Textile Binders Market
Textile Binders Market (Material: Acrylic Copolymer, Styrene Acrylate Copolymer, Vinyl Acrylate Copolymer, and Others; and Application: Flocking, Fabric Coating & Printing, Lamination, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Renewable Natural Ingredients in Textile Binders Replace Synthetic Additives to Reduce Environmental Impact
Eco-friendly ingredients in textile binders are bolstering the credibility credentials of manufacturers in the market landscape. For instance, in May 2019, Archroma— a global color and specialty chemicals company, Appretan® NTR, an innovative water-based textile coating binder, which is formulated from renewable natural ingredients such as tea bags and coffee filters. Since the global textile industry is infamous for releasing pollutants into the environment during manufacturing processes, companies in the textile binders market are increasing their R&D muscle in natural ingredients.
Companies in the India textile binders market are under scrutiny for introducing natural ingredients in products. This is evident since Asia Pacific dictates the highest share among all regions in the textile binders market and the region’s revenue is projected for exponential growth during the forecast period. Hence, under the Indian Standards for Organic Textiles program, Indian textile manufacturers are limiting the use of synthetic binders in clothing and apparels.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
Formaldehyde-free Textile Binders Useful in Creating Soft Touch Interior Textiles
Prints are becoming increasingly popular in clothing and interior textiles due to the growing demand for vibrant colors and patterns in apparels. However, formaldehyde in textile binders renders the fabric to become harsh to the touch. Creating soft and vibrant prints is potentially challenging for textile manufacturers, since the formaldehyde in pigment printing requires high temperature for curing, leaving a rough touch to the fabric. Hence, companies in the textile binders market are introducing formaldehyde-free low temperature curing binders to address issues of conventional pigment printing.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Manufacturers in the textile binders market are increasing their research efforts to develop binders that require no curing, which helps to reduce the fixation temperature and time as compared to conventional pigment printing processes. Formaldehyde-free textile binders also cause no harm to the shades of the fabric after the pigment printing process.
Companies Launch Fabric Printing Machines amidst COVID-19 Crisis to Generate Revenue Streams
Several trade shows have been cancelled or postponed due to the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak. For instance, the FESPA 2020 event aimed at showcasing international print trade, which was originally scheduled for the month of March, has now been rescheduled to the month of October due to the coronavirus outbreak. However, the pandemic did not stop Electronics for Imaging (EFI), Inc.— a specialist in digital printing technology, from launching its fabric printing machine called the EFI Reggiani.
Cutting-edge fabric printing machines are fueling the demand for textile binders. Companies in the textile binders market are increasing efforts to innovate in new formulations of pigment inks that involve binder ingredients. This has catalyzed the demand for multi-color fabric printing. Thus, novel printing machines are eliminating the need for post-treatment procedures.
Water-based PU Binders Being Extensively Used in Production of Functional Textiles
Apart from apparels and interior textiles, the demand for functional textiles is also surging in the textile binders market. Hence, companies in the textile binders market are increasing their efficacy in polyurethane chemistry to manufacture high-quality functional textiles. For instance, Covestro— a Germany-based producer of specialty chemicals, revealed that the company has introduced INSQIN®, a range of high-quality water-based PU (polyurethane) coating binders, along with crosslinkers to produce coatings for functional textiles. Such innovations are bolstering the growth of the textile binders market, which is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 100 Mn by the end of 2030.
Sustainability has become the key focus point for companies in the textile binders market. Water-based PU coating binders are being pervasively used in synthetic materials and in the production of fabric coatings. Hence, companies are increasing the availability of low-odor and low-VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) water-based PU binders.
Specialty-solvent Solutions in Textile Binders Deliver Excellent Resistance to Chemicals
Water-borne acrylic emulsions and copolymers play an instrumental role in the production of high-performance textiles. Hence, companies in the textile binders market are gaining proficiency in controlled processes for innovating in formaldehyde-free technologies. For instance, Lubrizol - a provider of specialty chemicals for transportation, industrial, and consumer segments, is increasing its production capabilities in textile coatings with the help of Vycar™ brand of vinyl chloride copolymer emulsions.
Companies in the textile binders market are meeting customer demand for specialty-solvent and water-borne solutions in binders that deploy excellent resistance to chemicals and provide enhanced aesthetic appeal. Heat-sealable textile binders are being used to manufacture automotive door panels and seat coverings.
Nonwovens Fuel Demand for Textile Binders to Regulate Stiffness in Materials
Innovative formaldehyde-free self-crosslinking textile binders are acquiring prominence in textile coatings, nonwovens, and other demanding textile applications. Arkema S.A.— a specialty chemicals and advanced materials company, is increasing its marketing capabilities for ENCOR ® binders that are used to regulate stiffness and hardness in nonwovens. Thus, product innovations are contributing to a modest growth of the textile binders market, which is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period. As such, textile binders are being highly publicized for improving the durability and protection of textile materials.
Manufacturers are educating customers about textile and end-use performance requirements, such as tensile and tear strengths in order to help them make the right selection in binder products. Companies are tapping value-grab opportunities in nonwovens and waddings to generate revenue streams. Chemical web bonding and finishing treatment applications are fueling the demand for textile binders in nonwovens and waddings.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Textile Binders Market, ask for a customized report
Rescheduling and cancellation of international print trade events take a hit affecting revenue generation activities of companies in the textile binders market, due to ongoing developments in the COVID-19 pandemic. High applicability of nonwovens in automotive, packaging, and construction applications are generating incremental opportunities for textile binder manufacturers.
