Global Total Shoulder Replacement Market: Overview
Total shoulder replacement refers to the process of replacement of damaged or diseased ball and socket joint of shoulder with a prosthesis. Metal components and polyethylene are utilized in the making of this prosthesis. The indications for total shoulder replacement comprise and post-traumatic degenerative joint disease, inflammatory arthritis, osteonecrosis, and osteoarthritis.
The global total shoulder replacement market has been divided based on four parameters of type, end user, and region for better understanding of the market.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report Global Total Shoulder Replacement Market: Notable Developments
Over the last few years, the global total shoulder replacement market has witnessed quite a few changes that has influenced course of the market. One such development is mentioned below:
- In November 2019, Leading medical technologies firm, Stryker Corporation announced about its acquisition of Wright Medical Group N.V. With this acquisition, it is expected that the latter will bring a forth its diverse product portfolio and large base of customers to Stryker Corporation, thereby expanding the reach of the company in the market.
Some well-known organizations in the global total shoulder replacement market are as follows:
- BioTek Instruments, Inc.
- Wright Medical Group N.V.
- Zimmer Biomet
- Implantcast GmbH
- DePuy Synthes Companies
- DJO Global, Inc.
- Stryker Corporation
To know the scope of our report Get a Brochure on Global Total Shoulder Replacement Market
Global Total Shoulder Replacement Market: Key Trends
The following drivers, opportunities, and restraints characterize global total shoulder replacement market over the forecast period, from 2019 to 2027.
Increased Prevalence of Arthritis and Sports Injuries Triggers Market Growth
The global total shoulder replacement market has grown over the years due to numerous advantages that these procedures come with. Many benefits of these procedures include restoration function, strength, and motion and alleviation of pain. The global total shoulder replacement market is likely to be influenced by the increased adoption of this procedure as it helps patients recover quickly.
Rise in the prevalence of arthritis-related disorders like rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis is likely to offer substantial growth opportunities for the global total shoulder replacement market. In addition, increasing incidences of sports-related injuries and adoption of reverse shoulder replacement procedures are expected to trigger growth of the market over the assessment tenure.
As people age, bones start degenerating and often ends up in conditions like osteoarthritis of hips, knees, and shoulders. However, knees and shoulders are affected in most of the cases. Increasing prevalence of osteoarthritis is likely to support growth of the market over the forecast tenure. In addition, sedentary lifestyle, constant computer-related work, and lack of exercise fails to give full mobility to shoulders. This factor stimulates growth of the global total shoulder replacement market.
On the other hand, postoperative complications related to shoulder replacement procedures are likely to hinder market growth. Furthermore, high costs of topnotch shoulder replacement equipment could impede growth of the market.
Global Total Shoulder Replacement Market: Geographical Analysis
In a bid to offer a detailed view of the global total shoulder replacement market, TMR analysts have split the market into five main regions. These regions are Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East and Africa, and North America.
Considering regional segments, Asia Pacific is likely to account for a major chunk of the global total shoulder replacement market over the forecast tenure, from 2019 to 2027. The spiraling growth of the market in the regions is ascribed to the increased prevalence of joint disorders. North America is also projected to reign over the market due to increased adoption of the procedures and favorable medical reimbursements in the region.
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.