Rise in Number of Dental Caries Propels Global Titanium Dental Implants Market
- Dental implants manufactured from titanium are known to be compatible with body tissues and are able to bond with adjacent bone during healing. Titanium implant screw or cylinder, of length between 8 mm and 16 mm, is inserted into a prepared bony socket in the jaw and acts as a replacement root for missing tooth. Titanium surface of the implant fuses with the surrounding bone through osseointegration process while healing, which can take about 3 months to 6 months.
- Oral diseases are the most common non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and affect people throughout their lifetime. The Global Burden of Disease Study 2016 estimated that oral diseases affected half of the world’s population, which is around 3.58 billion people, with dental caries (tooth decay) in permanent teeth being the most prevalent condition assessed.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Titanium Dental Implants Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Titanium Dental Implants Market
- Significant rise in prevalence of dental diseases such as dental caries and other periodontal diseases boost market growth. According to FDI World Dental Federation data, severe periodontal (gum) disease, which could result in tooth loss, is found in 15% to 20% of middle-aged (35 to 44 years) adults. According to the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, 92% of adults aged between 20 and 64 have had dental caries in their permanent teeth.
- Increase in demand for cosmetic dentistry also fuels the growth of the global market. An article published in nature journal in 2018 stated that there had been 50% increase in demand for cosmetic dentistry in the past five years. Research commissioned by the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (BACD) indicated that over half the adult population (57%) in the U.K. is concerned with their smile.
- However, the cost of dental care is rising faster than the cost of overall medical care. One implant could cost from US$ 1,000 to US$ 3,000. Moreover, additional cost for abutment and crown ranges from US$ 500 to US$ 3,000, which brings the total cost of one dental implant to around US$ 1,500 to US$ 6,000. High cost of the procedure is projected to hamper market growth.
Single-stage Procedure to Witness High Demand
- Based on procedure, the global titanium dental implants market can be bifurcated into two-stage procedure and single-stage procedure
- The single-stage procedure segment dominates the market, as it avoids one surgical intervention and shortens treatment time. However, two-stage procedure is preferred when an implant has not obtained optimal primary stability or when barriers are used for guided tissue regeneration.
Hospitals & Clinics Segment to Witness Highest Growth
- Based on end-user, the global titanium dental implants market can be divided into hospitals & clinics, dental laboratories, and others
- The hospitals & clinics segment dominates the global titanium dental implants market, as large number of procedures are performed in these settings due to availability of technologically advanced products and availability of reimbursement. Moreover, increase in the number of dental hospitals and clinics in developing countries boosts the growth of the segment. According to the American Dental Association, the number of dental clinics has increased from 113,128 in 2002 to 125,151 in 2012. The number of dental establishments also rose from 117,812 in 2002 to 133,107 in 2012.
- The dental laboratories segment is expected to gain market share during the forecast period. The segment is likely to expand at the highest CAGR from 2019 to 2027. Dedicated team of skilled technicians who are certified and trained in prosthetic procedures for all of the leading implant manufacturers is projected to propel the segment in the near future.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Titanium Dental Implants Market Report
North America to Dominate Global Titanium Dental Implants Market
- In terms of region, the global titanium dental implants market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global market in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. This is attributed to rise in prevalence of dental disorders and increase in demand for cosmetic dentistry. According to the Global Burden of Disease Study, oral disease affects 3.9 billion people across the world, with untreated tooth decay (dental caries) impacting nearly half of the world’s population (44%).
- However, the market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period owing to increase in the geriatric population and rise in public awareness about preventive dental care, modern dental treatment, and dental aesthetics. Companies are also increasing investments to offer more advanced materials for dental implants. For instance, Ishifuku Metal Industry Co., Ltd. and GC Corporate, key domestic manufacturers of dental metals in Japan, reported an increase in sales of 28.5% and 23.3%, respectively in 2011 as against 2010.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global titanium dental implants market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Institut Straumann AG
- Dentsply Sirona
- Zimmer Biomet
- AMT Medical SRL
- Southern Implants
- Precise Implant Systems E.S Ltd.
- IDI - Implants Diffusion International
- Bone System
- Ziacom Medical
- Jeil Medical Corporation
- TBR Implants Group
Global Titanium Dental Implants Market: Research Scope
Global Titanium Dental Implants Market, by Product Type
- Endosteal Implants
- Subperiosteal Implants
Global Titanium Dental Implants Market, by Procedure
- Two-stage Procedure
- Single-stage Procedure
Global Titanium Dental Implants Market, by Connector
- External Hexagonal Connectors
- Internal Hexagonal Connectors
- Internal Octagonal Connectors
Titanium Dental Implants Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Dental Laboratories
- Other Facilities
Titanium Dental Implants Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.