Urinary Leg Bags Market: Introduction
- Urologic diseases are chronic conditions of the prostate gland, kidneys, urinary tract, and bladder. Urinary leg bags are disposable medical devices that are most commonly utilized for the management of various urological disorders and ailments such as urinary incontinence, bladder weakness and for urine drainage of critically ill patients, post-surgical management.
- For patients with urinary incontinence or other urological conditions, wherein Foley’s catheters are used to drain urine from the urinary bladder or urinary tract, urinary bags are used as storage devices. Urinary leg bags are attached to the patient’s leg, which provides comfort to the patient and enables easy movement.
Get a Glimpse of the In-depth Analysis through our Urinary Leg Bags Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Urinary Leg Bags Market
- The geriatric population is expected to increase the patient pool, worldwide, with various urinary disorders and diseases, which in turn is projected to drive the urinary leg bags market during the forecast period. Based on United Nations Report 2017, the number of geriatric population, aged 60 years and above, is expected to rise two-fold by 2050. The number is projected to reach 2.1 billion, an increase from 962 million recorded in 2017. Furthermore, the geriatric patient pool in developing regions, such as Latin America, Asia, and Africa, is expected to rise rapidly. For instance, the number of geriatric people in developing regions is estimated to increase by 154% between 2017 and 2050, exceeding 1.6 billion by 2050.
- Increase in number of surgical procedures, owing to a rise in the prevalence of urologic diseases across the globe, is expected to drive the demand for urinary leg bags in the near future. Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH), also called prostate gland enlargement, is a highly common prostate condition affecting men of age 50 years and above. It causes bladder neck obstruction, which leads to urinary retention. According to The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), more than 250,000 surgical procedures for Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) are performed every year in the U.S., leading to 2 million office visits. This is likely to propel the demand for urinary leg bags in the next few years.
- Hospital-acquired or healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) are major concerns for health care professionals and institutions across the world. One in every ten patients hospitalized is affected by healthcare-associated infections, globally. For instance, healthcare associated infections (HAIs) leads to around 100,000 deaths per year in the U.S., making them the fourth-leading cause of death after heart disease, cancer, and stroke. Urinary leg bags-associated urinary tract infections result in increased morbidity, mortality, hospital cost, and length of stay, which in turn is further expected to restrain the market in the near future.
Latex Urine Leg Bag to be Highly Attractive Material Segment
- The latex segment is projected to account for a major share of the market by 2027. The segment is anticipated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period.
- Latex is a highly common material utilized for urinary leg bags, as it is inexpensive and possess high flexibility. However, pure latex urinary leg bags have increased allergy risk, rapid encrustations of mineral deposits, high surface friction, and irritation of urinary mucosa, leading to urinary tract infections.
Hospital Expansion Serves as Distinct Regional Growth Driver
- The hospital pharmacies segment is expected to hold a prominent share of the market by 2027. The hospital pharmacies segment is projected to exhibit a positive market attractiveness during the forecast period. Rise in geriatric patient pool and the number of surgeries leading to high demand for urine leg bags in hospitals is expected to drive the segment.
- For instance, it is estimated that approximately 25% of patients admitted to a hospital would require urological consumables at some point during their stay
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Urinary Leg Bags Market Report
North America to Lead Global Urinary Leg Bags Market
- In terms of region, the global urinary leg bags market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America is projected to be a highly attractive market for urinary leg bags. Increase in incidence of urinary diseases, use of high cost silicon products, and rise in urological surgeries are attributed to the high share held by North America in the global urinary leg bags market.
- For instance, according to The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), the overall incidence of urinary retention is 4.5 to 6.8 per 1,000 men, per year, in the U.S.
- According to The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), more than 250,000 surgical procedures for Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) are performed every year in the U.S., leading to 2 million office visits. This is likely to propel the demand for urinary leg bags in the next few years.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global urinary leg bags market is highly fragmented, in terms of number of players. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- C.R. Bard (Becton, Dickinson & Company)
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Coloplast Corp.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- McKesson Corporation
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Amsino International, Inc.
Global Urinary Leg Bags Market, Scope of Research
Global Urinary Leg Bags Market, by Material
Global Urinary Leg Bags Market, by Product
- Disposable Leg Bags
- Reusable Leg Bags
Global Urinary Leg Bags Market, by Application
- Post-Surgical Management
- Critically Ill Patients
Global Urinary Leg Bags Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Urinary Leg Bags Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.