Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market
Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market (Product: Analyzers, Kits & Reagents; Technology: ELISA, CLIA, Others; End User: Hospitals, Diagnostic Labs, Blood Banks, Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Advanced Analyzers Provide High-quality Solutions in Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics
New innovations in syphilis analyzers are becoming increasingly mainstream in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market. As such, companies are launching new technologies in analyzers. For instance, in April 2019, Gold Standard Diagnostics - a provider of comprehensive diagnostic solutions, revealed the launch of its proprietary technology with a U.S. patent, which performs serological testing for syphilis.
Advancements in analyzer technologies are creating incremental opportunities for healthcare companies in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market space. There is increasing demand for advanced analyzers in hospitals and blood banks due to increase in the spending capacity of patients with STDs. Companies in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market are innovating in new technologies with the help of dedicated machines to automate rapid plasma regain (RPR) assays. They are improving testing capabilities for laboratories with the help of new software developments to enhance outcomes in patients.
Novel approaches of technological automation and machine learning are being adopted to develop first-of-its-kind diagnostics systems. The combination of approaches is helping clinical laboratories offer high-quality solutions for syphilis testing.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market
On-the-spot Testing Solutions Help Perform Immunoassays in ELISA
The growing trend of on-the-spot testing solutions has led to improvements in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics landscape. For instance, clinical diagnostics company MBio, announced the launch of the LightDeck® platform, an innovative analytical technology that performs quantitative immunoassays and cell based assays. With the help of on-the-spot testing, companies in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market can tap into new business models, such as providing analytical testing services to the veterinary, food, military sectors.
Companies in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market are focused on expanding their product portfolios. They are increasing efforts to manufacture and sell instruments by acquiring licensing for the same. By these efforts, they are supporting the global OEM supply business model associated with various assays and their applications.
Healthcare industries are developing multiplexed immunoassay systems by experimenting on planar waveguide technology and fluorescence imaging. These efforts are being made to support outcomes in the ELISA (enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay) test, since ELISA currently accounts for the highest revenue in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
PCR Gains Popularity as Non-invasive Specimen for Effective Diagnosis of Syphilis
Recent advancements in molecular biology have led to the popularity of molecular diagnosis, such as the polymerase chain reaction (PCR), in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics ecosystem. PCR technology is playing a crucial role in diagnosing syphilis. Healthcare industries in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market are developing various PCR methodologies that can be easily adapted in the clinical and laboratory environment. PCR is being increasingly associated with widespread application and deep exploration in the healthcare space.
Fast developments in PCR have led to advancements in real-time PCR, nested PCR, and multiplex PCR. The high sensitivity and specificity of PCR is well-suited for the diagnosis of early-stage syphilis. On the other hand, routine PCR is well-received in secondary syphilis. Healthcare companies in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market are increasing R&D to detect atypical cases of vertebral, ocular, and tonsillar syphilis with the help of molecular biology. Real-time PCR is gaining increased popularity for its ability to calculate the sum of pathogens that reveal the severity of the infection.
Companies Improve Access to Testing Technologies in LMICs to Prevent Maternal Syphilis
The issue of maternal and child mortality due to syphilis and HIV/AIDS is distinctly prevalent in low- and middle-income countries (LMICs). This is why, healthcare industries in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market are increasing efforts to improve child and maternal health through antenatal care.
At the same time, companies in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics space are innovating in point of care diagnostic services. Although healthcare industries are making progress in the prevention of mother-to-child transmission, several new cases of pediatric infections are still being reported. Thus, companies in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market should improve access to new testing technologies that will reduce the incidence of syphilis infection in LMICs. Along with testing for syphilis, companies should offer convenient testing options such as the dual HIV/syphilis rapid diagnostics test to help patients assess the prevalence of any other bacterial infections.
Companies in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics ecosystem are also increasing the availability of antenatal rapid syphilis testing in LMICs. Undiagnosed and untreated maternal syphilis has catalyzed the demand for antenatal rapid syphilis testing.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Kits and reagents are projected for high growth in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market. Apart from manual testing, healthcare companies are turning toward automating high-quality syphilis test kits with the use of state-of-the-art machines. FDA-cleared automated analyzers are also triggering market growth.
Healthcare providers are increasingly replacing labor-intensive reading with full automatic results that meet the 'results-per-hour' demand. However, the transmission of syphilis during blood donation poses a huge risk for healthcare providers. Hence, companies should educate healthcare providers about thorough health consultation and screening of high-risk groups before blood donation. Companies should invest in developing robust clinical chemistry analyzers that provide automation-ready immunoassays.
Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market and Report Description
- Syphilis is a sexually transmitted disease caused by a bacteria called Treponema pallidum. The most common route of transmission is through contact with an infected person’s sore during sexual activity. The syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market is likely to expand significantly, as syphilis continues to be a global concern.
- Syphilis immunoassay diagnostic tests are vital to ascertain an infection. According to CDC and IUSTI guidelines, blood serological tests for syphilis remain the diagnostic standard. At least one treponemal antigen test (syphilis immunoassay diagnostics) and one non-treponemal antigen test is sufficient to confirm syphilis.
