U.K. Hypochlorous Acid Market
U.K. Hypochlorous Acid Market (Application: Deodorizing, Oxidizing, Bleaching, Disinfecting, Sanitizing, and Others; and End Use: Water & Wastewater Treatment, Personal Care, Textile, Food & Agriculture, Cleaning & Sterilization, Laundry & Surface Cleaners, Swimming Pools, Pharmaceuticals, and Others) - Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Can Hypochlorous Acid be Effective in Killing Coronavirus Pathogens in Hospitals?
The onset of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic has caused increased pressure on the healthcare system to maintain proper sanitization and hygiene in facilities. Companies in the U.K. hypochlorous acid market are taking keen interest in developing efficacious disinfectant products to combat the novel virus in hospital settings. The U.K.-based specialist in water purification, sterilization, and disinfecting industries, Envirolyte ECA U.K. Ltd., is increasing its research efforts to induce hypochlorous acid in disinfection products that can be used in the prevention and protection against COVID-19.
In several countries, hypochlorous acid is known for improving the hygiene standards in healthcare, food processing, and water treatment applications. On the other hand, it has been reported that hypochlorous acid has helped COVID-19 patients breathe efficiently. Thus, companies in the U.K. hypochlorous acid market are increasing their production capabilities to aid COVID-19 patients for breathing efficiently as patients in the past have recovered from pneumonia with the help of the acid.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the U.K. Hypochlorous Acid Market
Demand for Hospital-grade Sanitizers Rise amidst COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has led to an unprecedented demand for hand sanitizers. Hence, companies in the U.K. hypochlorous acid market are focusing on producing sanitizers during the coronavirus era. For instance, Well-Tech Innovation company is gaining market recognition for its hypochlorous acid-induced hospital-grade sanitizer PROTech-500, which is EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and FDA (Food & Drug Association) approved. Manufacturers in the U.K. hypochlorous acid market are developing sanitization solutions that are more effective than common bleach.
Environment-friendly sanitizers are in high demand amidst the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D efforts to develop sanitizers that are safe around animals. Non-toxic and safe storage attributes of sanitizers are highly preferred by consumers. They are increasing awareness about hypochlorous acid being more cost efficient as compared to bleaching solutions.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Fast Wound Healing with Hypochlorous Acid Boosts Market Growth
Wound care treatment is a common day-to-day activity for clinicians in hospitals and other healthcare settings. Similarly, hypochlorous acid has become synonymous with wound management such as in cases of ulcerated wounds and even for patients with MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) infection. Fast wound healing is associated with hypochlorous acid for diabetic skin ulcers, since it prevents biofilm from infecting the wound. Such stable business avenues are creating value-grab opportunities for companies in the U.K. hypochlorous acid market, where the market is expected to reach a revenue of ~US$ 145 Mn by 2030.
Companies in the U.K. hypochlorous acid market are leveraging incremental opportunities to transform cleaning and housekeeping sectors of the water recycling and food processing & manufacturing industries.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on U.K. Hypochlorous Acid Market
Pathogen Destruction with Hypochlorous Acid Solutions Important in Dentistry and Agricultural Industries
Germicidal and sterile solutions are being made with the use of the hypochlorous acid to remove viral, fungal, and bacterial contamination from swimming pools. Hypochlorous acid is helpful in cleaning and sterilization applications of the pharmaceutical and agriculture industries. However, this acid is associated with problems of being unstable and having a short half-life of only certain hours, resulting in loss of their antimicrobial activity. Hence, companies in the U.K. hypochlorous acid market are investing in processes to conduct electrolysis of brine solutions to improve the efficacy of hypochlorous acid products.
Manufacturers in the U.K. hypochlorous acid market are establishing stable revenue streams by increasing their production for sterilizing solutions and bleaching agents that are routinely used in dentistry, veterinary medicine, and agriculture sectors. Pathogen destruction is important in dentistry since individuals are susceptible to cross-infection.
