Global Thoracic Surgery Market: Introduction
A thoracic surgery involves any procedure or operation related to chest organs including heart, lungs, esophagus, and trachea. Thoracic surgery is also known as chest surgery. Thoracic surgery procedures are performed with either minimally invasive method or an open surgical procedure. Minimally invasive thoracic surgeries can be of two types: Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery and Robotic Thoracic Surgery. Thoracotomy procedure involves incision in chest and is performed to treat lung cancer. According to European Respiratory Society, around 24,574 lung resections and 16,710 cases of primary lung cancer were reported in 2011.
Global Thoracic Surgery Market: Competitive Landscape
The global thoracic surgery market is highly fragmented with several domestic players holding key market share in their respective regions. Manufacturers are extensively investing in research and development for technological advancement in the field of thoracic surgeries. Major players in this market focus on business expansion and are engaged in mergers and collaborations. They are actively involved in collaborations with multinational hospitals and adopting rental contract agreement strategy to sell their products such as electrosurgical devices, auxiliary instruments & cutter instruments.
Stuck in a Neck-to-Neck Competition with Other Brands? Request a Custom Report on “Thoracic Surgery Market” here
Medtronic is one of the world’s largest medical technology, services, and solutions company. Medtronic operates through four segments: Cardiac & Vascular, Diabetes, Restorative Therapies, and Minimally Invasive Therapies. They offer services to hospitals, physicians, clinicians, and patients in approximately 160 countries.
Richard Wolf GmbH
Richard Wolf GmbH is a medical devices company with extensive participation in the development of endoscopy and shockwave therapy. Richard Wolf GmbH offers a wide range of products and systems. The company operates through 15 subsidiaries and 130 distributors across the globe.
Intuitive Surgical, Inc. is a U.S. based company, engaged in designing, manufacturing, and marketing of Da Vinci surgical systems and related instruments and accessories. As of December 31, 2018, Intuitive had installed 4,986 Da Vinci systems worldwide. Intuitive has an efficient sales model. The company provides its products through a direct sales organization in the U.S.; most of Western Europe excluding Spain, Portugal, Italy, and Greece; and Japan and South Korea.
B. Braun Melsungen AG
B. Braun Melsungen AG offers medical products such as pharmaceuticals and medical devices across the world. The company develops effective solutions and trendsetting standards in different therapy fields of the health care industry. Company operates through four business divisions. It offers a range of around 5000 products in all categories, with indigenous manufacturing of 95% of these products.
B. Braun Melsungen AG operates through four segments: Hospital Care, Aesculap, Avitum, and Outpatient Market. B. Braun Melsungen AG has presence in 64 countries. In 2018, Dextera Surgical Inc.’s assets were acquired by B. Braun’s subsidiary company, Aesculap, Inc. Through this acquisition, Aesculap, Inc. has expanded its product portfolio for video-assisted thoracic surgery.
Other players operating in global thoracic surgery market include Teleflex Incorporated and Grena Ltd.
Global Thoracic Surgery Market: Dynamics
Increase in Demand for Minimally Invasive Thoracic Procedures
Demand for minimally invasive procedures is increasing due to their benefits over open surgeries. The benefits of minimally invasive procedures include minimal bleeding, lesser postoperative infection chances, fewer complications, shorter hospital stay, and early recovery. Growing preference of patients toward minimal invasive thoracic surgeries is expected to drive the market during the forecast period. The global thoracic surgery market is anticipated to expand during the next few years due to the rise in number of thoracic surgeries.
Need an Overview of the Report on Thoracic Surgery Market? Ask for the Brochure here
High Prevalence of Lung Cancer
Lung cancer is the second-most common type of cancer. According to the estimation of American Cancer Society, around 228,150 new cases of lung cancer are reported in 2019. The high prevalence of lung cancer is likely to boost the global thoracic surgery market at a significant pace during the forecast period.
Increase in the geriatric population
The population aged above 65 years usually suffers from various health disorders such as gastroesophageal reflux. Hence, increase in the geriatric population is likely to augment the global thoracic surgery market. Favorable healthcare policies lead to an increase in affordability of thoracic surgery. This, in turn, increases the life expectancy of the population. However, stringent government regulations for product approval are likely to restrain the global thoracic surgery market.
Thoracic Surgery Market: Segmentation
Based on type of surgery, the global thoracic surgery market can be divided into:
- Wedge Resection
- Others (Anatomical Segmental Resection)
In terms of application, the global thoracic surgery market can be segregated into:
- Lung Cancer
- Esophageal Cancer
- Gastroesophageal reflux
Based on end-user, the global thoracic surgery market can be classified into:
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Others (Specialty Clinics)
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.