Wearable Neurorehabilitation Devices Market: Introduction
- Traditional neurorehabilitation has been witnessing progressive change for the last few. Conventional neurorehabilitation procedures might have limited efficacy for most patients suffering from common neurological diseases including stroke, Parkinson's disease, spinal cord injury, severe brain injury. Advancements in technology have led to the development of new technologies to enhance the effectiveness of rehabilitation strategies in these conditions.
- Neurorehabilitation wearables devices are one such development that primarily works toward enhancing the nervous system and subsequently, reducing disability and increasing ease of daily functioning of individuals. These devices assist patients suffering from neurological disorders. These devices also help researchers and medical professionals in accurately tracking the movement of the patient. Neurorehabilitation wearables devices offer numerous benefits such as small dimensions, lightweight, ease of use, and user-friendliness. All these benefits make these devices ideal for being employed in the clinical context.
Key Drivers, Restrains, and Opportunities of Global Wearable Neurorehabilitation Devices Market
- Surge in the incidence of various neurological diseases such as stroke, Parkinson’s disease, cerebral palsy, and brain & spinal cord injury, has augmented the patient pool undergoing interventional procedures followed by rehabilitation therapies on a global level. This has resulted in a rise in the demand for wearable neurorehabilitation devices.
- In the U.S, stroke is a leading cause of long-term disability. According to statistics reported by American Heart Association, more than 795,000 people in the U.S have a stroke nearly every year. Among these, about 610,000 are the first or new strokes. Rise in incidence of stroke across the globe has led to a surge in the demand for advanced rehabilitation technologies, such as wearable neurorehabilitation devices, in all stages of treatment.
- Companies are focusing on the development and innovation of wristbands products having the potential of rehabilitating patients who have suffered from a stroke, as wearable technologies are gaining prominence in day-to-day life applications. This factor is likely to boost the demand for wearable neurorehabilitation devices during the forecast period. However, lack of awareness and stringent regulatory policies are expected to hamper the market during the forecast period.
- Neurorehabilitation centers have been suspended for to patients undergoing treatment due to the outbreak of the novel coronavirus pandemic. Consequently, neurorehabilitation services have also been paused. Moreover, rehabilitation centers are restricted to individuals suffering from severe post-acute disabilities.
North America to Capture Major Share of Global Wearable Neurorehabilitation Devices Market
- North America is expected to account for a major share of the global wearable neurorehabilitation devices market due to the high prevalence of neurological ailments and a surge in the geriatric population. Moreover, well- established healthcare infrastructure in North America is estimated to further boost the wearable neurorehabilitation devices market in the region.
- The wearable neurorehabilitation devices market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to an increase in awareness among the public along with continuous improvement in healthcare infrastructure in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Wearable Neurorehabilitation Devices Market
The global wearable neurorehabilitation devices market is less fragmented with the presence of a few international as well as regional companies.
Major players operating in the global wearable neurorehabilitation devices market are listed below:
- Cadence Biomedical
- Flint Rehab
- Ekso Bionics
- Myomo, Inc
- ReWalk Robotics
Global Wearable Neurorehabilitation Devices Market: Research Scope
Global Wearable Neurorehabilitation Devices Market, by Application
- Parkinson’s Disease
- Cerebral Palsy
- Brain & Spinal Cord Injury
Global Wearable Neurorehabilitation Devices Market, by End-user
- Rehabilitation center
Global Wearable Neurorehabilitation Devices Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!