Ultrasound Gels Market
Ultrasound Gels Market (Type: Sterile and Non-sterile, Product: Ultrasound Gels, ECG Gels, Surgical Lubricant Gels & Catheter Gels, Obstetric Gels, and Soothing Gels; and End User: Hospitals, Clinics, Diagnostic Centers, and Ambulatory Surgical Centers) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Silicone Oil to Replace Conventional Catheter Lubricants
Lubrication is essential to prevent urethral trauma and pain for individuals who self-catheterize. In order to prevent pain associated with urinary catheterization, manufacturers in the ultrasound gels market are increasing the production of silicone oil. This oil is used as an innovative catheter lubricant. As such, the surgical lubricant gels & catheter gels product segment of the ultrasound gels market is expected to grow at a rapid rate during the forecast period.
Silicone oil is increasingly replacing well-known catheter lubricants, such as K-Y jelly and hydrophilic coating. Catheter-associated urinary tract infection (UTI) is a common complication during urinary catheterization. Since silicone oil has antimicrobial properties, companies in the ultrasound gels market are increasing awareness about the advantages of silicone oil. Nontoxicity attribute of silicone oil has helped manufacturers to boost its uptake in the ultrasound gels market. This trend is acquiring increased popularity in hospitals and diagnostic centers, as clinicians are using silicon oil medical equipment, owing to its safe and nontoxic properties.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Point-of-Care Ultrasound Gels Market
Portable ECG Devices Increase Demand for ECG Gels in Homecare Settings
Lack of handy diagnostic devices at clinics has catalyzed the demand for portable ECG monitors. This trend is gaining prominence even in homecare settings. For instance, founder and lead scientist of Anusandhan Technologies, developed a next-gen portable ECG monitor and analyzer, CardioMon, to increase the availability of handy diagnostic devices. Thus, healthcare providers in the market for ultrasound gels are recommending the use of ECG gels to improve contact with electrodes that are placed directly on the body.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Growing adoption of portable ECG devices is anticipated to boost the use of ECG gels. As such, the ECG gels product segment of the ultrasound gels market is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 171 Mn by the end of 2027. Hence, increase in usage of ECG devices with gels in homecare settings has created new revenue streams for manufacturers in the ultrasound gels market. Portable ECG devices are not only improving patient quality of life but are also preventing loss of life in urgent or emergency cases.
Does GIS Offers Better Analysis of Menorrhagia Causes than SIS?
Menorrhagia is the condition of heavy menstrual bleeding that lasts for more than seven days. Substantial prevalence of menorrhagia among women has given rise to transvaginal ultrasound paired with GIS (Gel Infusion Sonography) and SIS (Saline Infusion Sonography) to identify the causes of the deteriorating health condition. Thus, there is a demand for obstetric gels to assess results after the ultrasound procedure. Though obstetric gels do not sum up to a high revenue as compared to catheter or ECG gels in the ultrasound gels market, prevalence of menorrhagia has catalyzed the demand for obstetric gels.
The image quality of saline is found to be superior as compared to obstetric gels. However, obstetric gels are growing popular for their excellent distention properties as compared to saline in the ultrasound gels market. Thus, healthcare providers in the ultrasound gels market are recommending the combination of SIS and GIS to effectively identify and treat the causes of menorrhagia.
Companies Increase Availability of Gel Warmers and Water-based Formulations to Boost Uptake
The ultrasound gels market is largely fragmented with tier 3 players accounting for a share of ~60-70% of the market share. However, growing popularity of gel-free ultrasound procedures poses as a challenge for manufacturers in the ultrasound gels market. Hence, manufacturers are introducing gel warmers to healthcare providers who have budget-constraints, especially in developing economies. Since not all hospitals and diagnostic centers have the budget for gel-free ultrasound procedures, manufacturers are increasing the availability of gel warmers to cater to the convenience of end users.
On the other hand, manufacturers are innovating in water-based formulations to improve outcomes in patients. These novel formulations are being increasingly used as lubricants and ultrasound scanning gels. As such, the ultrasound gels product segment of the ultrasound gels market is projected for exponential growth during the forecast period. This segment is anticipated to reach a value of ~US$ 300 Mn by 2027. In order to boost the uptake of ultrasound gels, manufacturers are increasing awareness about gels manufactured using filtered water.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Since surgical lubricant gels & catheter gels product segment of the ultrasound gels market is projected for exponential growth during the forecast period, manufacturers are increasing production capabilities to develop biocompatible lubricants. These lubricants are being used in challenging medical applications, owing to their chemically inert and non-degradation attributes.
Gel warmers cater to the comfort of individuals during ultrasound procedures. However, high risks of acquiring skin infections pose as a challenge for healthcare providers, since bacteria grows faster at higher temperatures. Hence, manufacturers should introduce novel water-based formulations that are bacteriostatic and develop odorless hypoallergenic formulations that reduce bacterial infection and skin irritation in individuals.
Ultrasound Gels Market: Overview
- This report analyzes the current scenario of and future growth prospects for the ultrasound gels market. Increase in number of therapeutic ultrasound procedures, high prevalence of chronic diseases, rise in healthcare expenditure, and surge in adoption of therapeutic ultrasound, which needs medical grade gels to treat musculoskeletal injuries are key factors that are projected to drive the ultrasound gels market during the forecast period.
- The report provides an elaborate executive summary, which provides a snapshot of various segments of the ultrasound gels market. It also provides information and data analysis of the ultrasound gels market with respect to segments based on type, product, end user, and region.
