HIV Self-test Kits Market
HIV Self-test Kits Market (Technology: Immunofiltration, Lateral Flow Immunoassay, and Fluorescent Chromatography; Specimen Type: Blood, Oral Fluid, and Urine; and Test Generation: Second Generation and Third Generation) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Strategically Distributed HIV Self-test Kits Bolster HIV Screening Rate
At-home convenience of HIV self-testing is serving as an advantage for companies in the HIV self-test kits market in order to overcome the barriers that individuals face in testing performed at conventional healthcare settings. HIV self-test kits are acquiring popularity, owing to its growing awareness on social media and innovations in technology-based solutions. The introduction of mHealth (Mobile Health) and availability of various distribution modes are creating incremental opportunities for companies in the HIV self-test kits market.
HIV self-test kits are gaining prominence in the U.S. This is justified since North America dominates the market for HIV self-test kits and this market in the region is projected for exponential growth during the forecast period. Thus, healthcare companies are increasing efforts to reach at-risk individuals. A study published in the Journal of the American Medical Association suggested that strategically distributed HIV self-test kits have the potential to bolster HIV screening rates and encourage individuals to seek out treatment.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on HIV Self-test Kits Market
Governments and Medical Device Companies Collaborate to Fuel Adoption of HIV Self-test Kits
Oral HIV self-test kits are gaining prominence among young adults. Social initiatives targeted to boost the uptake of oral HIV self-test kits act as a driver contributing to market growth. For instance, the Ministry of Health, Kampala launched a novel device OraQuick® HIV self-test, developed by OraSure Technologies-a Pennsylvania-based medical device company, to support the government’s initiative to reduce HIV/AIDS infections by the end of 2020. As such, oral liquid specimen type segment of the HIV self-test kits market is anticipated for exponential growth. The global HIV self-test kits market is expected to expand at a staggering CAGR of ~17 during the forecast period.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
As far as testing is concerned, companies in the HIV self-test kits market and governments have collaborated to encourage the adoption of HIV self-test kits in empowering citizens, especially men. Moreover, other at-risk individuals such as sex workers are also being targeted to take up HIV testing. Healthcare companies are increasing research to assess the prevalence of HIV among children who are at the risk of contracting the infection.
Companies Introduce New Testing Approaches in Oral and Urine Specimen Types
HIV testing programs are being designed to make people aware of their status who might be at the risk of contracting HIV. These programs are being strategically targeted by companies in the HIV self-test kits market at individuals in under-developed economies, such as Africa and developing countries of Asia Pacific. As such, there has been success in testing pregnant women. Hence, manufacturers are making HIV self-test kits easily available to pregnant women.
New testing technologies in oral fluid and urine specimen types have revolutionized the HIV response in local communities. Innovative testing approaches are anticipated to catalyze growth of the HIV self-test kits market, since individuals refrain from taking tests with traditional health service providers.
Healthcare Initiatives Boost Uptake of HIV Self-test Kits in Asia Pacific
HIV self-testing (HIVST) and pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) are highly publicized tools that are transforming the HIV self-test kits market. High prevalence of HIV in Asia Pacific region has triggered the uptake of HIV self-test kits. As such, according to analysts of Transparency Market Research, the HIV self-test kits market in Asia Pacific is projected for aggressive growth during the forecast period and the global HIV self-test kits market is estimated to reach a revenue of ~US$ 471 Mn by the end of 2027. However, existing services are not adequately reaching these populations, which poses as a barrier for healthcare companies. Hence, companies are creating awareness through developmental workshops in Asia Pacific to boost the uptake of HIV self-test kits.
Developmental workshops that impart knowledge about the best practices and innovations in HIVST and PrEP act as key drivers for the market. For instance, the United Nations co-sponsored the Workshop on Building Capacity for Roll-out of PrEP and HIV Testing Innovations program, which was supported by the Population Services International (PSI) in Thailand.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Internet-distributed HIV self-tests encourage individuals to seek treatment and recommend their peers to gain awareness on their status. This is evident since HIV self-tests are being integrated with mHealth to cater to the convenience of users. Manufacturers are focusing on increasing awareness about easy-to-use oral HIV self-tests kits to target young adults.