- The global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market was valued at ~US$ 310 Mn in 2018, and is projected to reach ~US$ 380 Mn by 2027.
- The global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~2% during the forecast period of 2019 to 2027.
Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market: Drivers
- Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) have reached become an epidemic across the world. According to 2016 World Health Organizations (WHO) research findings, more than 1 million people acquire sexually transmitted infections (STI), every day, globally.
- Research findings also suggest that, every year, 350 million new cases of one of four (chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis, and trichomoniasis) curable sexually transmitted infections (STIs) occur each year, and out of that, 6 million new cases are found. This is estimated to offer significant opportunities to the syphilis immunoassay diagnostic market.
- Mother-to-child and gestational syphilis is a global concern, and affects more than 1 million pregnant women, globally. This is likely to drive the demand for syphilis immunoassay diagnostics.
- Syphilis is primarily transmitted through sexual activity, and it remains a significant public health issue, worldwide. STDs are caused due to social, economic, and biological factors. STDs disproportionately affect disenfranchised people and people in social networks, in which high-risk sexual behavior is commonly observed, especially when either access to healthcare or health-seeking behavior is compromised. Therefore, socioeconomic factors are also likely to boost the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostic market.
Global Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market: Key Segments
- The global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market has been bifurcated into product, technology, and end user.
- Increasing number of tests and one time uses of reagents are projected to boost the demand for kits & reagents at a high CAGR in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market.
- In terms of end user, diagnostic labs held a dominant share of the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostic market; however, mandatory tests of blood donors is boosting the blood banks segment across the globe.
- Higher efficiency of CLIA technology and low turnaround time as compared to that offered by ELISA technology are projected to drive the demand for CLIA technology in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market during the forecast period.
Global Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market: Trends
- Preparing reagents for testing is a time-consuming job. Ready-to-use reagents offer several advantages as compared to that offered by preparing reagents.
- Ready-to use reagents avoid wastage of time taken for dilutions, calculation, pipetting, and prevents contamination. So, the demand for these reagents is high in hospitals and clinical laboratories, thereby boosting the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market.
- Moreover, technological advancements are closing the gaps for effective diagnosis by providing better diagnostics procedures. Hospitals and labs in emerging economies in Asia Pacific are able to carry larger number of tests for syphilis through advanced analyzers and offer proper treatment options to eradicate syphilis infection. For instance, in June 2016, Thailand became the first country in Asia to eliminate mother-to-child transmission of syphilis, after it successfully reduced transmission rates to less than 2%.
- These factors are having a positive effect on the growth of the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics landscape.
Global Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market: Major Players
- Key players analyzed in this report on the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market are -
- Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Danaher (Beckman Coulter, Inc.)
- Dickinson and Company
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd
- Siemens Healthineers AG
- DiaSorin S.p.A.
- Abbott Laboratories
- Ortho Clinical Diagnostics (a part of Carlyle Group)
- Shenzhen New Industries Biomedical Engineering Co., Ltd.
- bioMérieux SA
- Fujirebio (Miraca Group)
- Strategic mergers & acquisitions, new product launches, and emphasis on research & development are key strategies adopted by major players in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market.
- On October 03, 2017, Abbott announced the acquisition of Alere Inc., a provider of diagnostic devices and services, for nearly US$ 5,300.0 Mn.
- In June 2017, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc. received FDA approval for its BioPlex 2200 syphilis total & RPR assay, a novel testing method for the diagnosis of syphilis infection.
- Major players in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market such as Abbott, Siemens Healthineers AG, F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd, and DiaSorin S.p.A. hold more than 50% share of the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market.
Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market - Scope of the Report
TMR’S report on the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of the same indicators for the said market for the forecast period of 2019 to 2027. The report provides the overall market revenue of the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market for the period of 2017 - 2027, with 2018 as the base year and 2027 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary research. Primary research involves bulk of the research efforts, wherein, analysts carry out interviews with key opinion leaders, industry leaders, and opinion makers. Extensive secondary research involves referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts have employed a combination of the top-down and bottom-up approach to study various phenomena in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market. Key players operating in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market have been identified, and each one of them has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOTs are some of the attributes of the players in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market Report
- What is the sales/revenue expected to be generated by each product type across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the opportunities in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market?
- What are the major drivers, restraints, opportunities, and threats in the syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market?
- Which region is likely to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which syphilis immunoassay diagnostics and technology segments are expected to generate the highest revenue, globally, in 2027? Which segment is projected to expand at the highest CAGR during the forecast period?
- What was the market share or position of different companies operating in the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market in 2018?
Global Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market - Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market begins with an overview of the said market, followed by the scope and objectives of this study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives behind this study, technological advancement in different analyzers, syphilis disease prevalence & incident rate, number of syphilis tests done in the year 2018, cost of the test as per technology, and key mergers & acquisitions in the market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into small sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of the market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Global Syphilis Immunoassay Diagnostics Market - Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market includes information divided into four sections - by product, by technology, by end user, and by region. Changing industry trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with these sections of the global syphilis immunoassay diagnostics market have been discussed in detail.