Trauma Implants Market: Introduction
- Physical injuries such as burns, fractures, dislocations, sprains, and strains caused by any external source (fire and accident) are termed as trauma
- Trauma implant is a medical device used for repairing a fracture or broken bones and surgical treatment of tumor disease of bones, specially related to leg, arm, shoulders, or skull. Trauma implant helps ease movement of joints and decrease the pain.
- Trauma implants include metal plate, screw, wires, and nails & rod. Nowadays, manufacturers focus on anatomy-specific devices such as plates for humerus, femur, clavicle, and other bones. These plates provide better attachment guidelines compared to low profile general application plates.
Key Drivers of Global Trauma Implants Market
- Increase in percentage of geriatric and obese populations is likely to propel the adoption rate of orthopedic devices such as trauma implant. According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Product estimates, the U.S. is likely to have about 72.1 million geriatric population by 2030, which is more than twice the number in 2000.
- Increase in incidence rate of injuries related to accidents, sports, and adventures is also a major factor for growth of the trauma implants market. A study carried out by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) revealed that around 25% of sports injuries were related to lower extremities such as ankle and foot.
- The National Electronic Injury Surveillance System in the U.S. indicated that every year over two million patients visit the U.S. emergency departments for head trauma related injuries
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Trauma Implants Market Report
Metal Plate & Screw Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on product type, the global trauma implants market can be segmented into metal plates & screw, pins/wires, nails & rods, and others
- The metal plates & screw segment accounted for the highest share of the trauma implants market as metal plates are easily available in the market at a low cost. Moreover, screw is inserted over the guidewire during articular fracture, which helps reduce the risk of misplacement and enhancing the accuracy.
Hospitals Segment to be Most Promising Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global trauma implants market can be divided into hospitals, orthopedic clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. The hospitals segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. Increase in number of orthopedic fracture surgeries in hospitals and rising health care infrastructure in hospitals are likely to increase the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
North America to Dominate Global Trauma Implants Market
- In terms of region, the global trauma implants market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global trauma implants market in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to increase in number of geriatric population, rise in incidence of osteoarthritis, presence of key market players in the region, greater affordability, strong government support for quality healthcare, and rise in demand for technologically advanced products.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to rise in number of road accident, increase in adoption of new products, increase in per capita income, and high unmet medical need in emerging countries such as India and China
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Trauma Implants Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global trauma implants market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- DePuy Synthes Companies (Johnson and Johnson)
- Smith & Nephew plc
- Stryker Corporation
- Wright Medical Group N.V.
- Aesculap, Inc. (B. Braun company)
- Acumed LLC
- Orthofix Medical Inc.
Trauma Implants Market: Research Scope
Global Trauma Implants Market, by Product Type
- Metal Plates & Screw
- Nails & Rods
Global Trauma Implants Market, by End-user
- Orthopedic Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.