Vitamin D Testing Market
Vitamin D Testing Market (Test: 25-Hydroxy D Vitamin and 1,25-Dihydroxy D Vitamin; Technique: Radioimmunoassay, ELISA, HPLC, LC-MS, and Others; Patient: Adult and Pediatric; Indication: Osteoporosis, Rickets, Thyroid Disorders, Malabsorption, Vitamin D Deficiency, and Others; End User: Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories, Home Care, Point-of-care, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Growing Adoption of 25-Hydroxy D Vitamin Test as a Less-invasive Option
Vitamin D deficiency is a common problem faced by many people all around the world, particularly older adults. Since vitamin D plays an important role in the development and calcification of the bones, a lot of individuals are seeking easy and safer ways of testing their vitamin D levels.
Stakeholders in the vitamin D testing landscape are evaluating the use of HPLC (High Performance Liquid Chromatography) to assess the analytical performance of the 25-hydroxy D vitamin test in human serum. This has been validated with the help of the electrochemiluminescence (ECL) method. Results showed that, HPLC assay indicates exceptional linearity with admissible accuracy to measure vitamin D using the ECL method. Also, the relatively short analysis time makes it a lucrative alternative for stakeholders in the vitamin D testing landscape, to facilitate healthcare providers with a preferred technique in routine diagnostic laboratory practices.
25-hydroxy vitamin d measurement also serves as a less-invasive test in the vitamin D testing landscape. A recent study conducted by Trinity College, Dublin, and St. James Hospital, suggested the feasibility of the 25-hydroxy vitamin d test to measure the levels of vitamin D using only hair samples. Ongoing research & development in the vitamin D testing landscape warrant further validation of the 25-hydroxy vitamin d test to yield valuable information related to vitamin D physiology.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Vitamin D Testing Market
ELISA Technique Serves as Lucrative Alternative for Early Detection of VDD
Since the Enzyme Linked Immunosorbent Assay (ELISA) technique accounts for one of the largest market shares of ~ 28% in the vitamin D testing landscape, stakeholders are collaborating with research professionals to identify the association of serum 25-hydroxy vitamin D with leptin and visceral fat in type 2 diabetes patients suffering from osteoporosis. These research studies are being validated using the ELISA and ECL methods. As a result, the data establishes a strong association and reflected decreased 25-hydroxy vitamin D levels and increased leptin fat in type 2 diabetes patients suffering from osteoporosis.
Likewise, vitamin D deficiency (VDD) is a common health issue in women during the early stage of pregnancy. As such, various clinical trials using ELISA have been carried out to measure the concentrations of 25-hydroxy vitamin D. It has been proven that, women usually suffer from vitamin D deficiency during early pregnancy. Thus, stakeholders in the vitamin D testing landscape need to innovate and develop preventive techniques and ways of early detection of VDD during early pregnancy.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Need to Harmonize Human Serum Treatment in Tandem with Vitamin D Antibodies
The accurate and precise measurement of 25-hydroxy vitamin D is one of the primary challenges that is associated with healthcare providers in the vitamin D testing landscape. As such, healthcare providers face limitations as vitamin D analytes are tightly bound to their serum transporter.
For example, liquid chromatography in relation to the mass spectrometry (LC-MS) technique offers an excellent level of accuracy and sensitivity in the vitamin D testing landscape. However, not all LC-MS results are deemed as equal by healthcare providers in hospitals and diagnostic laboratories. Likewise, radioimmunoassays (RIA) offer high specificity of 25-hydroxy vitamin D concentrations. Though, the reliability of the RIA technique is dependent on the quality of monoclonal antibody that is introduced during the test. Thus, harmonization of human serum treatment methods and narrowing the scope of vitamin D antibodies are critical steps that stakeholders and healthcare providers need to take in order to bring vitamin D testing methods to a universal agreement.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Analysts of the vitamin D testing landscape have a positive outlook for market growth during the forecast period of 2019-2027. The vitamin D testing market is estimated to rise at a CAGR of ~6%. North America and Europe dominate the global market share in the vitamin D testing landscape, whereas, Asia Pacific has high growth potential in the coming years. One of the latest techniques in the vitamin D testing landscape is chemiluminescence immunoassays (CLIA). However, stakeholders and healthcare providers need to innovate on the interference problem that occurs in the LC-MS technique. Stakeholders must also address the cross-reaction limitation seen in vitamin D assays.
Vitamin D Deficiency and Testing
Vitamin D can be defined as a steroid vitamin, which is engaged in promoting metabolism and intestinal absorption of phosphorus and calcium. Vitamin D is produced in the skin, and is obtained through a diet. Under normal conditions of sun exposure, additional vitamin D supplements are not necessary. In order to determine if the vitamin D level in the serum plasma sample of an individual is low, vitamin D testing is performed, which measures the vitamin D levels in the body, accurately.
Significant Partnerships to Contribute to Market Growth
- The global vitamin D testing market was valued at ~US$ 519 Mn in 2018, and is projected to reach ~US$ 877 Mn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~6% from 2019 to 2027.
