Rise in Number of Dental Caries Propels Global Titanium Dental Implants Market
- Dental implants manufactured from titanium are known to be compatible with body tissues and are able to bond with adjacent bone during healing. Titanium implant screw or cylinder, of length between 8 mm and 16 mm, is inserted into a prepared bony socket in the jaw and acts as a replacement root for missing tooth. Titanium surface of the implant fuses with the surrounding bone through osseointegration process while healing, which can take about 3 months to 6 months.
- Oral diseases are the most common non-communicable diseases (NCDs) and affect people throughout their lifetime. The Global Burden of Disease Study 2016 estimated that oral diseases affected half of the world’s population, which is around 3.58 billion people, with dental caries (tooth decay) in permanent teeth being the most prevalent condition assessed.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Titanium Dental Implants Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Titanium Dental Implants Market
- Significant rise in prevalence of dental diseases such as dental caries and other periodontal diseases boost market growth. According to FDI World Dental Federation data, severe periodontal (gum) disease, which could result in tooth loss, is found in 15% to 20% of middle-aged (35 to 44 years) adults. According to the National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, 92% of adults aged between 20 and 64 have had dental caries in their permanent teeth.
- Increase in demand for cosmetic dentistry also fuels the growth of the global market. An article published in nature journal in 2018 stated that there had been 50% increase in demand for cosmetic dentistry in the past five years. Research commissioned by the British Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (BACD) indicated that over half the adult population (57%) in the U.K. is concerned with their smile.
- However, the cost of dental care is rising faster than the cost of overall medical care. One implant could cost from US$ 1,000 to US$ 3,000. Moreover, additional cost for abutment and crown ranges from US$ 500 to US$ 3,000, which brings the total cost of one dental implant to around US$ 1,500 to US$ 6,000. High cost of the procedure is projected to hamper market growth.
Single-stage Procedure to Witness High Demand
- Based on procedure, the global titanium dental implants market can be bifurcated into two-stage procedure and single-stage procedure
- The single-stage procedure segment dominates the market, as it avoids one surgical intervention and shortens treatment time. However, two-stage procedure is preferred when an implant has not obtained optimal primary stability or when barriers are used for guided tissue regeneration.
Hospitals & Clinics Segment to Witness Highest Growth
- Based on end-user, the global titanium dental implants market can be divided into hospitals & clinics, dental laboratories, and others
- The hospitals & clinics segment dominates the global titanium dental implants market, as large number of procedures are performed in these settings due to availability of technologically advanced products and availability of reimbursement. Moreover, increase in the number of dental hospitals and clinics in developing countries boosts the growth of the segment. According to the American Dental Association, the number of dental clinics has increased from 113,128 in 2002 to 125,151 in 2012. The number of dental establishments also rose from 117,812 in 2002 to 133,107 in 2012.
- The dental laboratories segment is expected to gain market share during the forecast period. The segment is likely to expand at the highest CAGR from 2019 to 2027. Dedicated team of skilled technicians who are certified and trained in prosthetic procedures for all of the leading implant manufacturers is projected to propel the segment in the near future.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Titanium Dental Implants Market Report
North America to Dominate Global Titanium Dental Implants Market
- In terms of region, the global titanium dental implants market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global market in 2018 and the trend is anticipated to continue during the forecast period. This is attributed to rise in prevalence of dental disorders and increase in demand for cosmetic dentistry. According to the Global Burden of Disease Study, oral disease affects 3.9 billion people across the world, with untreated tooth decay (dental caries) impacting nearly half of the world’s population (44%).
- However, the market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period owing to increase in the geriatric population and rise in public awareness about preventive dental care, modern dental treatment, and dental aesthetics. Companies are also increasing investments to offer more advanced materials for dental implants. For instance, Ishifuku Metal Industry Co., Ltd. and GC Corporate, key domestic manufacturers of dental metals in Japan, reported an increase in sales of 28.5% and 23.3%, respectively in 2011 as against 2010.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global titanium dental implants market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Institut Straumann AG
- Dentsply Sirona
- Zimmer Biomet
- AMT Medical SRL
- Southern Implants
- Precise Implant Systems E.S Ltd.
- IDI - Implants Diffusion International
- Bone System
- Ziacom Medical
- Jeil Medical Corporation
- TBR Implants Group
Global Titanium Dental Implants Market: Research Scope
Global Titanium Dental Implants Market, by Product Type
- Endosteal Implants
- Subperiosteal Implants
Global Titanium Dental Implants Market, by Procedure
- Two-stage Procedure
- Single-stage Procedure
Global Titanium Dental Implants Market, by Connector
- External Hexagonal Connectors
- Internal Hexagonal Connectors
- Internal Octagonal Connectors
Titanium Dental Implants Market, by End-user
- Hospitals & Clinics
- Dental Laboratories
- Other Facilities
Titanium Dental Implants Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.