Urine-based HIV Self-testing Kits: Introduction
- The convenience of at-home HIV self-testing is proving to be an advantage for companies operating in the HIV self-test kits market, as these kits help overcome the barriers that individuals face while undertaking tests at conventional healthcare settings
- Popularity of HIV self-test kits is increasing, owing to growing awareness about these kits on social media and innovations in technology-based solutions
- Introduction of mHealth (Mobile Health) and availability of various distribution modes are offering significant opportunities for companies operating in the HIV self-test kits market
Key Drivers of Global Urine-based HIV Self-testing Kits Market
- Increased prevalence of HIV infection, growing awareness among people, rising treatment demand, and availability of new treatments are key drivers boosting the HIV self-testing kits market
- Urine-based HIV self-testing kits are gaining prominence among young adults. Social initiatives targeted to boost the adoption of oral HIV self-test kits boost the market. For instance, the Ministry of Health, Kampala launched a novel device, OraQuick HIV self-test, developed by OraSure Technologies-a Pennsylvania-based medical device company, to support the government’s initiative to reduce HIV/AIDS infections by the end of 2020.
Lateral Flow Immunoassay Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of technology, the global Urine-based HIV self-testing kits market can be divided into immunofiltration, lateral flow immunoassay, and fluorescent chromatography
- The lateral flow immunoassay segment accounted for a prominent share of the market in 2019 owing to point-of-care (POC) nature of the technology, wide range of applications, and the speed and relatively minimal cost as compared to that of other technologies.
Hospitals to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, the global urine-based HIV self-testing kits market can be categorized into hospitals, clinics, laboratories, and others
- The hospitals segment is likely to account for a major share of the global urine-based HIV self-testing kits market by 2030 due to the significantly high number of tests that are performed in hospitals
Asia Pacific to Offer Significant Opportunities in Urine-based HIV Self-testing Kits Market
- In terms of region, the global urine-based HIV self-testing kits market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- High prevalence of HIV in Asia Pacific has fueled the adoption of HIV self-test kits. According to analysts of Transparency Market Research, the urine-based HIV self-test kits market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand considerably during the forecast period.
- New testing technologies in urine specimen types have revolutionized the HIV response in local communities. Innovative testing approaches are anticipated to further propel the HIV self-test kits market in Asia Pacific, since individuals refrain from taking tests with traditional health service providers.
- However, existing services are not adequately reaching these populations, which poses as a barrier for healthcare companies. Hence, companies are creating awareness through developmental workshops in Asia Pacific to boost the uptake of urine-based HIV self-test kits.
Key Players Operating in Global Urine-based HIV Self-testing Kits Market
The global urine-based HIV self-testing kits market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global urine-based HIV self-testing kits market are:
- OraSure Technologies, Inc.
- Chembio Diagnostic Systems
- Atomo Diagnostics
- BioSure UK
- Biosynex Group
- bioLytical Laboratories Inc
- Orange Life
- Sedia Biosciences Corporation
Global Urine-based HIV Self-testing Kits Market: Research Scope
Global Urine-based HIV Self-testing Kits Market, by Technology
- Lateral Flow Immunoassay
- Fluorescent Chromatography
Global Urine-based HIV Self-testing Kits Market, by End-user
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.