Tamping Machine Market
Tamping Machine Market (Product Type: Track Tamping Machines, Points and Crossing Tamping Machines, and Multi-purpose Tamping Machines (MPT); and Application: New Railway Lines Construction and Track Maintenance - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Focus On Improving Quality and Safety of Existing Rail Networks to Propel Market
The railway sector around the world has expanded at a staggering pace since the Industrial Revolution and as per current observable trends, is showing small signs of slowing down. Over the past few decades, the demand for tailor-made railway systems integrated with advanced technologies has experienced a considerable growth due to which, the railway sector around the globe is staring at a bright future. The significant rise in the number of mining activities around the world, particularly in the developing regions has played an important role in generating demand for railway and freight transportation systems. The positive growth of the railway sector is expected to have a direct impact on the expansion of the tamping machine market.
The demand for tamping machines is expected to grow at a steady pace during the forecast period, as efforts to maximize safety, upgrade the quality of existing railway systems, and prevent railway accidents are in full swing. Governments across the world are investing a notable amount of resources to revamp the existing railway infrastructure and using it as a building block for the future-generation of railway projects. Tamping machines are increasingly being used across the world for the construction of new railway lines and track maintenance activities. With the rise in the number of railway projects in the pipeline mainly in Europe and the Asia Pacific, players operating in the tamping machine market are anticipated to capitalize on these opportunities to generate more revenues.
The rise in the number of railway projects across the world, consistent growth of the mining sector, along with fast-paced industrialization in developing regions, growing emphasis on upgrading the existing railway infrastructure, and construction of new railway lines are some of the leading factors that are likely to steer the global tamping machine market past ~US$ 600 Mn mark by the end of 2027.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Tamping Machine Market
Introduction of New Tamping Techniques as Governments Focus on Performance-driven Maintenance
Tamping machines play a key role in improving the overall safety aspects of the railway systems. Over the past few decades, players operating in the tamping machine market landscape are increasingly focusing on testing new tamping techniques to improve the efficiency and output of the next-generation of tamping machines. While the tamping machine market is likely to gain considerable ground across the Asia Pacific region, due to the staggering demand from the developing regions, such as China, India, Vietnam, Indonesia, and Malaysia, the developed regions, including Europe and North America are expected to be at the forefront in terms of new technologies and tamping techniques.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Over the past few years, lean tamping has emerged as a promising tamping technique that is expected to be on the performance-driven maintenance technique. In the current scenario, although the adoption of the lean tamping technique is at the nascent stage, it is projected to gain traction in the upcoming years, owing to the number of short-term and long-term benefits. The demand for leaning tamping is expected to gain momentum, as it sweeps away the need for manual inspection. In addition, as the inspection train’s data is utilized by the tamping machine directly, this process is also likely to improve precision. At the back of these factors, the tamping machine market is anticipated to witness steady growth during the assessment period.
Adoption of Tamping Machines on Rise as Governments Focus on Railway Maintenance Projects during COVID-19
As the COVID-19 pandemic continues to compel governments across the world to impose stringent restrictions on transportation and vehicular movement, railway activity across the world, particularly within the passenger segment, is expected to decline by a considerable margin. However, the inactivity in the passenger train has emerged as a golden opportunity for railway engineers and government authorities to complete pending or scheduled maintenance tasks without causing any inconvenience to the regular schedule.
In addition, several governments are increasingly capitalizing on the lockdown period to complete maintenance of the rail network. Thus, as governments continue to focus on using the current window for maintenance, the adoption of rental or contractual tamping machines is expected to grow at a healthy pace during the COVID-19 pandemic. This is projected to fuel the expansion of the tamping machine market during the forecast period.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Tamping Machine Market
The global tamping machine market is expected to grow at a moderate CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to a host of factors, including growing investments to improve the quality of the railway network, advancements in technology, progress in data collection and new tamping techniques, growth of the mining sector worldwide, and high demand for freight transportation particularly in developing regions. Market players should focus on improving the efficiency and quality of their tamping machines by investing in research and carrying out frequent tests to assess the performance of their machines.
Tamping Machine Market: Overview
- The global tamping machine market is expected to register a CAGR of 5% (volume) between 2019 and 2027. The market is projected to be driven by growing demand for tamping machines to upgrade track maintenance.
- Construction of new railway lines across the world is expected to boost the tamping machine market in the near future
- The global tamping machine market is expected to reach ~US$ 600 Mn by 2027 from ~US$ 400 Mn in 2019
- Europe holds a major share of the tamping machine market in terms of volume and is anticipated to dominate the tamping machine market during the forecast period, followed by Asia Pacific
- Europe remains a prominent region in the tamping machine market, with revenues in 2019 estimated at US$ 145 Mn
- The tamping machine market in North America and South America is also expected to show moderate growth during the forecast period
- Asia Pacific is projected to expand significantly in terms of share in the global tamping machine market during the forecast period. Rail transportation plays an important part in developing economies such as China and India to support the ever-growing economies. Railway transportation plays an important role, especially in India in transporting people and carrying goods across the country, which in turn is expected to boost the demand for tamping machines.
- The tamping machine market report provides analysis of the global market for the period 2017 - 2027, wherein 2018 is the base year and 2019 to 2027 is the forecast period. Data for 2017 has been included as historical information.
- The report covers all the prevalent trends and technologies expected to play a major role in the growth of the market over the forecast period. It also highlights various drivers, restraints, and opportunities expected to influence the market growth during the forecast period.
- Tamping machines, also known as ballast tamper, is a heavy machinery used in the packing and tamping of track ballasts under railway tracks to make it more durable. Tamping machines make the task faster, easier, more accurate, efficient, and less labor intensive as compared to manual processes, with the help of beaters. Thus, tamping machines have now become an essential part of rail maintenance & construction.
