Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty Market
Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty Market (Product - Vertebroplasty (Needles, Cement Mixing and Delivery Devices), Kyphoplasty (Needles, Balloons, Cement Mixing and Delivery Devices); End use - Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgery Centers) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
The vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market may experience an upward trend in the forecast period of 2018-2026 because of the increasing preference for minimally invasive surgeries as well as technological advancements in the healthcare sector. In vertebroplasty, bone cement is injected in the vertebra to give support to the specific broken bone. Kyphoplasty is a modified version of vertebroplasty in which a balloon tamp is inflated in the vertebral area for compressing the cancellers bone and form a cavity.
According to studies, a chance of developing back pain in individuals is as high as 80 percent due to various reasons. Changing lifestyle is the main reason for back pains. Sitting without back support and working on computers for a prolonged period accounts for back problems. Thus, with the growing prevalence of back conditions, the vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market may experience a good growth rate across the forecast period. The COVID-19 outbreak may hardly impact the growth rate of the vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market as healthcare facilities are open during the lockdown period.
- Rising cases of vertebral fractures in the young population due to high-velocity injuries while exercising or performing other activities are leaving a positive impact on the growth of the vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market.
- Advancements in image-guided surgical procedures are benefiting the vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market to a great extent. Innovations and development of new technologies based on the research activities carried out by manufacturers in the vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market are proving to be growth generators for the vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market. Frequent mergers and acquisitions may bring a positive impact on the growth rate of the vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market.
- Geographically, North America is estimated to carry its dominant streak of growth across the forecast period owing to the increased adoption of technologically advanced products and high prevalence of orthopedic disorders.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, rise in geriatric population, increase in health care infrastructure globally, and increase in patient compliance due to technical advancements are some factors driving the market.
- According to the report, the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market was valued at US$ 1.0 Bn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2019 to 2027.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty Market
Surge in adoption of technologically advanced products: A Key Driver
- Large number of global manufacturers who have technical expertise and core competencies are undertaking constant efforts to develop and manufacture novel vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty products to attract more customers. Improved biomaterial based implants offering high strength and no leaks of cement during fixing in spine fracture are witnessing an exponential rise in demand in developed as well as developing countries. Affordability, ease of utility, and novelty are the key factors focused upon by product developers in this field to cater to the increasing demand for affordable care among the rapidly growing population affected by spine fracture.
- Technological advancements in the fields of vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty have brought about significant changes in health care treatments of different vertebral compression fractures. Technological advancements and improvements in vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty equipment have boosted the demand for the kyphoplasty procedure and vertebroplasty in developed as well as emerging economies, especially in the field of surgery. Rise in preference of minimally invasive surgeries is boosting the demand for vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty procedures.
- Developments in the medical devices industry have enabled the reconstruction of different equipment such as Crosstrees Medical, Inc.’s PVA Pod System, a novel bone cement delivery technology that does not require an implanted device in the spine. Since June 2018, Medtronic’s Khphon bone cement has been available with a new indication for the use of sacral vertebral fracture. Increase in new applications of existing devices and development of new devices are driving the utilization of vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty equipment in the health care industry. These equipment are used to perform different surgeries of spine. This is propelling the vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
High cost of treatment to Hamper Global Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty Market
- The cost of spinal surgeries is significantly high and might not include insurance coverage in certain cases. This leads to an increase in burden on the patient and family, making it unaffordable for people in the low income group. For instance, the cost of lumbar fusion spine surgery in the U.S. is over US$ 45,000 which does not include the cost of imaging, diagnostics, medications, hospital care, and rehabilitation services, among others.
- In certain cases where the surgery is not covered by health insurance, cost of spinal fusion used for the treatment of slipped vertebra, fractured vertebra, or other spinal instability ranges from US$ 80,000 to US$ 150,000, where high-end titanium implants are used.
- An article published by Washington Post October 2013, stated that the number of spinal fusion surgeries have increased by 600% to 700% since 2000, and the cost of surgery has tripled due to high cost of the hardware being implanted
- High cost of surgeries is likely to hamper the growth of the vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market during the forecast period.
North America to Account for Major Share of Global Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty Market
- North America leads the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market commanding more than 40% share in the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market. Recent advances in vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty products, reimbursement, and improved access to treatment are the major drivers of the vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market in North America. U.S. is expected to hold major share in the North America vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market during the forecast period, owing to developed health care infrastructure in the region and large patient population along with increasing technological development.
- The vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand at a relatively high growth rate during the forecast period, owing to an increase in focus on the development of health care infrastructure by the public as well as private hospitals, along with an increase in demand for affordable care from a significant base of the patient population. According to the Japan Osteoporosis Society 2015, around 12.8 million people in Japan have osteoporosis, and the incidence of vertebral compression fracture (OVCF) has been steadily increasing with a rise in the number of patients with osteoporosis.
Global Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- Key players operating in the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market include Medtronic, DePuy Synthes (Johnson & Johnson), Alphatec Spine, Inc., Stryker Corporation, Globus Medical, Inc., Merit Medical Systems, Inc., SPINUS (BMK Global Medical Company), IZI Medial Products, Zavation, and RONTIS.
- Several major manufacturers are collaborating, partnering, acquiring emerging market entrants having novel products. This amalgamation of technical expertise of key players and novel product techniques or materials of new players has ensured launch of new products with improved functionalities in the next few years.
- In March 2017, Stryker received FDA clearance for its AVAflex balloon system to treat vertebral compression fractures. The company bought this technology from BD. The system mixes, transfers, and primes bone cement for delivery in less then 60 seconds through a single incision.
- These advanced products that offer advantages such as reduced post-operative complications are rapidly gaining momentum in terms of demand among end-users. This is likely to drive the market during the forecast period.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Global Vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty Market: Key Developments
Players in the vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market are focused on investing in research and development to develop newer devices with enhanced technology which would enable surgeons to perform the process with ease and enhance the healing process for patients. This would help the companies to strengthen their market positions.
- In June 2018, Medtronic received the FDA approval to use its Kyphon HV-R bone cement in the sacral vertebral body using sacral vertebroplasty or sacroplasty. This will enable the company to strengthen its leadership position in the kyphoplasty device market..
The report on the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market discusses individual strategies followed by company profiles of manufacturers of vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty treatment products. The competitive landscape section has been included in the vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market share analysis of key players operating in the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market.
TMR’s report on the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period 2019–2027. The report provides the revenue of the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Moreover, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing players in the vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market as well as for entities interested in entering the global market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market. Key players operating in the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in antibodies on the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for providers of vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty treatment products?
- Which factors will hamper the growth of the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market and arrive at conclusions on the growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred by analysts during the production of the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market as primary sources.
These primary and secondary sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from leaders in the vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and two bottom-up approaches to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global vertebroplasty and kyphoplasty market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Global Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty Market – Segmentation
Ambulatory Surgery Centers
Middle East & Africa