- Significant distribution partnerships among market players for the distribution of their vitamin D test kits, globally, fuel the growth of the vitamin D testing market. For instance, NanoSpeed Diagnostics entered into an exclusive distribution partnership with Unilab Laboratories in 2015 for the distribution of Test4D, a 25-OH vitamin D deficiency test kit, in the Philippines. This enabled NanoSpeed to expand its presence in countries in Asia.
- In 2016, Sekisui Diagnostics and Qualigen entered into a strategic partnership for the distribution of the FastPack IP System, which includes vitamin D, testosterone, TSH, free T4, PSA, and hCG.
Vitamin D Deficiency Epidemic
- Vitamin D deficiency is an ignored epidemic that is highly prevalent, globally. However, no international organization or governmental body has declared a health emergency about the need of maintaining the required vitamin D levels in the blood. It is estimated that over 1 billion people around the world have vitamin D deficiency or insufficiency. Vitamin D deficiency primarily affects pregnant women, infants, neonates, children, and the elderly.
- Vitamin D deficiency is known to be common in Northern Europe, especially in women with pigmented skin. The deficiency is reported to be three times more common in the winter months as compared to other months in the U.K.
- Rise in the prevalence of vitamin D deficiency and the surging focus on its importance contribute to the increase in screening for vitamin D serum levels, which, in turn, boosts the growth of the global vitamin D testing market.
North America to Capture Leading Market Share
- The report offers detailed segmentation of the global vitamin D testing market based on test, technique, patient type, indication, end-user, and region. In terms of test type, the global vitamin D testing market has been classified into 25-hydroxy D vitamin and 1,25-dihydroxy D vitamin.
- Based on technique, the global vitamin D testing market has been categorized into radioimmunoassay, ELISA, HPLC, LC-MS, and others. In terms of patient type, the global vitamin D testing market has been bifurcated into adult and pediatric.
- Based on indication, the global vitamin D testing market has been split into osteoporosis, rickets, thyroid disorders, malabsorption, vitamin D deficiency, and others. In terms of end-user, the global vitamin D testing market has been divided into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, home care, point-of-care, and others.
- Geographically, the global vitamin D testing market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The market in North America is projected to capture a leading share of the global vitamin D testing market during the period of forecast.
Key Companies in the Vitamin D Testing Market
The report provides profiles of the leading players operating in the global diagnostic imaging services market. These include
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Abbott Laboratories
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- DiaSys Diagnostic Systems GmbH
- Siemens AG, Quest Diagnostics, and Danaher Corporation.
Vitamin D Testing Market – Scope of the Report
[257 Pages Report] Transparency Market Research’s latest study on the vitamin D testing market analyzes the growth of the market for the forecast period of 2019-2027. This report studies and evaluates the global market landscape, and provides a detailed outlook on the evolution of the vitamin D testing market, enabling readers to make important decisions in tandem to their businesses, based on the wealth of information in the report. The vitamin D testing market study considers 2018 as the base year, with everything before that as historical data and everything after as forecast.
The report provides data and insights on the vitamin D testing market, and also tracks the developments made by market players, along with a competitive landscape analysis of the same. The report also provides information on the drivers, indicators, restraints, opportunities, and threats to stakeholders in the vitamin D testing market landscape. Presented with a clear approach, this report on the vitamin D testing market gives readers an in-depth understanding of the market.
The report starts with an executive summary of the vitamin D testing market, followed by a complete analysis on tests, techniques, patients, indications, end users, and regions, along with insights on how the market is set to grow.
The study also discusses the major trends and impact of various factors on the vitamin D testing market, along with their influence on the growth of the market. The study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, regulatory landscape, value chain analysis, and a SWOT analysis of the vitamin D testing market.
Key Questions Answered on the Vitamin D Testing Market
- Which region is likely to be the most lucrative in the vitamin D testing market?
- What are the drivers and restraints of the vitamin D testing market?
- What are the opportunities that will present themselves to players in the radioimmunoassay technique in the vitamin D testing landscape?
- How will the vitamin D testing market evolve during the forecast period?
- Which test is likely to contribute to the maximum share of the vitamin D testing market?
- What are the essential strategies incorporated by key stakeholders in the vitamin D testing market?
Vitamin D Testing Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the vitamin D testing market is based on a complete and exhaustive analysis of the market, backed by both, primary and secondary sources. The competitive framework of the vitamin D testing market is supported by a judgment of various elements that influence the market on a granular level. By thoroughly evaluating the historical data and current trends of the vitamin D testing market, analysts have arrived at estimated figures to calculate the projections for the market.
This report on the vitamin D testing market uses a data triangulation method, with a bottom-up approach to calculate important market numbers, and a top- down approach to validate them. Detailed evaluation of the vitamin D testing market is based on careful investigation of all the lucrative avenues, opportunities, and paths related to this market. Analysts’ conclusions on the growth and evolution of the vitamin D testing market are based on carefully-verified primary and secondary sources.
Vitamin D Testing Market: Segmentation
This report on the vitamin D testing market provides information on the basis of test, technique, patient, indication, end user, and region.
25-Hydroxy D Vitamin
1,25-Dihydroxy D Vitamin
Vitamin D Deficiency
Point of Care