Public & Private Investments to Foster Growth of Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome Treatment Market
The systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market is anticipated to grow from ~US$ 9.8 Bn in 2019 to ~US$ 17.8 Bn by 2027, and this healthy growth is attributable to government initiatives taken towards reducing the mortality rate of patients diagnosed with sepsis. Advancements in SIRS therapeutics are further brought in due to investment firms established in developed countries, who fund numerous clinical development programs that possess the capability of formulating effective drugs.
According to the World Health Organization, 7/100 hospitalized patients are highly susceptible to infections, which can cause sepsis. The patient-susceptibility rate in developing countries exceeds even this seven-one-hundred ratio, which signifies profitable opportunities for the systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market, as consumers tend to gain financial lucidity along with health consciousness.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome Treatment Market
Popularity of SIRS Treatment to Remain High for Treatment of Urinary Tract Infection
The TMR study finds that, revenue from the treatment of urinary tract infection will increase at a CAGR of ~8%, as dehydration, menopause, high consumption of birth control pills, and frequent involvement in sexual activities are leading causes of UTI. According to medical studies, a female’s body has a shorter urethra than a male’s body, which shortens the distance for bacteria to reach the bladder. This makes women more prone to UTI infections as compared to men, and the participation of women in availing SIRS treatment is also high. However, infections caused by unhygienic conditions that lead to the prevalence of autoimmune diseases are likely to hold significant value in the systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market during the forecast period.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Introduction of Effective Therapies and Drugs to Catalyze Market Growth
As concerns regarding the gravity of sepsis increase, market players operate within the range of innovation to develop effective drugs and therapeutics. Among other therapies, CytoSorb®, a specific extracorporeal cytokine adsorber, is emerging as an effective therapy to reduce inflammation and control the failure of vital organs, such as the lungs, kidneys, heart, and brain. Also, as demand for the initial-stage diagnosis of sepsis becomes more prominent, biomarkers were introduced for early detection, treatment, and disposition of the condition.
Besides therapies, ample efforts backed by central and private funding are leading to the development of numerous pipeline drugs. For instance,
Adrenomed AG introduced Adrecizmab, which is deemed effective for the treatment of septic shock. The drug also holds efficiency in preventing vascular damage and keeping intact ideal vascular functions. Led by efficiency, therapeutics and pipeline drugs are projected to uphold demand in the systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market.
Since developed countries remain at the forefront for the development of advanced therapies and drugs, given their sound technical knowledge, partnerships with players in developing countries are seen as a strategic move to gain a reciprocal advantage in the SIRS market. For instance, CytoSorbents Corporation collaborated with Biocon Ltd. to create a huge market for the sales of CytoSorb in overseas territories.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on “Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome Treatment Market”
Authors of the report infer that, the growth of the systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market will be upheld by the technology-intensive approach taken by manufacturers toward the development of sepsis treatment. Extracorporeal blood purification techniques for immunomodulation are gaining momentum in the SIRS treatment market as a potential therapy, while biomarkers and antibody-modified conduits are growing in importance as effective therapeutics.
Leading on the technological scale, North America is anticipated to remain a key investor in the systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market. Also, well-established infrastructure, coupled with magnified focus on the sterility of operation units in the healthcare sector of the region, further complements market growth. However, increasing medical tourism and substantial improvements in the healthcare quality of developing countries in Asia Pacific will bring profitable deals for players in the SIRS market.
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest market report on the systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market for the historical period of 2017 - 2018 and forecast period of 2019 - 2027, rise in the prevalence of systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) and increase in knowledge about SIRS among healthcare professionals boosts the growth of the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market.
- The global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market was valued at ~US$ 9.3 Bn in the year 2018, and is expected to expand at a CAGR of ~8% from 2019 to 2027, to reach a value of ~US$ 17.8 Bn by 2027.
Rise in Prevalence of SIRS: A Key Driver
- Systemic inflammatory response syndrome SIRS is one of the major criteria for determining post-surgical complications and end-organ dysfunction. Development of the syndrome is related to long hospital stay, high incidence of multiple organ dysfunction, and increased morbidity.
- SIRS is among the common post-operative complications in cardiac surgery, leading to organ dysfunction or even death. The prevalence of SIRS among pediatric patients is expected to increase in the near future. An article published by the University of Colorado School of Medicine stated that, out of 56,210 visitors to emergency departments during a 1-year study period, 40,356 pediatric patients met inclusion criteria. Among the included study population, patients with SIRS vital signs accounted for 92.8% of all the visits with fever >38.5°C.
