High-performance Torque Limiters Facilitate Increased Efficiency in Aviation Equipment
Torque limiters are increasingly used in heavy-load applications to extend the product lifecycle of heavy-duty machinery. This directly helps stakeholders in profiting from the prolonged lifecycle of machinery, prevent damage, and save on overall costs.
Likewise, torque limiting is being used in aviation to develop more compact, lightweight, and efficient equipment. Since intelligent construction, high-end materials, and latest technology form the foundation of aviation equipment, stakeholders are leveraging new design equipment with powerful safety torque limiter couplings.
Aviation equipment requires torque limiters that run backlash-free, based on the spring-loaded ball-locking principle, to ensure greater safety. Manufacturers are developing high-tech materials with novel coatings that reduce the overall weight of the equipment. The relation of torque capacity with physical dimensions and weight help establish unique safety couplings for aviation equipment. Thus, stakeholders in the torque limiter market are facilitating the aerospace industry with high-precision overload protection in aviation equipment.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Torque Limiter Market
Increased Applications in Wind Power Trigger Market Growth for Torque Limiters
The performance of couplings used in the power and energy industry relies on a high degree robustness and reliability of torque limiters. Whether the energy is produced from coal, gas, or combustion of waste or biomass; designers, plant operators, and builders in the power and energy industry make increased use of torque limiters to achieve precise interaction between components of heavy-duty machinery and establish optimum load distribution.
For example, operating conditions with variations in speed place high requirement for torque limiters on gearboxes in wind power. The innovative bearing system of torque limiters facilitates uniform load distribution during operating conditions, and enhances the meshing contact of the gears. As such, manufacturers are making use of special materials and unique coatings in torque limiters to facilitate the optimum operation of gearboxes even at extremely high pressures and very low speeds.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Other applications of torque limiters extend to railway technology. Manufacturers are producing torque limiters of special standards that apply to couplings in railway drives. These couplings ensure maximum torque transmission and compensation for large displacements to facilitate the smooth mobility of people and goods through the railways. As such, stakeholders are broadening their offerings for torque limiters in the steel and metal industry. Torque couplings ensure increased reliability for cutting-edge processes and production technologies used in steel mills.
Market Players to Develop Novel Technologies to Overcome Operational Limitations
Stakeholders in various end-use industries such as construction and power generation increasingly rely on the engineering of high-end torque limiters for exceptional load capacity and increased product lifecycle of machinery. However, torque limiters have certain operational limitations too.
For example, drones are increasingly used in various domains such as in amusement parks and construction sites for monitoring and security purposes. However, stakeholders are yet to find the right balance between the different components of the drones and the relation between power-to-weight ratio. Further research is being carried out to crack the science between the size and efficiency of drones, and their ability to withstand harsh temperatures, altitude, and vibrations. As such, market players are innovating on heat dissipation technology at high speeds, high torques, and long service life of drones.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Torque Limiter Market ”
Analysts of the torque limiter market have a promising outlook for the market growth during the forecast period of 2019-2027. The global torque limiter market is growing at steady speed of ~5% CAGR, and has high potential for fast growth in the packaging and labeling industry. Other applications of torque limiters are triggering growth in the food and beverage industry, marine technology and mining industry. However, stakeholders are challenged with the operational drawbacks of torque limiters. As such, players in the torque limiter market are innovating on increasing the resistance of torque limiters towards harsh temperatures and high speed vibrations in various end-use industries.
Torque Limiters: Definition/Overview
- A torque limiter is an overload protection device, and hence, it is also called an overload clutch or a safety coupling.
- It protects equipment from excessive torque, thereby avoiding damage caused to the machine. Owing to this property, torque limiters are used in several industries such as packaging & labelling and food & textile processing.
- The global torque limiter market is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period, and reach a value of ~US$ 350 Mn by 2027.
Global Torque Limiter Market: Regional Overview
- In 2018, in terms of revenue, Europe dominates the global torque limiter market. The dominance of the region is anticipated to further increase in the near future, owing to the presence of a large number of market players and extensive research & development activities being carried out in the region. Germany is expected to hold the maximum share of the market in Europe throughout the forecast period.
- North America follows Europe in the global torque limiter market. The market in North America is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period.
- However, Asia Pacific is anticipated to be a highly lucrative market for torque limiters during the forecast period, owing to increasing automation of industrial processes in several sectors in the region, including energy & power, food & beverages, and paper & printing.
Global Torque Limiter Market: Trends
- Increasing automation in industrial processes is a key trend that is impacting the global torque limiter market.
- Currently, more automation is being designed and incorporated into production processes. Thus, machines are becoming more accurate. They require a higher degree of precision. They have become quick as well as rigid to endure dynamic loads, which is essential to boost the capacity and efficiency of machines.
- Torque overloads that are triggered by operator errors, material jams, or certain unpredicted reasons pose a considerable threat of machine downtime.
- Machine downtime in an automated production settings is highly expensive. Expensive technicians, damaged components, and extensive lead times for custom components can affect a company’s overall profits. Torque limiters are, therefore, being considered an economical measure against downtime in the scenario of the increased automation of production processes.