Moreover, government initiatives are helping in increased uptake of HIV self-tests kits. However, challenges in HIVST scale-up with regard to cost, registration, and availability of test kits are likely to slow down market growth. Hence, governments are collaborating with medical device companies to increase awareness about testing devices and increase efforts in PrEP implementation projects.
HIV Self-test Kits Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current scenario and future prospects of the global HIV self-test kits market. Rise in prevalence of HIV infection across the globe and rise in adoption rate of HIV self-tests are the key factors projected to drive the global HIV self-test kits market during the forecast period.
- The report provides an elaborate executive summary, including a snapshot of various segments of the HIV self-test kits market. It also provides elaborate information and data analysis of the global HIV self-test kits market with regards to segments based on technology, specimen type, test generation, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers and restraints, and opportunities that impact the global HIV self-test kits market
- Additionally, the report includes company profiles, which provide information about their business, product portfolios, and competitive landscape in the HIV self-test kits market
- The report on the global HIV self-test kits market offers market attractiveness analysis of the regions and segments
- The last section of the report comprises quantitative and qualitative analysis of the key competitive strategies adopted by the major industry players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competitive scenario in the global HIV self-test kits market
HIV Self-test Kits Market: Key Segments
- In terms of technology, the global HIV self-test kits market has been classified into immunofiltration, lateral flow immunoassay, and fluorescent chromatography. The lateral flow immunoassay segment held major share of the global HIV self-test kits market in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period.
- Based on specimen type, the global HIV self-test kits market has been segmented into blood, oral fluid, and urine. The blood segment accounted for majority of the market share in 2018.
- Based on test generation, the global HIV self-test kits market has been segmented into second generation and third generation. The second generation segment accounted for majority of the market share in 2018.
- The market value and forecast for each of these segments have been provided from 2017 to 2027. The CAGRs of respective segments have also been provided from 2019 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year.
HIV Self-test Kits Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global HIV self-test kits market has been segmented into North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (the U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia & New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region considered in the market has been divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The HIV self-test kits market report provides value and forecast for each region and country/sub-region from 2017 to 2027. The compound annual growth rates (CAGRs) for each of these regions and countries have also been provided for the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The HIV self-test kits market study also covers the competitive scenario in these regions.
Companies Mentioned in Report
- Key players in the global HIV self-test kits market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major companies profiled in the global HIV self-test kits market report include
- OraSure Technologies, Inc.
- Chembio Diagnostic Systems
- Atomo Diagnostics
- BioSure UK
- Biosynex Group
- bioLytical Laboratories Inc
- Orange Life
- Sedia Biosciences Corporation
HIV Self-test Kits Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global HIV self-test kits market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall revenue of the global HIV self-test kits market for the period 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global HIV self-test kits market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein, analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global HIV self-test kits market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of the top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global HIV self-test kits market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global HIV self-test kits market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global HIV self-test kits market. The next section of the global HIV self-test kits report highlights the USPs, which include key industry developments in the global HIV self-test kits market, pipeline analysis, and pricing analysis of HIV self-test kits.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global HIV self-test kits market. Key players operating in the global HIV self-test kits market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global HIV self-test kits market report.
Key Questions Answered in HIV Self-test Kits Market Report
- What are the major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the market?
- What are the revenue share projections of key segments of the global HIV self-test kits market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the HIV self-test kits market in terms of revenue by 2027?
- How alliances & partnerships among players are widening the scope for HIV self-test kits market?
- What is the market position of different companies operating in the global HIV self-test kits market?
HIV Self-test Kits Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global HIV self-test kits market begins with an overview of the said market, followed by the scope, and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study and health care compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global HIV self-test kits market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global HIV self-test kits market, which includes TMR analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the growth of the global HIV self-test kits market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y trends in the HIV self-test kits market. The next section of the global HIV Self-Test Kits report highlights the USPs, which include pipeline analysis, epidemiological overview, and key industry developments in the global market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global HIV self-test kits market in terms of technology, specimen type, test generation, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share for each of them at the end of 2027 has been also provided. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the HIV self-test kits market.
HIV Self-test Kits Market – Segmentation
Lateral Flow Immunoassay
Middle East & Africa