North America Tamping Machine Market Snapshot
- North America is a developed region and hence, innovations and new technologies are expected to be key trends in the region over the next few years. North America is expected to hold a significant share of the global tamping machine market in the coming years. For the same reason, North America is expected to witness the highest opportunity addition in the tamping machine market globally, with Europe and Asia Pacific being the next closest regions.
Key Growth Drivers of the Tamping Machine Market
- Tamping machines are a substitute to manual labor, as they perform tasks faster and more efficiently in order to reduce the mechanical strain. Tamping machines are helpful to lift concrete sleepers, which cannot be lifted by hand, as they usually weigh over 250 kg. Besides, tamping machines are capable of lining and tamping tracks as well as parallel alignment of the railway tracks, which is not possible by human labor. Tamping machines can perform both tamping and lining of tracks, and help to save cost and time of using two separate machines. This in turn reduces the operational time, labor cost, and mechanical strain, which is expected to enhance the demand for tamping machines across the world.
- Furthermore, tamping machines help to lower the maintenance cost, protect hardware, increase efficiency, decrease downtime, and increase performance of railway tracks, as tamping machines have now become an essential part of rail maintenance & construction. Additionally, tamping machines are easier and more accurate to use, and reduce labor intensity as compared to manual processes. This in turn is expected to accelerate the growth of the tamping machine market.
- Rise in demand to reduce the mechanical strain on trains and offer a more comfortable ride in freight and passenger trains is expected to boost the demand for tamping machines across the globe
Key Challenges Faced by Tamping Machine Market Players
- Tamping machines are heavy machines aligned with high costs, which can hamper the demand for the machines in some developing countries and in poor economies. Hence, high cost of tamping machines is likely to restrain the growth of the tamping machine market.
Tamping Machine Market: Competition Landscape
- In September 2019, Harsco Corporation unveiled its new TX16 TAMPER at Railway Interchange 2019 in Minneapolis. TX16 TAMPER has tie finding technology, which offers high production rates irrespective of ballast conditions. It also has switch tamping flexibility through four independent tamping units that allows each pair to be deployed separately.
Tamping Machine Market: Company Profile Snapshot
- Plasser & Theurer: Established in 1953, Plasser & Theurer is an Austrian manufacturer of rail track maintenance and track laying machines. The company has three subsidiaries through which it operates its business: Deutsche Plasser, Bahnbaumaschinen GmbH, and Plasser American. Plasser & Theurer is the only manufacturer in the world offering a complete range of machines for laying and maintenance of railway tracks. The company is engaged in manufacturing machines for track laying, track maintenance, and measuring work.
- CRCC High-Tech Equipment Co., Ltd.: Incorporated in 1954, CRCC High-tech Equipment Corporation Limited also known as CRCCE, is a Chinese railway track maintenance machinery manufacturer. The company is engaged in manufacturing and selling railway track machines and its components in China as well as across the globe. The company offers more than 60 categories of railway maintenance machines in various sizes, which covers tamping, ballast cleaning, ballast distributing and profiling, stabilizing, material conveying, and rail reprofiling. CRCCE is a subsidiary of China Railway Construction Corporation Limited (CRCC), in turn an indirect subsidiary of the Chinese Central Government.
- Strukton: Incorporated in 1921, Strukton Groep n.v. or Strukton is a prominent player in the field of rail infrastructure, railway vehicles, and mobility systems. The company develops, installs, and maintains rail systems, buildings, civil infrastructure, technical systems, and facility management projects. The company operates in three main businesses: rail systems, civil infrastructure, and technology & buildings. The company has developed a strong base in Italy, Sweden, the Netherlands, Denmark, and Belgium. Besides, it operates its business in the Middle East, the United States, Canada, Europe, and Australia.
- Other major players operating in the global tamping machine market and profiled in the report include
- Gemac Engineering Machinery Co Ltd
- Harsco Corporation
- MATISA MATÉRIEL INDUSTRIEL S.A.
- New Sorema Ferroviaria SpA
- Robel Bahnbaumaschinen Gmbh
- The Sinara Group
- Loram Maintenance of Way, Inc.
Tamping Machine Market – Scope of the Report
A latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global tamping machine market, to accurately gauge its potential future development. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the tamping machine market, to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the tamping machine market will progress during the forecast period 2019-2027.
The report offers intricate dynamics about the different aspects of the tamping machine market, which aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the tamping machine market, during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight the growth prospects of the tamping machine market and estimate statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Mn) and volume (in Units).
The study covers a detailed segmentation of the tamping machine market, along with key information and a competitive outlook. The report mentions the company profiles of key players currently dominating the tamping machine market, wherein various developments, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail. Furthermore, the report also mentions the import and export data of tamping machine of top countries, with industrial production index.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Tamping Machine Market
The report provides detailed information about the tamping machine market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that play a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the tamping machine market, so as to help them formulate successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of tamping machines?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the tamping machine market between 2019 and 2027?
- What are the winning imperatives of market frontrunners in the tamping machine market?
- Which application is expected to undertake maximum adoption of tamping machines during the forecast period?
Research Methodology – Tamping Machine Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts to compile the tamping machine market report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic Forecast of the tamping machine market.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. On the basis of data obtained through the interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the tamping machine market.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, and import and export data of major countries of the world, industrial production index, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the tamping machine market.
Tamping Machine Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the tamping machine market on the basis of product type, application, and region. The report presents the extensive market dynamics associated with different segments, and how they influence the growth prospects of the tamping machine market.
Track Tamping Machines
Points and Crossing Tamping Machines
Multi-purpose Tamping Machines (MPT)
New Railway Lines Construction
Middle East & Africa