The demand for soft and vibrant prints is surging in interior textiles segment. However, conventional pigment printing involving formaldehyde in binders results in hardness and stiffness in materials. Hence, companies should increase the availability of formaldehyde-free low temperature curing binders to address challenges of conventional pigment printing procedures. The expansion of product portfolio is one of the prominent trends followed by manufacturers.
Textile Binders Market: Overview
- Pigment particles are stuck on surfaces of fabrics. Binders are adhesive type coatings that form polymeric materials that stick to pigment particles on fabric surfaces. Binders form a thin invisible film on fabric surfaces during curing. Printing binder and pigment dyeing is an essential ingredient in textile printing. Textile binders are used in the manufacture of pigment printing paste that is used to color fabrics in the textile industry. Textile binders offer superior properties such as durability, which is measured through color retention.
- Textile pigments are known as colored organic substances that do not solubilize in water or solvents easily and require binding agent in order to hold them on textile fibers. Furthermore, pigments have no affinity to cotton and neither the mechanism to bond with fiber. Organic pigments are dispersed with surfactants in water and the dispersion is then mixed with water-based emulsion of the polymerizable resin. Water is then removed by drying and polymerization is produced by heat. The binder performs several functions to produce colored, low cost, desirable, and sellable textile.
- In terms of value, the global textile binders market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~4% to reach ~US$ 100 Mn during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific was a prominent region of the global textile binders market in 2019. The textile binders market in the region is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~4% between 2020 and 2030.
- Rise in demand for home furnishings in Asia Pacific, due to the rapidly growing middle class and boom in the housing sector in the region, is expected to drive the textile binders market in the region. Home fashion has emerged as a separate segment of the consumer goods sector, led by the increase in consumer awareness about high-quality living. The number of retailers selling home textiles is also increasing in order to meet the rising demand for home fashion.
- The global textile industry has experienced shift of production toward Asia from the traditional production centers such as the U.S. and countries in Western Europe. Furthermore, countries in Latin America, such as Brazil, Mexico, Colombia, and Peru, have witnessed significant growth in textile production over the last few years.
Rise in Demand for Acrylic Copolymer Textile Binders in Textile Printing Industry
- Based on material, acrylic copolymer was the major segment with more than 50% share of the global textile binders market in 2019. It is estimated to continue its dominance in the global textile binders market between 2020 and 2030. Acrylic copolymer is primarily used as a textile binder. It possesses superior characteristics such as high gloss, excellent resistance to water as well as weather, alkali resistance, excellent adhesion, excellent workability, good dispersion, and low odor. It is free of alkylphenol ethoxylates (APEO).
- Increase in popularity of textile binders with functional effects has boosted the demand for printing agents and finishing agents, as they offer excellent functional enhancement of textile materials. Thus, the acrylic copolymer segment is anticipated to remain highly attractive during the forecast period.
Rise in Demand for Textile Binders in Fabric Coating & Printing Applications
- Based on application, fabric printing & coating was the prominent segment with more than 40% share of the global textile binders market in 2019. It is estimated to continue its dominance between 2020 and 2030. Textile binders are used to produce an efficient printing paste for fabric printing and coating. These are used to give the required effects to textiles. Various agents considered under the fabric coating & printing segment include scouring agents, fixing agents, and color-leveling agents. Textiles binders are employed in the production of apparel in fabric coating and printing. This, in turn, is driving the demand for textile binders in apparel production.
Key Highlights of Textile Binders Market across Regions
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific constituted significant share of the global textile binders market in 2019. Demand for textile binders in the region is anticipated to increase during the forecast period, due to rapid growth in the textile industry in Asia Pacific. The market in Asia Pacific is estimated to continue to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to rise in demand for textile binders in various applications such as flocking, fabric printing, coating, and lamination in the region.
- High demand for textile binders in Asia Pacific can also be ascribed to the presence of major textile producing countries in the region. Europe is another key region of the global textile binders market. However, stringent environment-related norms are likely to hamper the market in the region during the forecast period.
Textile Binders Market: Competition Landscape
- Manufacturers are focusing on expanding their production capacities for textile binders in order to meet the demand for these binders for textile printing applications
- Key players operating in the global textile binders market are
- Archroma Corporate
- Fineotex Grou
- Camex Ltd.
- OMNOVA Solutions Inc.
- Arkema SA
- Organic Dyes And Pigments Llc
- Pioneer Chemicals Inc.
- Scott Bader Company Ltd.
- Hemanjali Polymers Pvt. Ltd.
- 3J Chemicals
Textile Binders Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the global textile binders market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study of the global textile binders market analyzes the market scenario for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year. The report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the global textile binders market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders operating in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides an understanding of strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with market trends and restraints.
This study also discusses the underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the global textile binders market, along with their influence on evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis, PEST analysis, and regulatory scenario of the global textile binders market in order to elaborate on crucial growth tactics and opportunities for players operating in the global market.
Key Questions Answered in Textile Binders Market Report
- How much revenue is the global textile binders market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the global textile binders market?
- What are the key indicators expected to drive the global textile binders market?
- Which regional market is likely to be highly lucrative during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders operating in the global textile binders market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the global textile binders market?
This report answers these questions about the global textile binders market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
Textile Binders Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global textile binders market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competitive scenario of the global textile binders market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the global textile binders market have arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate numbers of the global textile binders market, with the help of both bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global textile binders market, along with an overview of the market landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of opportunities for this market. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global textile binders market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Textile Binders Market – Segmentation
This report on the global textile binders market provides information based on material, application, and region.
Styrene Acrylate Copolymer
Vinyl Acrylate Copolymer
Others (including Self-crosslinking Binders, Anionic Surfactants, and Melamine Formaldehyde)
Fabric Coating & Printing
Others (including Crushed Foam Printing and Pigment Discharge Printing)
Middle East & Africa