Trauma Implants Market: Introduction
- Physical injuries such as burns, fractures, dislocations, sprains, and strains caused by any external source (fire and accident) are termed as trauma
- Trauma implant is a medical device used for repairing a fracture or broken bones and surgical treatment of tumor disease of bones, specially related to leg, arm, shoulders, or skull. Trauma implant helps ease movement of joints and decrease the pain.
- Trauma implants include metal plate, screw, wires, and nails & rod. Nowadays, manufacturers focus on anatomy-specific devices such as plates for humerus, femur, clavicle, and other bones. These plates provide better attachment guidelines compared to low profile general application plates.
Key Drivers of Global Trauma Implants Market
- Increase in percentage of geriatric and obese populations is likely to propel the adoption rate of orthopedic devices such as trauma implant. According to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Product estimates, the U.S. is likely to have about 72.1 million geriatric population by 2030, which is more than twice the number in 2000.
- Increase in incidence rate of injuries related to accidents, sports, and adventures is also a major factor for growth of the trauma implants market. A study carried out by the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) revealed that around 25% of sports injuries were related to lower extremities such as ankle and foot.
- The National Electronic Injury Surveillance System in the U.S. indicated that every year over two million patients visit the U.S. emergency departments for head trauma related injuries
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Trauma Implants Market Report
Metal Plate & Screw Segment to Witness High Demand
- Based on product type, the global trauma implants market can be segmented into metal plates & screw, pins/wires, nails & rods, and others
- The metal plates & screw segment accounted for the highest share of the trauma implants market as metal plates are easily available in the market at a low cost. Moreover, screw is inserted over the guidewire during articular fracture, which helps reduce the risk of misplacement and enhancing the accuracy.
Hospitals Segment to be Most Promising Segment
- In terms of end-user, the global trauma implants market can be divided into hospitals, orthopedic clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and others. The hospitals segment generated the highest revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to witness growth during the forecast period. Increase in number of orthopedic fracture surgeries in hospitals and rising health care infrastructure in hospitals are likely to increase the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
North America to Dominate Global Trauma Implants Market
- In terms of region, the global trauma implants market can be categorized into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global trauma implants market in 2018 and is expected to maintain its leading position during the forecast period. This dominance of the region can be attributed to increase in number of geriatric population, rise in incidence of osteoarthritis, presence of key market players in the region, greater affordability, strong government support for quality healthcare, and rise in demand for technologically advanced products.
- The market in Asia Pacific is projected to register highest growth during the forecast period, owing to rise in number of road accident, increase in adoption of new products, increase in per capita income, and high unmet medical need in emerging countries such as India and China
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Trauma Implants Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global trauma implants market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- DePuy Synthes Companies (Johnson and Johnson)
- Smith & Nephew plc
- Stryker Corporation
- Wright Medical Group N.V.
- Aesculap, Inc. (B. Braun company)
- Acumed LLC
- Orthofix Medical Inc.
Trauma Implants Market: Research Scope
Global Trauma Implants Market, by Product Type
- Metal Plates & Screw
- Nails & Rods
Global Trauma Implants Market, by End-user
- Orthopedic Clinics
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.