Vaginitis Diagnostics Market: Introduction
- Vaginitis is a condition in which vagina is inflamed resulting into itching, discharge and pain. In some women, decrease in estrogen levels after menopause and skin conditions could cause vaginitis. Major types of vaginitis conditions are bacterial vaginosis, yeast infections, and trichomoniasis. Symptoms of vaginitis condition include vaginal itching, pain in urination, pain experienced during intercourse, and light vaginal bleeding or spotting. Most common reason behind vaginitis is due to imbalance in the bacteria found in the vagina. Bacterial vaginosis is the most common type and can lead to the complicated diseases such as sex transmitted diseases (STD), post-operative infections, HIV, and urinary tract infections.
- Diagnosis of vaginitis in early stage is estimated to further prevent the complications and worsening the condition. Vaginitis is most common in the women in its reproductive years affecting the age group from 15 to 44 years. Various treatments are available for the vaginitis condition including antibiotics and topical treatments such as gel or cream. Diagnosis of vaginitis infection includes Amsel criteria (vaginal ph should be greater than 4.5), milky discharge, whiff tests, and presence of clue cells in vaginal fluid. Rapid point-of-care tests considered to accurately diagnose the vaginitis disease.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market
- Increase in incidence of vaginitis diseases, growing sexually transmitted diseases across the globe, and awareness about the vaginitis infection are major drivers of the global vaginitis diagnostics market. Faster adoption of clinical, OTC testing for accurate diagnosis of vaginitis are likely to drive the global market. Furthermore, vulvovaginitis is the most common cause of vaginal infection across the globe, and as per statistics, bacterial vulvovaginitis affects around 30% women across the U.S. These statistics are estimated to drive the need for proper diagnosis of vaginitis infection. Also, as per research performed by the CDC, in 2017, vaginal candidiasis (yeast infection) was the second most prevalent infection worldwide. Moreover, availability of the gynecological care for the proper diagnosis of vaginitis infection, changing lifestyle, improper hygiene, lack of attention for menstrual hygiene, and tight clothing are estimated to drive the vaginitis diagnostics market. Technological advancements, approval of innovative diagnostics test are likely to boost the vaginitis diagnostics market.
- For instance, in May 2019, Hologic, Inc. announced FDA approval for its Aptima BV and Aptima CV/TV assays as an accurate method for diagnosis of vaginitis. As per research, 90% of the vaginitis infections are caused by the bacterial vaginosis (BV), Candida vaginitis, or by Trichomonas vaginalis in women. Furthermore, vaginitis infections is often left untreated, as women self-diagnose their abnormal vaginal discharge, itching, or irritation. This increases the risk of developing chronic vaginitis infection. If vaginitis is treated with the traditional methods, 50% of vaginitis infections are likely to occur again, this drives the need for better and accurate diagnostics tools for vaginitis infections. Less awareness about vaginitis diagnostic tools is likely to restrain the growth of the vaginitis diagnostics market. Also, in developing countries, ignorance and less awareness about the infections is estimated to restrain the vaginitis diagnostics market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Lead Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market
- In terms of region, the global vaginitis diagnostics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global vaginitis diagnostics market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in burden of vaginitis incidence across the region, technological advancements, presence of key players in the region offering diagnostic tests/tools, and approval of innovative diagnostics tools,. Bacterial vaginosis is the most common infection prevalent in the U.S. As per research, in 2019, 21 million women in age group of 14 to 49 years were affected by the bacterial vaginosis. Furthermore, growing prevalence of co-infections such as Candida species in patients with bacterial vaginosis estimated to boost the vaginitis diagnostics market in the region. Moreover, developed healthcare infrastructure and presence of proper diagnostic laboratories in the region is expected to propel the vaginitis diagnostics market in the region.
- Europe is the second largest market for vaginitis diagnostics, followed by Asia Pacific region. Rise in prevalence of vaginitis infections, availability of treatment, public based healthcare systems, and accessibility of advanced diagnostic tools are expected to augment the market in the region. Asia Pacific is estimated to boost at a rapid pace during forecast period, owing to rising burden of vaginitis incidence across the region. As per NCBI, in Asia Pacific, bacterial vaginosis is identified as most common disease in the women of reproductive age and also is prevailing in a range of 23% to 39% in East Asia and South Asia Pacific region. Surge in development of healthcare infrastructure, self-awareness about the vaginitis infection, and presence of key players are boosting the vaginitis diagnostics market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market
The global vaginitis diagnostics market is fragmented, with presence of a large number of small and large players. Major players operating in the global vaginitis diagnostics market are:
- Sekisui Diagnostics
- Creative Diagnostics
- Common Sense Ltd.
- BD (Becton Dickinson)
- Quidel Corporation
- Hologic, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Savyon Diagnostics
Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market: Research Scope
Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market, by Disease Type
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Yeast Infections
Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market, by Testing Type
- Point-of-Care Tests
- Amsel Criteria
- Whiff Test
- OSOM Trichomonas Rapid Test
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Reference Laboratory Testing
- Patient-performed Tests
- Rapid Tests
Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market, by Distribution Channel
- Diagnostics Laboratories
Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.