Tamping Machines: Introduction
- Tamping machines also known as ballast tamper, is a heavy machinery used in the packing and tamping of track ballasts under railway tracks for making it more durable.
- Tamping machines make the task faster, easier, more accurate, efficient, and less labor intensive as compared to manual processes with the help of beaters. Thus, tamping machines have now become an essential part of rail maintenance & construction.
- Tamping machines help lower maintenance costs, protect hardware, increase efficiency, decrease down time, and increase performance of railway tracks.
- Tamping machines are of three types: straight track tamping machines, points and crossing tamping machines, and multi-purpose tamping machines.
- The global tamping machines market is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to the increase in demand for these devices from railways.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Tamping Machines Market: Dynamics
Global Tamping Machines Market: Key Drivers and Restraints
- Technological and function advancement in tamping machines are estimated to boost the demand for tamping machines during the forecast period. Earlier, these machines were only equipped to lift tracks and pack ballast; now they are also deployed for alignment of train to make them parallel & in the same level and lining of tracks.
- Rise in demand to reduce the mechanical strain on the train and offer a more comfortable ride in freight and passenger trains is expected to boost the demand for tamping machines market across the globe.
- Rise in infrastructure development across the globe is a major factor anticipated to propel the market growth. According to International Construction Market Survey 2018, major infrastructure spending on the Standard Gauge Railway between Nairobi and Naivasha (Kenya). Furthermore, Brazil is also upgrading 1,100km of railway. The government of developing nation is also planning to modernize the existing railway tracks by 2020.
- Increase in automation in the transportation and logistics industry is estimated to boost the demand for tamping machines during the forecast period.
- However, high cost of tamping machines is anticipated to adversely impact the tamping machines market.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Asia Pacific to Account for Major Share of the Global Tamping Machines Market
- In terms of region, the global tamping machines market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is the leading consumer of tamping machines, followed by North America and Europe. China and India are key countries in the tamping machines market in the region. In terms of demand, the two countries accounted for more than 50% share of the market for tamping machines in the region in 2018.
- In India, railways play a major role in transportation of goods and people across the country. Furthermore, China adopted the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI) to establish regional connectivity which is expected to drive the market in the Asia Pacific region.
- Additionally, increasing investment in rail networks in various parts of Africa is projected to drive the tamping machines market in the MEA region over the forecast period.
Global Tamping Machines Market: Competition Landscape
Key Players Operating in the Global Tamping Machines Market
Numerous local, regional, and international players operate in the tamping machines market. Hence, the tamping machines market is fairly fragmented and the bargaining power of suppliers is low. The degree of competition among market players is high. Manufacturers of tamping machines are adopting two of vital strategies — new product development and acquisition — to cater to the needs of various end-users. Key players operating in the global tamping machines market are:
- CRCC High-Tech Equipment Co., Ltd.
- Gemac Engineering Machinery Co Ltd
- Harsco Corporation
- MATISA MATÉRIEL INDUSTRIEL S.A.
- New Sorema Ferroviaria SpA
- Plasser & Theurer
- Remputmash Group
- Robel Bahnbaumaschinen Gmbh
- The Sinara Group
Global Tamping Machines Market: Research Scope
Global Tamping Machines Market Segmentation, by Type
- Straight track tamping machines
- Points and crossing tamping machines
- Multi-purpose tamping machines (MPT)
Global Tamping Machines Market Segmentation, by Size
- Small tamping machine
- Large tamping machine
Global Tamping Machines Market Segmentation, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.