Vascular Access Devices Market
Vascular Access Devices Market (Product Type - Peripheral Catheters (PIV and Midline), Central Catheters (PICC, CVC, Dialysis, and Implantable Ports), and Accessories; Application - Medication Administration, Administration of Fluid & Nutrition, Transfusion of Blood Products, and Diagnostic Testing; Route of Insertion - Subcutaneous and Intravenous; End-users - Hospitals, Clinics, Ambulatory Surgery Centers, and Diagnostic Centers) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest report on the global vascular access devices market for the historical period 2017–2018 and forecast period 2019–2027, Increase in number of lifestyle diseases, Increase in incidences of target diseases, and technological innovations are projected to drive the global vascular access devices market during the forecast period
- According to the report, the global vascular access devices market was valued at US$ 6,077.2 Mn in 2018 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 5.8% from 2019 to 2027
Increase in number of Lifestyle Diseases: Key Drivers
- Unhealthy lifestyle and diet, lack of exercise are some of the factors responsible for increasing incidences of lifestyle diseases such as diabetes, blood pressure and obesity.
- According to International Diabetes Federation (IDF), in 2014, around 338 Mn people were diagnosed with diabetes, and according to WHO, in 2014, around 1.9 Bn adult population, was obese or overweight.
- Thus, increasing incidences of lifestyle diseases propels the need for hospitalization, thereby, driving the demand for vascular access devices market.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Vascular Access Devices Market
Increase in Incidences of Target diseases to Boost Market Growth
- Cancer is one of the leading cause for rising demand of vascular access devices globally. In 2014, U.S. alone had an estimated 1.6 million new cancer cases.
- According to WHO, in 2013, there were an estimated 14.8 Mn. new cancer cases worldwide.
- Rising number of cancer cases increases the demand for central venous catheters, and new totally implantable ports, for administration of chemotherapy medications.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Catheter Associated Risks to Hamper Market Growth
- Peripheral catheters, despite their wide use, can lead to local and systemic complications, which are rarely severe and can be observed early by objective assessment. These complications include hematoma, occlusion, phlebitis, thrombophlebitis, infiltration, leakage and local infection.
- Superficial thrombophlebitis due to peripheral catheters is generally self-limited once the catheter is removed.
- Thrombosis involving the deep veins (i.e., subclavian, axillary, brachial) can lead to pulmonary embolism (PE) and long-term sequelae in spite of adequate therapy. Pulmonary embolism from upper extremity sources accounts for about 6 percent of cases. PE causes or contributes to up to 200,000 deaths annually in the United States.
- NCBI statistics, use of non-tunnelled catheters, are most associated with CRBSI’s, with prevalence at around 22.5%
- Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infections (CAUTI) have high prevalence among other infections, associated with catheter usage.
Global Vascular Access Devices Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles major players in the global vascular access devices market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global vascular access devices market is fragmented, with the large number of players operating in the global market.
- Key players operating in the global vascular access devices market includes
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Baxter International
- Dickinson and Company
- Cook Medical
- Medtronic plc
- W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.
- Teleflex, Inc.
- Siemens Healthineers
- Nipro Medical Corporation
- Fresenius Medical Care.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Vascular Access Devices Market
Global Vascular Access Devices Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global vascular access devices market are engaged in development of technologically advanced products, launch of new products, and acquisition & collaborative agreements with other companies. These strategies are likely to fuel the growth of the global vascular access devices market. A few expansion strategies adopted by players operating in the global vascular access devices market are:
- In September 2016, Fresenius Medical Care acquired dialysis service provider Sandor Nephro Services in India.
- In June 2016 Fresenius Medical Care Opens First Community-based Vascular Access Service in Singapore for patients with chronic kidney disease.
- In January 2016 C.R. Bard acquired Liberator Medical Holdings Inc., a direct-to-consumer distributor of durable medical equipment, especially for self-catheterization.
- In November 2015 B. Braun Launched Ster-ASSIST, Sterile Peripheral IV Catheter Insertion Kit.
- In July 2015 C.R. Bard acquired vascular pathways, Inc., a developer and supplier of vascular access devices.
The report on the global vascular access devices market discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of developer and provider of vascular access devices. The competitive landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global vascular access devices market.
Global Vascular Access Devices Market - Scope of Report
TMR’s report on the global vascular access devices market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides revenue of the global vascular access devices market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global vascular access devices market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global vascular access devices market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global vascular access devices market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global vascular access devices market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global vascular access devices market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global vascular access devices market. Key players operating in the global vascular access devices market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global vascular access devices market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Global Vascular Access Devices Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of product companies in the global vascular access devices market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global vascular access devices market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global vascular access devices market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for vascular access devices providers?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the growth of the global vascular access devices market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global vascular access devices market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the growth of the global vascular access devices market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary methods referred to by analysts during the production of the global vascular access devices market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the vascular access devices market as primary methods.
These primary and secondary methods have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the vascular access device market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global vascular access devices market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenues for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global vascular access devices market more reliably and accurately.
Regional Segmentation of Vascular Access Devices Market
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Global Vascular Access Devices Market - Segmentation
Route of Administration