High Demand for Hypochlorous Acid in Hospitals to Sterilize and Disinfect Equipment
Fresh food production, crop management, and water treatment are crucial applications of hypochlorous acid. Hypochlorous acid is considered as nature’s oldest disinfectant and is acquiring prominence in surgical procedures and other interventions. Providing sterilized and disinfected equipment in hospitals holds a lot of importance to reduce incidences of common hospital-borne infections. As such, MRSA and clostridium bacteria are highly prevalent in healthcare environments.
Veterinary, medical, and agricultural applications are key revenue generating sources for companies in the U.K. hypochlorous acid market. Hypochlorous acid is gaining popularity as an effective antimicrobial agent, owing to its advantages of non-oral toxicity and non-mutagenic attributes. Companies in the U.K. hypochlorous acid market are creating awareness about this acid, which is comparatively more stable to oxidizing agents such as bromine, chlorine, and chlorine dioxide. This acid is also replacing sodium hypochlorite in housekeeping and disinfection applications amidst the COVID-19 pandemic due to its safe and superior disinfection capabilities.
Hypochlorous Acid Acquires Prominence in Dental Application for Inactivating Bacteria in Biofilms
Hypochlorous acid is transforming infection control practices in dentistry. As such, coronavirus is under scrutiny for being an airborne threat. Hence, disinfectant products are attracting investments from manufacturers in the U.K. hypochlorous acid market. Groundbreaking disinfection products are in high demand for dentistry applications, and hypochlorous acid qualifies as an efficacious and safe acid, which is replacing older technologies such as hypochlorite and hydrogen peroxide. Since hypochlorous acid has a neutral pH, it swiftly attacks the bacterial cell wall of pathogens, thus improving the kill speed in sanitization applications.
The disinfection power in pure hypochlorous acid solutions is higher as compared to bleaching solutions. Companies in the U.K. hypochlorous acid market are educating people to use this effective acid post the pandemic, owing to its safe and toxic-free attributes. As such, hypochlorous acid is being pervasively used for inactivating bacteria and to dissolve biofilms in intraoral dental applications.
Pathogen destruction has fueled the demand for hypochlorous acid products in domestic and healthcare spaces amidst the COVID-19 crisis. The U.K. hypochlorous acid market is projected to advance at a modest CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. This is evident since electrolysis of brine solutions to improve stability in hypochlorous acid is a cost-intensive procedure. Despite being a slow and expensive procedure, manufacturers should deploy innovations in hypochlorous acid, since this acid is comparatively more stable to oxidizing agents such as bromine, chlorine, and chlorine dioxide. Companies should expand their business in fresh food production and agricultural applications to prevent crops from airborne invaders.
U.K. Hypochlorous Acid Market: Overview
- Chlorine partially dissociates and forms hypochlorous acid (HOCl) and hypochlorite (ClO⁻). Hypochlorous acid and hypochlorite are powerful oxidant and disinfection agents. Hypochlorous acid is an unstable acid and exists in solution and salt forms. It is used as a bleaching agent and disinfectant. Hypochlorous acid has 80 times to 100 times more powerful bactericidal effect than hypochlorite ion (OCL-).
- Hypochlorous acid is less toxic to mammals than other conventional disinfectants. The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency has rated it at the lowest level (Category IV) on acute toxicity scale.
- Hypochlorous acid is a powerful and old disinfectant. It kills pathogens rapidly and non-toxically with an unrivalled kill rate.
- It possesses infection fighting compounds and helps reduce acne inflammation and scars by offering protecting against environmental aggressors such as dirt and pollution
- Hypochlorous acid is a major inorganic bactericidal compound of innate immunity. It is effective against a wide range of microorganisms. Hence, hypochlorous acid is utilized as basis in the formulation of disinfectants and sanitizers.
- Rise in demand for disinfectants and sanitizers, owing to the current COVID-19 pandemic, is anticipated to drive the global hypochlorous acid market during the forecast period
- Hypochlorous acid is employed in water treatment plants, as it has effective bactericidal, high microbicidal, and disinfectant properties that destroy any disease-causing bacteria, viruses, and parasites. It also helps maintain residual concentrations to guard against possible biological contamination in the water distribution system.
