportunities for players operating in the global market.
Key Questions Answered in Webbing Market Report
- How much revenue is the global webbing market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the global webbing market?
- What are factors expected to drive the global webbing market during the forecast period?
- Which region is likely to be a highly lucrative market for webbing during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders of the global webbing market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the global webbing market?
This report answers these questions about the global webbing market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
Webbing Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global webbing market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global webbing market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the global webbing market arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the global webbing market by using both bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global webbing market, along with an overview of the market, is provided on the basis of a careful examination of growth opportunities. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global webbing market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Webbing Market: Segmentation
This report on the global webbing market segments the market based on material, product, end use, and region.