Vehicle Occupancy Detection Systems Meet Minimum Accuracy Criteria
High occupancy vehicle/high occupancy tolling (HOV/HOT) lanes are used based on voluntary HOV declaration by drivers. However, many violators take advantage of HOV lanes to skip heavy traffic present on express lanes, even when they don’t meet the minimum occupancy requirements. To tackle this issue, manufacturers in the vehicle occupancy detection system market are adopting techniques of artificial vision and deep learning to leverage the accuracy of these systems.
Governments across countries are manifesting minimum accuracy criteria to regulate HOV lanes. To meet these criteria, manufacturers in the vehicle occupancy detection system market are developing intelligent tolling solution systems. For instance, in February 2019, Indra Sistemas - a Spanish information technology systems company, announced that its DAVAO system achieved the highest overall system accuracy in a test organized by the MTC (Metropolitan Transportation Commission) of the San Francisco Bay Area.
As such, manufacturers in the vehicle occupancy detection system market are aligning production capabilities with new sustainable mobility policies. They are developing non-intrusive and highly reliable systems that allow the automatic real-time detection of vehicle type, along with data on the front and rear occupants.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Vehicle Occupancy Detection System Market
Infrared Technology Offers a Plethora of Advantages to Users
Infrared technology is creating profitable opportunities for manufacturers in the vehicle occupancy detection system landscape. This is evident, as the revenue from infrared technology in the vehicle occupancy detection system market is estimated to reach ~US$ 35 million by 2027.
With the inrush of non-intrusive technologies, manufacturers are developing vehicle occupancy detection systems equipped with active infrared detectors, video data collection, and aerial photography. These technologies are giving rise to more emanant fields such as signal processing. Such developments facilitate users with supplemental information such as queue detection at traffic signals. Further developments in the vehicle occupancy detection system market are bending towards innovation related to weatherproof electronic units.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
The introduction of infrared cameras in the vehicle occupancy detection system market has opened up new opportunities to offer users with a high range of monitoring capabilities in any lighting condition. These cameras also ensure road safety, as they trace changes in face temperature to detect drowsiness while driving in HOV lanes, and even measure the heart rate of the driver.
Non-intrusive Technologies Support HOV Infrastructure
In order to ensure road safety and track traffic violators, transportation commissions are investing in high-end system components. However, certain limitations in the system are likely to negatively influence market growth.
For instance, infrared sensors help view the approaching and departing traffic, even from a side-looking configuration. Real-time signal processing helps users analyze the received signals of the operating traffic. However, the accuracy of speed information is poor with low resolution sensors. This creates a hindrance for vehicle length determination.
Infrared technology is accountable for the highest revenue in the vehicle occupancy detection system market. However, the sensors of active infrared (AIR) lasers are adversely affected by extreme weather conditions. To overcome these challenges, manufacturers are increasing their production capabilities of advanced non-intrusive technologies as compared to intrusive technologies.
As economies grow in the coming years, the transportation commissions of high growth regions such as North America and Asia Pacific are anticipated to increasingly invest in state-of-the-art vehicle detection systems to strengthen their HOV infrastructure.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Vehicle Occupancy Detection System Market
Analyst’s View on Vehicle Occupancy Detection System Market
Users in the vehicle occupancy detection system market are increasingly adopting intelligent transportation systems to reduce traffic congestion. This trend has been triggered by the use of artificial intelligence (AI) for automated vehicle occupancy and violation detection systems. Manufacturers are helping transportation authorities improve roadside parking space occupancy through magnetic sensors in systems, leveraged with wireless signal strength. However, manufacturers face technological limitations in specialized circumstances. As such, they are innovating new non-intrusive technologies that overcome technological limitations. Manufacturers should focus on developing systems that generate accurate reports of HOV lane usage to help policy makers pave the way towards decongestion.
Vehicle Occupancy Detection System Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global vehicle occupancy detection system market for the historical period of 2017–2018 and the forecast period of 2019–2027, increase in investments in the construction of HOV (high occupancy vehicle) lanes is expected to boost the global vehicle occupancy detection system market during the forecast period.
- In terms of revenue, the global vehicle occupancy detection system market is estimated to reach value of ~US$ 41 Mn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~12% throughout the forecast period.
Implementation of New Models of Advanced Mobility: Key Driver
- Countries across the globe are spending increasingly on the construction of HOV lanes in order to tackle the issue of rising traffic congestion. This is expected to reduce the issue of increasing traffic and improve the mobility of both, current and future roadway networks.