Rise in Demand for Sanitization Products and Disinfectants to Drive Hypochlorous Acid Market
- The hypochlorous acid market in the U.K. has been segmented based on application and end use. Based on application, the hypochlorous acid market in the U.K. has been divided into deodorizing, oxidizing, bleaching, disinfecting, sanitizing, and others. In terms of value, the oxidizing segment held a major share of the hypochlorous acid in 2019. However, the disinfecting segment is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace, as compared to other segments, during the forecast period.
- In terms of end use, the hypochlorous acid market in the U.K. has been segregated into water & wastewater treatment, personal care, textile, food & agriculture, cleaning & sterilization, laundry & surface cleaners, swimming pools, pharmaceuticals, and others. In terms of value and volume, the water & wastewater treatment segment held a significant share of the U.K. hypochlorous acid market in 2019.
- Expansion of the disinfectant industry in the U.K. is likely to drive the demand for hypochlorous acid. Rise in the number of water & wastewater treatment plants across the U.K., owing to an increase in demand for clean and safe water for domestic as well as industrial usage is boosting the demand for hypochlorous acid in water & wastewater treatment plants in the country.
Key Regional Highlights
- Increase in demand for potable water is fueling the demand for hypochlorous acid in the U.K., as it is a highly efficient disinfectant in the chlorine family
- Increase in awareness about the harmful effects of synthetic fertilizers and benefits of sustainable farming processes are driving the U.K. hypochlorous acid market
- Expansion of the food industry is also estimated to fuel the demand for hypochlorous acid, owing to an increase in usage of the acid in processing of water, ice, or brine that are used for washing, rinsing, or cooling of processed and pre-formed meat and poultry products
- Presence of major established manufacturers in the U.K., such as Aqualution Systems Ltd. and Briotech Inc., is boosting the demand for hypochlorous acid in the country
U.K. Hypochlorous Acid Market: Competition Landscape
- The U.K. hypochlorous acid market was dominated by major manufacturers of hypochlorous acid in 2019. Key players operating in the hypochlorous acid market in the U.K. include -
- Aqualution Systems Ltd.
- Briotech Inc.
- Ultrapure HOCL (Pty) Ltd
- iHr Produktions- und Vertriebs GmbH & Co. KG
- Renapur Ltd.
- Envirolyte Eca UK Ltd
- CleanCert Holdings Ltd.
U.K. Hypochlorous Acid Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the U.K. hypochlorous acid market provides readers with an assessment of the landscape of the market with the help of a comprehensive outlook. This study on the U.K. hypochlorous acid market analyzes the market for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year. The report enables readers to make important decisions regarding their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the U.K. hypochlorous acid market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides understanding of drivers, restraints, opportunities, and market trends.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and the impact of various factors that are driving the U.K. hypochlorous acid market, along with their influence on growth of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis and value chain analysis of the U.K. hypochlorous acid market in order to elaborate on crucial growth strategies of players operating in the country market.
Key Questions Answered in U.K. Hypochlorous Acid Market Report
- How much revenue is the U.K. hypochlorous acid market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- What are the factors anticipated to drive the U.K. hypochlorous acid market during the forecast period?
- Which application is likely to be highly lucrative for U.K. hypochlorous acid during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders of the U.K. hypochlorous acid market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the U.K. hypochlorous acid market?
This report answers these questions about the U.K. hypochlorous acid market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
U.K. Hypochlorous Acid Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the U.K. hypochlorous acid market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the U.K. hypochlorous acid market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the U.K. hypochlorous acid market arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the U.K. hypochlorous acid market by using bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the U.K. hypochlorous acid market, along with an overview of the market, is provided on the basis of a careful examination of growth opportunities. Analysts’ conclusions on how the U.K. hypochlorous acid market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
U.K. Hypochlorous Acid Market – Segmentation
This report on the U.K. Hypochlorous Acid market segments the market based on application and end use.