Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) Market
Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) Market (Drug Type: Branded and Generic; Dosage Form: Capsule and Suspension; Indication: Influenza A, Influenza B, and Others; and Distribution Channel: Hospital Pharmacies, Retail Pharmacies, Online Pharmacies, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
- 189 Pages
OTC Distribution Drives Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) Market
High prevalence of influenza and flu has created a demand for Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate). Thus, companies are entering into strategic deals to gain rights for over-the-counter (OTC) distribution of the medication. For instance, in July 2019, leading French multinational pharmaceutical company Sanofi entered into an agreement with Roche-a Swiss multinational healthcare company, to gain rights for over-the-counter distribution of Tamiflu in the U.S. Such deals are boosting the growth of the Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market, which is projected to reach a revenue of ~US$ 940 Mn by the end of 2027.
Companies in the Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market are increasing their production capabilities to manufacture novel medication for the prevention and treatment of life-threatening influenza diseases and other flu. They are increasing efficacy in FDA negotiations for marketing and scientific engagement associated with Tamiflu to gain credibility in the global market landscape.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) Market
Popularity of OTC Distribution in U.S. Catches Attention of Leading Healthcare Companies
The Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market is witnessing change, since healthcare companies are pervasively switching toward OTC distribution, especially in the U.S. Since the U.S. being one of the rapidly growing economies of North America, the latter is expected to reach the second-highest revenue in the Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market by the end of 2027. Hence, companies in the U.S. are capitalizing on the trend of OTC switch. Looking at leading market players, even emerging players are aiming at the OTC switch and aiming toward strategic transactions to introduce innovations in Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate).
Companies in the market for Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) are targeting the U.S., since the region is one of the largest OTC market worldwide. The OTC switch is supporting the global cough and cold strategy of market players by expanding into flu with a sustainable point of difference in the market. Tamiflu is being highly publicized in support of public health, since novel medication offers safe and efficacious treatment for flu and influenza.
Companies Target Patients with Renal Diseases to Grow in Global Market
Health institutions such as the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, U.S., recommend that newly born infants should receive flu vaccine at regular periodic intervals. However, frequent replication and mutation of the influenza virus has contributed toward high prevalence of the infection. This phenomena has fueled the demand for Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) medication. However, substitute antiviral drugs such as Baloxavir marboxil and Peramivir pose as a threat to the sales of Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate). Easy availability of substitute drugs explains the steep downward Y-o-Y growth of the Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market. Hence, manufacturers are entering into strategic deals for OTC distribution and increasing production capabilities in dosage forms of Tamiflu.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
Tamiflu capsules dictate the highest revenue as compared to suspension dosages in the Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market and the capsule dosage form segment is predicted for exponential growth in the coming years. On the other hand, companies are increasing the availability of Tamiflu in the suspension dosage form for patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and those on continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis (CAPD).
Publicly Funded Research Studies in Europe Offer Strategic Insights to Healthcare Companies
It has been found that Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) is an efficacious antiviral drug for the treatment of flu and influenza, especially among the geriatric patients. Companies in the Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market are increasing their focus in Europe, this market in the region is expected for aggressive growth during the forecast period. The Lancet- a European Commission-funded study revealed that Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) is recommended by public health agencies for the prevention and treatment of seasonal and pandemic influenza outbreaks.
Ongoing research studies that are publicly funded in several European countries are generating incremental opportunities for companies in the Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market, since companies are gaining important insights through these studies. Healthcare providers in Europe are also recommending Tamiflu for young and old patients with flu-like illnesses.
Healthcare companies in the Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market are exploring opportunities in Asia Pacific, since government institutions in the region are increasing their efforts to improve the healthcare infrastructure. On the other hand, companies are maximizing their production capabilities to develop generic drugs and increasing efforts to strengthen their online distribution channels.
Tamiflu is efficacious in the treatment of ESRD and for patients who rely on CAPD. However, side effects of Tamiflu, such as diarrhea, and introduction of substitute drugs such as XofluzaTM (baloxavir marboxil) by Roche, are likely to slow down market growth. Hence, companies should increase their efficacy in conducting extensive research studies catering to the development of drugs targeting children and infants.
Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) Market: Overview
- Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) is a medicine under the class of neuraminidase inhibitor used as an antiviral agent
- This drug is widely used for the treatment of symptoms caused by the flu virus (Influenza). Tamiflu is a brand name, while oseltamivir phosphate is a generic name for the same. It is available in capsule and oral suspension dosage forms.
- Seasonal outbreak of influenza primarily occurs in winter. Most people generally recover fully, but severe complications such as pneumonia can also develop. Initiation of antiviral treatment is recommended for hospitalized influenza patients.
- Tamiflu is prescribed for the treatment of acute, and uncomplicated influenza A and B in patients 2 weeks of age and older who have been symptomatic for no more than 48 hours. It is also given for prophylactic use as prophylaxis of influenza A and B in patients 1 year and older.
- Prevention of flu includes avoiding unnecessary close contact between sick and healthy people, covering mouth and nose while coughing & sneezing, and washing hands frequently
- High prevalence, rise in patient population affected by influenza, and pandemic influenza outbreak are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market
- For instance, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), around 5% to 20% of the population is affected by the flu in the U.S. each year. Additionally, an estimated 200,000 people are hospitalized due to flu infection in the U.S. each year; of these 36,000 die due to flu complications.
- Increase in initiatives by regulatory authorities & organizations for treatment and prevention of influenza is also contributing for the growth of the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market
- Moreover, surge in government funding and measures for influenza treatment & prevention in terms of research activities and awareness campaigns is responsible for the growth of Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market
Market Segmentation: Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) Market
- Based on drug type, the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market has been classified into branded and generic
- The generic segment dominated the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market in 2018 and its share in global market in increasing
- Patent expiry of branded Tamiflu in 2016, several generic products launches, and cheaper products are some of the major factors driving the generic segment
- In terms of dosage form, the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market has been bifurcated into capsule and suspension
- On the basis of Indication, the global market has been segmented into influenza A, influenza B, and others
- Based on distribution channel, the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market has been divided into hospital pharmacies, retail pharmacies, online pharmacies, and others
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for market trends, recent trends and developments, drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights
- The report provides current and future revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments for the period from 2017 to 2027, considering 2018 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2019 to 2027, along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) Market
- In terms of region, the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been further divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- North America accounted for major share of the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market in 2018. Higher prevalence of influenza, presence of major companies in the region, and better influenza surveillance for reporting on weekly basis are some of the major factors responsible for the growth of North America Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market.
- The current and future market sizes in terms of revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report for the period from 2017 to 2027, with their CAGRs for the period from 2019 to 2027
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the market, which will help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market shares, and help in the decision-making process
- The report concludes with company profiles section that includes key information about the major players in the market
- Key players analyzed in this report are
- F.Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- NATCO Pharma Limited
- Tea Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- LUPIN Limited
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC
- Zydus Cadila
- Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd.
- Alembic Pharmaceuticals Limited
- Mylan N.V.
- Hetero Group
- Each of these players has been profiled in the report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market during the forecast period from 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall market revenue of the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market for the period of 2017 to 2027, with 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involves bulk of research efforts, wherein, analysts carry out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approach to study various phenomena in the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market. Key players operating in the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of players in the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue generated by each drug type, dosage form segments of the Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the market?
- Which region is likely to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) indication and distribution channel segments are expected to generate the highest revenue globally in 2027? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What is the market share or position of different companies operating in the global market in 2018?
Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market begins with an overview of the said market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, key industrial developments in terms of merger, acquisition, strategic partnerships, influenza flu prevalence globally, and key brand sales over the years at global and different geographies have been provided.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
The report analyzes the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market in terms of drug type, dosage form, indication, distribution channel, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share for each of them at the end of 2027 has been provided herein. Such valuable insights enable market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investment in the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market.
Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market includes information divided into five sections-drug type, dosage form, indication, distribution channel, and by region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the global Tamiflu (Oseltamivir Phosphate) market have been discussed in detail.
Middle East & Africa