Urine-based HIV Self-testing Kits: Introduction
- The convenience of at-home HIV self-testing is proving to be an advantage for companies operating in the HIV self-test kits market, as these kits help overcome the barriers that individuals face while undertaking tests at conventional healthcare settings
- Popularity of HIV self-test kits is increasing, owing to growing awareness about these kits on social media and innovations in technology-based solutions
- Introduction of mHealth (Mobile Health) and availability of various distribution modes are offering significant opportunities for companies operating in the HIV self-test kits market
Key Drivers of Global Urine-based HIV Self-testing Kits Market
- Increased prevalence of HIV infection, growing awareness among people, rising treatment demand, and availability of new treatments are key drivers boosting the HIV self-testing kits market
- Urine-based HIV self-testing kits are gaining prominence among young adults. Social initiatives targeted to boost the adoption of oral HIV self-test kits boost the market. For instance, the Ministry of Health, Kampala launched a novel device, OraQuick HIV self-test, developed by OraSure Technologies-a Pennsylvania-based medical device company, to support the government’s initiative to reduce HIV/AIDS infections by the end of 2020.
Lateral Flow Immunoassay Segment to Dominate Global Market
- In terms of technology, the global Urine-based HIV self-testing kits market can be divided into immunofiltration, lateral flow immunoassay, and fluorescent chromatography
- The lateral flow immunoassay segment accounted for a prominent share of the market in 2019 owing to point-of-care (POC) nature of the technology, wide range of applications, and the speed and relatively minimal cost as compared to that of other technologies.
Hospitals to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, the global urine-based HIV self-testing kits market can be categorized into hospitals, clinics, laboratories, and others
- The hospitals segment is likely to account for a major share of the global urine-based HIV self-testing kits market by 2030 due to the significantly high number of tests that are performed in hospitals
Asia Pacific to Offer Significant Opportunities in Urine-based HIV Self-testing Kits Market
- In terms of region, the global urine-based HIV self-testing kits market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- High prevalence of HIV in Asia Pacific has fueled the adoption of HIV self-test kits. According to analysts of Transparency Market Research, the urine-based HIV self-test kits market in Asia Pacific is projected to expand considerably during the forecast period.
- New testing technologies in urine specimen types have revolutionized the HIV response in local communities. Innovative testing approaches are anticipated to further propel the HIV self-test kits market in Asia Pacific, since individuals refrain from taking tests with traditional health service providers.
- However, existing services are not adequately reaching these populations, which poses as a barrier for healthcare companies. Hence, companies are creating awareness through developmental workshops in Asia Pacific to boost the uptake of urine-based HIV self-test kits.
Key Players Operating in Global Urine-based HIV Self-testing Kits Market
The global urine-based HIV self-testing kits market is semi-consolidated, with the presence of international and local players. Key players operating in the global urine-based HIV self-testing kits market are:
- OraSure Technologies, Inc.
- Chembio Diagnostic Systems
- Atomo Diagnostics
- BioSure UK
- Biosynex Group
- bioLytical Laboratories Inc
- Orange Life
- Sedia Biosciences Corporation
Global Urine-based HIV Self-testing Kits Market: Research Scope
Global Urine-based HIV Self-testing Kits Market, by Technology
- Lateral Flow Immunoassay
- Fluorescent Chromatography
Global Urine-based HIV Self-testing Kits Market, by End-user
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.