Vaginitis Diagnostics Market: Introduction
- Vaginitis is a condition in which vagina is inflamed resulting into itching, discharge and pain. In some women, decrease in estrogen levels after menopause and skin conditions could cause vaginitis. Major types of vaginitis conditions are bacterial vaginosis, yeast infections, and trichomoniasis. Symptoms of vaginitis condition include vaginal itching, pain in urination, pain experienced during intercourse, and light vaginal bleeding or spotting. Most common reason behind vaginitis is due to imbalance in the bacteria found in the vagina. Bacterial vaginosis is the most common type and can lead to the complicated diseases such as sex transmitted diseases (STD), post-operative infections, HIV, and urinary tract infections.
- Diagnosis of vaginitis in early stage is estimated to further prevent the complications and worsening the condition. Vaginitis is most common in the women in its reproductive years affecting the age group from 15 to 44 years. Various treatments are available for the vaginitis condition including antibiotics and topical treatments such as gel or cream. Diagnosis of vaginitis infection includes Amsel criteria (vaginal ph should be greater than 4.5), milky discharge, whiff tests, and presence of clue cells in vaginal fluid. Rapid point-of-care tests considered to accurately diagnose the vaginitis disease.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market
- Increase in incidence of vaginitis diseases, growing sexually transmitted diseases across the globe, and awareness about the vaginitis infection are major drivers of the global vaginitis diagnostics market. Faster adoption of clinical, OTC testing for accurate diagnosis of vaginitis are likely to drive the global market. Furthermore, vulvovaginitis is the most common cause of vaginal infection across the globe, and as per statistics, bacterial vulvovaginitis affects around 30% women across the U.S. These statistics are estimated to drive the need for proper diagnosis of vaginitis infection. Also, as per research performed by the CDC, in 2017, vaginal candidiasis (yeast infection) was the second most prevalent infection worldwide. Moreover, availability of the gynecological care for the proper diagnosis of vaginitis infection, changing lifestyle, improper hygiene, lack of attention for menstrual hygiene, and tight clothing are estimated to drive the vaginitis diagnostics market. Technological advancements, approval of innovative diagnostics test are likely to boost the vaginitis diagnostics market.
- For instance, in May 2019, Hologic, Inc. announced FDA approval for its Aptima BV and Aptima CV/TV assays as an accurate method for diagnosis of vaginitis. As per research, 90% of the vaginitis infections are caused by the bacterial vaginosis (BV), Candida vaginitis, or by Trichomonas vaginalis in women. Furthermore, vaginitis infections is often left untreated, as women self-diagnose their abnormal vaginal discharge, itching, or irritation. This increases the risk of developing chronic vaginitis infection. If vaginitis is treated with the traditional methods, 50% of vaginitis infections are likely to occur again, this drives the need for better and accurate diagnostics tools for vaginitis infections. Less awareness about vaginitis diagnostic tools is likely to restrain the growth of the vaginitis diagnostics market. Also, in developing countries, ignorance and less awareness about the infections is estimated to restrain the vaginitis diagnostics market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America to Lead Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market
- In terms of region, the global vaginitis diagnostics market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global vaginitis diagnostics market during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in burden of vaginitis incidence across the region, technological advancements, presence of key players in the region offering diagnostic tests/tools, and approval of innovative diagnostics tools,. Bacterial vaginosis is the most common infection prevalent in the U.S. As per research, in 2019, 21 million women in age group of 14 to 49 years were affected by the bacterial vaginosis. Furthermore, growing prevalence of co-infections such as Candida species in patients with bacterial vaginosis estimated to boost the vaginitis diagnostics market in the region. Moreover, developed healthcare infrastructure and presence of proper diagnostic laboratories in the region is expected to propel the vaginitis diagnostics market in the region.
- Europe is the second largest market for vaginitis diagnostics, followed by Asia Pacific region. Rise in prevalence of vaginitis infections, availability of treatment, public based healthcare systems, and accessibility of advanced diagnostic tools are expected to augment the market in the region. Asia Pacific is estimated to boost at a rapid pace during forecast period, owing to rising burden of vaginitis incidence across the region. As per NCBI, in Asia Pacific, bacterial vaginosis is identified as most common disease in the women of reproductive age and also is prevailing in a range of 23% to 39% in East Asia and South Asia Pacific region. Surge in development of healthcare infrastructure, self-awareness about the vaginitis infection, and presence of key players are boosting the vaginitis diagnostics market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market
The global vaginitis diagnostics market is fragmented, with presence of a large number of small and large players. Major players operating in the global vaginitis diagnostics market are:
- Sekisui Diagnostics
- Creative Diagnostics
- Common Sense Ltd.
- BD (Becton Dickinson)
- Quidel Corporation
- Hologic, Inc.
- Quest Diagnostics
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Savyon Diagnostics
Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market: Research Scope
Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market, by Disease Type
- Bacterial Vaginosis
- Yeast Infections
Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market, by Testing Type
- Point-of-Care Tests
- Amsel Criteria
- Whiff Test
- OSOM Trichomonas Rapid Test
- Polymerase Chain Reaction
- Reference Laboratory Testing
- Patient-performed Tests
- Rapid Tests
Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market, by Distribution Channel
- Diagnostics Laboratories
Global Vaginitis Diagnostics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.