Global Torque Limiter Market: Drivers, Opportunities, and Restraints
- Collisions can occur in any machine, often due to improper operation, malfunctioning of control software and hardware, or ambient influences such as foreign objects. Collisions without overload protection usually lead to machines getting completely damaged, resulting in complicated repairs and the need for expensive replacement parts. Owing to these factors, the demand for overload protection has significantly increased across the world. This, in turn, has driven the demand for torque limiters.
- In addition, the growth of the global packaging industry is also offering lucrative opportunities to the global torque limiter market, owing to the use of reversing and reciprocating drives in the packaging industry.
- However, reduction in efficiency during product lifetime is anticipated to act as a restraining factor for the global torque limiter market during the forecast period. However, the impact of this restraint is expected to be low during the forecast period.
Global Torque Limiter Market: Key Segments
The global torque limiter market has been segmented based on type, torque range, end-use industry, and region.
- By Type:
- In terms of type, the global torque limiter market has been classified into friction, ball & roller, and others.
- By Torque Range:
- Based on torque range, the global torque limiter market has been categorized into <150 Nm, 151–500 Nm, 501–3,000 Nm, and >3,000 Nm.
- By End-use Industry:
- In terms of end-use industry, the global torque limiter market has been divided into food & beverages, plastic & rubber, paper & printing, fabricated metal manufacturing, packaging & labelling, energy & power, and others.
- By Region:
- Based on region, the global torque limiter market has been classified into North America (the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America), Europe (the U.K., France, Germany, and Rest of Europe), Asia Pacific (China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific), Middle East & Africa (GCC, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa), and South America (Brazil and Rest of South America).
Global Torque Limiter Market: Competition Landscape
Broadening of product portfolio to include several torque ranges is a key strategy adopted by several leading players operating in the global torque limiter market. Companies are also involved in providing customized products as per the requirements of end users. Key players operating in the global torque limiter market and profiled in the research report are
- Chr. Mayr GmbH + Co. KG
- KTR Systems GmbH
- R+W Antriebselemente GmbH
- Nexen Group, Inc.
- Howdon Power Transmission Ltd
- Altra Industrial Motion Corp.
- Tsubakimoto Chain Co
- RINGSPANN GmbH
- Cross & Morse Ltd
- Industrial Clutch Parts Ltd.
Companies operating in the global torque limiter market are focused on offering superior-quality products to ensure long-term business profitability through customer satisfaction.
Torque Limiter Market - Scope of the Report
[187 Pages Report] TMR’s recent publication on the torque limiter market attempts to provide a comprehensive and strategic analysis of the global torque limiter market, along with valuable revenue projections for the 2019-2027 forecast period. The study provides revenue projections of key segments under each criteria for 2019-2027, with 2018 as the base year. The torque limiter market study delves into the demand drivers, restraints, and opportunities that are likely to influence the growth trajectory of the torque limiter market over the aforementioned forecast period. A detailed analysis of growth in key regions of the torque limiter market over the 2019-2027 forecast period is included as well in this report.
Including every pertinent nuance relevant for stakeholders in the torque limiter market, the research report serves as a valuable tool. This includes the current trends influencing demand as well as the factors for stunted growth in the past of the torque limiter market. Exclusive insights into the competitive dynamics and region-specific analysis of the torque limiter market are some other highlights of this report.
Intuitive predictions from seasoned analysts that are backed by extensive research may be game-changing to formulate winning strategies for stakeholders in the torque limiter market. Extensive primary and secondary research with gaps filled in by expert opinion establishes the reliability of the report. Based on value judgment, TMR’s analysts compiled the torque limiter market report in a chapter-wise format, with each chapter further divided into small sections.
Torque Limiter Market - Segmentation
Balls & Rollers
Food & Beverages
Plastic & Rubber
Paper & Printing
Fabricated Metal Manufacturing
Packaging & Labelling
Energy & Power
Middle East & Africa
Key Questions Answered in the Torque Limiter Market Report
- What is the scope in terms of value and volume of ball & roller type torque limiters in the market?
- How are adoption of next-generation manufacturing processes making a difference in the torque limiter ecosystem?
- How do changes in the technological landscape influence the adoption of couplings in the energy & power industry in the torque limiter environment?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the torque limiter market from 2019 to 2027?
TMR’s business study on the torque limiter market begins with a preface that throws light on the scope and objectives of this study. The section briefly explains the objectives behind this study, and provides a market overview. Further, the report contains an entire slide for the segments and sub-segments in the torque limiter market.
Following this, the next section of the report is dedicated to report assumptions and research methodology. Terms and terminologies, definitions, and abbreviations used in the report are explained in this section as well. Research methodologies and statistical tools used for the analysis of the torque limiter market are also explained in this section.
Moving on, the next section of the report is the executive summary. An easily comprehensible graphic presents the revenue share of each segment and region, along with projection figures for the overall market. Such figures define where the torque limiter market is headed, thereby adding value to the veracity of this report.
The report on the torque limiter market then moves on to the market overview section, wherein, analysts furnish details of the current market dynamics. It also points out the important trends, growth opportunities, and critical challenges in the torque limiter market. This is followed by an extensive section on key market indicators, outlining value for business. The other sub-sections in the overview section of the report comprise SWOT analysis, Porter’s Five Force Analysis, and regulations and compliances for torque limiters in the ambit of various end-use industries.