- An article published by the U.S. National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health indicated that, out of 372,844,465 visits to the emergency department from 2007 to 2010, an estimated 17.8% ED visitors had SIRS, i.e., 16.6 million adult ED visits with SIRS per year. This retrospective study was conducted as a part of the National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey (NHAMCS) for four years. The study concluded that SIRS is quite common among visitors to the ED.
- An article published by the American Academy of Neurology stated that, of the 780 patients with ICH, 21.8% developed non-infectious SIRS and 37.3% developed sepsis during hospitalization.
- Therefore, steady rise in the prevalence of SIRS is likely to drive the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market during the forecast period.
Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome Treatment Market: Novel Treatment Approaches
- Cytokine Adsorption: Cytokine adsorption is one of the promising removal technologies for SIRS. Animal and human studies suggest both, pro- and anti-inflammatory cytokines interact in a complex manner and influence the immune system causing multiple end-organ effects. Cytokine adsorption therapy offers a prospective solution to improve outcomes following SIRS.
- Biomarkers: Biomarkers have the potential to improve ED-based diagnosis, treatment, and disposition of SIRS patients. Articles published in a number of journals have highlighted the role of biomarkers in SIRS, and over 100 clinical trials are currently enrolling patients for biomarker testing in sepsis. Currently, there are no biomarkers universally accepted for diagnosis and treatment.
Limited Availability of Therapeutics for SIRS Hampers Market
- Currently, no effective drug for the treatment of SIRS is available in the market. In June 2002, Ono Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. launched Elaspol 100 for Injection, the world's first drug for acute lung injury associated with SIRS.
- However, the net sales of the drug declined from US$ 33.3 Mn in 2013 to US$ 11.4 Mn in 2015. Therefore, there is a need to develop new treatment options for SIRS. Moreover, in May 2003, Ono Pharmaceuticals Ltd. announced the termination of exclusive license agreement on Sivelestat (Elaspol 100 for Injection) with Eli Lilly and Company.
Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome Treatment Market: Competitive Landscape
- This report profiles the major players in the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments.
- Prominent players operating in the global SIRS treatment market include -
- CytoSorbents Corporation
- RegeneRx Biopharmaceuticals, Inc.
- Endacea, Inc.
- Adrenomed AG
- GlaxoSmithKline plc
- Asahi Kasei Corporation
- Cardinal Health
- Smith & Nephew plc
- ConvaTec, Inc.
- Orion Corporation
- CHIESI Farmaceutici S.p.A.
- Mylan N.V.
Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome Treatment Market: Key Developments
Key players in the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market are engaged in the development of new products, mergers & acquisitions, collaborations, and integration. These strategies by industry players are likely to fuel the growth of the systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market. Some of the growth strategies adopted by the players are:
- On March 5, 2019, CytoSorbents Corporation announced the expansion of the direct sales of CytoSorb for all applications to Poland and the Netherlands, and critical care applications to Sweden, Denmark, and Norway. Moreover, the company established CytoSorbents Poland Sp. z.o.o., a wholly-owned subsidiary of CytoSorbents Europe GmbH.
- In May 2018, approved uses of CytoSorb in the EU were expanded to include removal of bilirubin in liver disease and removal of myoglobin in trauma.
- In March 2016, CytoSorbents Corporation established CytoSorbents Switzerland GmbH, a wholly-owned subsidiary of CytoSorbents Europe GmbH, to conduct marketing and direct sales in Switzerland.
- In late June 2012, CytoSorbents Europe GmbH, a European subsidiary of CytoSorbents Corporation was established.
- In March 2011, CytoSorb, was 'CE marked' in the EU as an extracorporeal cytokine filter indicated for use in clinical situations where cytokines are elevated, allowing for commercial marketing.
In the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of manufacturers of SIRS treatment options. The ‘competitive landscape’ section is included in the SIRS treatment report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market.
Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome Treatment Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the systemic inflammatory response syndrome (SIRS) treatment market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market during the forecast period. The report provides the overall revenue of the systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market for the period of 2017–2027, considering 2018 as the base year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global SIRS treatment market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of the top-down and bottom-up approach to study various phenomena in the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market. Key players operating in the global SIRS treatment market are identified, and each one of these have been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market report.
Key Questions Answered in the Systemic inflammatory Response Syndrome Treatment Market Report
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market between 2019 and 2027?
- What is the influence of the changing trends in technologies on the systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment providers?
- Which factors will hamper the growth of the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market?
- What are the opportunities in the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market, and arrive at conclusions on the prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary researches, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers.
These primary and secondary sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment, and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on the future prospects of the global systemic inflammatory response syndrome treatment market more reliably and accurately.
Systemic Inflammatory Response Syndrome Treatment Market – Segmentation
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Hospital & Ambulatory Surgical Centers
Middle East & Africa