- The construction of HOV lanes would help reduce overall traffic congestion, as people are planning to shift toward high occupancy vehicles in order to save time and travel quickly on high-occupancy-vehicle lanes. Moreover, this would encourage ride sharing, use of public transport, and transit use. This, in turn, is expected reduce the overall average peak-period per person-delay in the near future.
- Thus, the growing number of HOV lanes is likely to augment the demand for vehicle detection systems to be used for the detection of the number of occupants and vehicle classification in the next few years.
Focus on Research & Development of Technologically-advanced Systems to Boost Market
- In recent years, the demand for more accurate and automated vehicle occupancy detection systems with high tolerance to low visibility conditions has increased.
- Leading manufacturers are focusing on the development of vehicle occupancy detection systems with technologically-advanced features and functions in order to respond to changing consumer needs.
- In addition to this, the shift toward digitization and integration of artificial vision and AI (artificial intelligence) with vehicle occupancy detection systems to attain more advanced features is expected to play a key role in increasing the overall efficiency and capabilities of vehicle occupancy detection systems in the next few years.
- These factors are expected to promote the growth of the global vehicle occupancy detection system market during the forecast period.
Video-based Detection Method Presents Challenges for Vehicle Occupancy Detection System Market
- A vehicle occupancy detection system relies on the video-based detection method. The video-based detection method faces several difficulties in distinguishing between subjects and objects, seated or placed over the seat, due to various factors such as variation in the poses of occupants and variation in imaging geometry.
- In addition to this, weather conditions such as snow, fog, and atmospheric distortion reduce the overall accuracy of vehicle occupancy detection systems.
- All these factors are anticipated to hamper the global vehicle occupancy detection system market during the forecast period.
Global Vehicle Occupancy Detection System Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of the providers of vehicle occupancy detection systems have been mentioned in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies.
- Key players operating in the global vehicle occupancy detection system market are Siemens AG, Indra Sistemas, S.A., NEC Corporation of America, TransCore, LP, Fortran Traffic Systems Limited, Vehicle Occupancy Detection Corporation, Invision AI, Inc., and Conduent Inc.
Global Vehicle Occupancy Detection System Market: Key Developments
Key providers of vehicle occupancy detection systems focus on new product development and technological advancements. Some of the key developments in the global vehicle occupancy detection system market are as follows:
- In February 2019, Indra Sistemas, S.A. conducted the test of a high-occupancy vehicle detection system on an HOV lane in San Francisco, California (the U.S.). This system uses artificial vision and deep learning to achieve the maximum overall system accuracy rate of 88%.
- In October 2016, Xerox Inc. announced to have signed a strategic partnership agreement with Caltrans in order to supply vehicle occupancy detection systems for use to detect violators and uphold the integrity of HOV/HOT lanes.
- In August 2016, the Shenzhen city in South China implemented an HOV lane on the Binhai Road, a freeway connecting the city's Futian and Nanshan districts.
In the report on the global vehicle occupancy detection system market, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of the providers of vehicle occupancy detection systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and market share analysis of key players operating in the global vehicle occupancy detection system market.
Vehicle Occupancy Detection System Market: Scope of the Study
A new study on the global vehicle occupancy detection system market has been published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents a wealth of information on key market dynamics, including the market drivers, trends, and challenges, as well as the structure of the global vehicle occupancy detection system market. TMR’s study offers valuable information about the global vehicle occupancy detection system market in order to illustrate how growth would discern during the forecast period.
Key indicators of market growth, which include market value chain, as well as supply chain analysis and compounded annual growth rate (CAGR), are elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global vehicle occupancy detection system market.
An extensive analysis of leading market players’ business strategies is also featured in TMR’s study on the global vehicle occupancy detection system market. This can help readers understand the principal factors responsible for the growth of the global vehicle occupancy detection system market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on the qualitative and quantitative growth avenues of the global vehicle occupancy detection system market, which would guide market players in making apt business decisions.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Vehicle Occupancy Detection System Market Study
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth of the global vehicle occupancy detection system market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of the changing trend in technologies on the global vehicle occupancy detection system market?
- Would North America continue to remain the most profitable regional market for providers of vehicle occupancy detection systems in the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global vehicle occupancy detection system market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global vehicle occupancy detection system market?
A unique research methodology is utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global vehicle occupancy detection system market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the report on the global vehicle occupancy detection system market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global vehicle occupancy detection system market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global vehicle occupancy detection system market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global vehicle occupancy detection system market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment, and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global vehicle occupancy detection system market more reliable and accurate.
Segmentation of Global Vehicle Occupancy Detection System Market
TMR’s study of the global vehicle occupancy detection system market includes segmentation based on installation, technology, and geography. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these segments of the global vehicle occupancy detection system market have been discussed in detail.
Rest of World