- The overview section of the report provides a detailed qualitative analysis of drivers, restraints, and opportunities that impact the ultrasound gels market
- The report includes company profiles, which provide information about business strategies, product portfolios, and financials of players operating in the ultrasound gels market and competition landscape of the market
- The report on the ultrasound gels market offers attractiveness analysis of different segments of the market across regions
- The last section of the report comprises quantitative and qualitative analysis on market share/position of key players operating in the ultrasound gels market. It analyzes key competitive strategies adopted by major market players, thereby presenting a thorough understanding of the competition scenario in the ultrasound gels market.
Ultrasound Gels Market: Key Segments
- In terms of type, the ultrasound gels market has been segmented into sterile and non-sterile. The non-sterile segment accounted for a major market share in 2018.
- Increase in volume of diagnostic producers, rise in number of local market players manufacturing non-sterile gels for ultrasound examination, and wide range of products available in the market are likely to drive the sterile segment
- In terms of product, the ultrasound gels market has been segmented into ultrasound gels, ECG gels, surgical lubricant gels & catheter gels, soothing gels, and obstetric gels. The ultrasound gels segment accounted for a major market share in 2018.
- High adoption of ultrasound for diagnosis of various diseases and gynecological purposes, such as pregnancy and improved image quality due to high quality ultrasound gels are projected to support the growth of ultrasound gels segment during the forecast period
- The European Society of Radiology recommends usage of sterile ultrasound gels for endocavity procedures such as transvaginal and transrectal ultrasound exam
- Based on end user, the ultrasound gels market has been classified into hospitals, clinics, diagnostic centers, and ambulatory surgical centers. The diagnostic centers segment accounted for a major market share in 2018 and the segment is projected to continue its dominance in the near future. The growth of the diagnostic centers segment is likely to be supported by increase in availability of quality medical consumables and instruments and emphasis on maintaining quality of services offered to the patients.
- Market size and forecast for each of the segments of the ultrasound gels market have been provided for the period from 2017 to 2027. The CAGR of the respective segment in ultrasound gels market has also been provided for the period from 2019 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year.
Ultrasound Gels Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the ultrasound gels market has been divided into North America (U.S. and Canada), Europe (U.K., Germany, Spain, Italy, France, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, Australia &New Zealand, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Latin America (Brazil, Mexico, and Rest of Latin America), and Middle East & Africa (GCC Countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa). Each region of the global ultrasound gels market has been further divided into countries/sub-regions.
- The report provides size and forecast of the ultrasound gels market in each region and country/sub-region for the period from 2017 to 2027. The CAGR for the market in each of these regions and countries/sub-regions has also been provided for the period from 2019 to 2027. The study also covers the market competition scenario in these regions.
Companies Operating in Ultrasound Gels Market
- Key players in the ultrasound gels market have been profiled based on attributes such as company overview, product portfolio, financial overview, recent developments, and competitive business strategies
- Major companies profiled in the ultrasound gels market report are
- Parker Laboratories, Inc.
- HR Pharmaceuticals
- Ultragel Hungary 2000 Kft.
- ECO-MED PHARMACEUTICAL INC.
- National Therapy Products Inc.
- Phyto Performance Italia S.R.L
- Trivitron Healthcare
- CHHENNA CORPORATION
- Tentan AG (Schaer Pharma Services)
Ultrasound Gels Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global ultrasound gels market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights for the said market during the forecast period i.e. from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall market revenue of the ultrasound gels market for period from 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compounded annual growth rate (CAGR) for the ultrasound gels market for the same period.
The report has been prepared after extensive research. Primary research involves a bulk of research efforts, wherein, analysts have conducted interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the ultrasound gels market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources and statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the ultrasound gels market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth pattern of various market segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competition dynamics in the ultrasound gels market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as new players interested in entering the ultrasound gels market. The next section of the report highlights the USPs, which includes, innovations in the ultrasound gels market, heat map analysis, demand supply scenario, and pricing analysis.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the ultrasound gels market. Key players operating in the ultrasound gels market have been identified and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players operating in the ultrasound gels market profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Report on Ultrasound Gels Market
- What are the major driving factors, restraining factors, and opportunities for the ultrasound gels market?
- What would be the revenue share projection of key segments of the ultrasound gels market during the forecast period?
- Which segment is likely to lead the global ultrasound gels market, in terms of revenue, between 2019 and 2027?
- How mergers & acquisitions among players are widening the scope for the ultrasound gels market?
- What is the market position of different companies operating in the ultrasound gels market?
Ultrasound Gels Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the ultrasound gels market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of objectives of this study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the ultrasound gels market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the ultrasound gels market, which includes TMR’s analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends pertaining to the ultrasound gels market. Furthermore, in order to understand the Y-o-Y growth trend of the ultrasound gels market, Y-o-Y growth analysis with elaborated insights on the same has been provided. The next section of the ultrasound gels report highlights the USPs, which include innovations in ultrasound gels market, heat map analysis, demand supply scenario, and pricing analysis.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section further divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report segments the ultrasound gels market in terms of type, product, end user, and region. Key segments under each criterion have been studied at length and the market share for each segment by the end of 2027 has been provided herein. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the ultrasound gels market.
Ultrasound Gels Market – Segmentation
Surgical Lubricant Gels & Catheter Gels
Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Middle East & Africa