Urinary Leg Bags Market: Introduction
- Urologic diseases are chronic conditions of the prostate gland, kidneys, urinary tract, and bladder. Urinary leg bags are disposable medical devices that are most commonly utilized for the management of various urological disorders and ailments such as urinary incontinence, bladder weakness and for urine drainage of critically ill patients, post-surgical management.
- For patients with urinary incontinence or other urological conditions, wherein Foley’s catheters are used to drain urine from the urinary bladder or urinary tract, urinary bags are used as storage devices. Urinary leg bags are attached to the patient’s leg, which provides comfort to the patient and enables easy movement.
Get a Glimpse of the In-depth Analysis through our Urinary Leg Bags Market Report Brochure
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Urinary Leg Bags Market
- The geriatric population is expected to increase the patient pool, worldwide, with various urinary disorders and diseases, which in turn is projected to drive the urinary leg bags market during the forecast period. Based on United Nations Report 2017, the number of geriatric population, aged 60 years and above, is expected to rise two-fold by 2050. The number is projected to reach 2.1 billion, an increase from 962 million recorded in 2017. Furthermore, the geriatric patient pool in developing regions, such as Latin America, Asia, and Africa, is expected to rise rapidly. For instance, the number of geriatric people in developing regions is estimated to increase by 154% between 2017 and 2050, exceeding 1.6 billion by 2050.
- Increase in number of surgical procedures, owing to a rise in the prevalence of urologic diseases across the globe, is expected to drive the demand for urinary leg bags in the near future. Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH), also called prostate gland enlargement, is a highly common prostate condition affecting men of age 50 years and above. It causes bladder neck obstruction, which leads to urinary retention. According to The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), more than 250,000 surgical procedures for Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) are performed every year in the U.S., leading to 2 million office visits. This is likely to propel the demand for urinary leg bags in the next few years.
- Hospital-acquired or healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) are major concerns for health care professionals and institutions across the world. One in every ten patients hospitalized is affected by healthcare-associated infections, globally. For instance, healthcare associated infections (HAIs) leads to around 100,000 deaths per year in the U.S., making them the fourth-leading cause of death after heart disease, cancer, and stroke. Urinary leg bags-associated urinary tract infections result in increased morbidity, mortality, hospital cost, and length of stay, which in turn is further expected to restrain the market in the near future.
Latex Urine Leg Bag to be Highly Attractive Material Segment
- The latex segment is projected to account for a major share of the market by 2027. The segment is anticipated to expand at a notable CAGR during the forecast period.
- Latex is a highly common material utilized for urinary leg bags, as it is inexpensive and possess high flexibility. However, pure latex urinary leg bags have increased allergy risk, rapid encrustations of mineral deposits, high surface friction, and irritation of urinary mucosa, leading to urinary tract infections.
Hospital Expansion Serves as Distinct Regional Growth Driver
- The hospital pharmacies segment is expected to hold a prominent share of the market by 2027. The hospital pharmacies segment is projected to exhibit a positive market attractiveness during the forecast period. Rise in geriatric patient pool and the number of surgeries leading to high demand for urine leg bags in hospitals is expected to drive the segment.
- For instance, it is estimated that approximately 25% of patients admitted to a hospital would require urological consumables at some point during their stay
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Urinary Leg Bags Market Report
North America to Lead Global Urinary Leg Bags Market
- In terms of region, the global urinary leg bags market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa.
- North America is projected to be a highly attractive market for urinary leg bags. Increase in incidence of urinary diseases, use of high cost silicon products, and rise in urological surgeries are attributed to the high share held by North America in the global urinary leg bags market.
- For instance, according to The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), the overall incidence of urinary retention is 4.5 to 6.8 per 1,000 men, per year, in the U.S.
- According to The American Academy of Family Physicians (AAFP), more than 250,000 surgical procedures for Benign Prostate Hyperplasia (BPH) are performed every year in the U.S., leading to 2 million office visits. This is likely to propel the demand for urinary leg bags in the next few years.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global urinary leg bags market is highly fragmented, in terms of number of players. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- C.R. Bard (Becton, Dickinson & Company)
- Teleflex Incorporated
- Coloplast Corp.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- McKesson Corporation
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
- Cardinal Health, Inc.
- Amsino International, Inc.
Global Urinary Leg Bags Market, Scope of Research
Global Urinary Leg Bags Market, by Material
Global Urinary Leg Bags Market, by Product
- Disposable Leg Bags
- Reusable Leg Bags
Global Urinary Leg Bags Market, by Application
- Post-Surgical Management
- Critically Ill Patients
Global Urinary Leg Bags Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospital Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global Urinary Leg Bags Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.