Swab and Viral Transport Medium Market: Introduction
- Viral transport medium is a collection and transport system used for the collection, transport, and long-term freezing of clinical specimens containing viruses such as COVID-19, chlamydia, mycoplasma, or ureaplasma organisms
- Viral skin swab is an implement lightly rubbed against the skin or vesicles to collect sample. The sample is later sent to laboratories in transport medium.
- In the laboratory, viral cells are cultured and virus identification is performed by the laboratory technician
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Swab and Viral Transport Medium Market
- The global swab and viral transport medium market is primarily driven by increase in demand for swabs & viral transport medium owing to COVID-19 pandemic, rise in use of viral transport medium in microbiology & diagnostic laboratories, and high investment in diagnostic equipment, kits, and accessories
- Increase in the geriatric population, rise in adoption of diagnostic tests, and growth of the diagnostics industry are the other factors projected to drive the global market during the forecast period
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Swab and Viral Transport Medium Market Report
Diagnosis of Certain Viral Infections Segment to Account for Major Share of Global Market
- In terms of application, the global swab and viral transport medium market can be classified into diagnosis of certain viral infections, preclinical testing, and others
- The diagnosis of certain viral infections segment is anticipated to dominate the global market during the forecast period, due to significant demand for diagnostic testing services and increase in number of suppliers of FDA-approved swabs and transport media
- Puritan Medical Products, COPAN Diagnostics, Inc., and Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD) are the manufacturers of FDA-approved nasopharyngeal and oropharyngeal swabs for coronavirus tests
Diagnostic Laboratories to be Highly Lucrative Segment
- Based on end-user, the global swab and viral transport medium market can be categorized into microbiology laboratories, diagnostic laboratories, and others
- The diagnostic laboratories segment is likely to account for major share of the global swab and viral transport medium market by 2027, owing to increase in number of samples being received for testing and high demand for viral transport mediums
North America to Dominate Global Swab and Viral Transport Medium Market
- In terms of region, the global swab and viral transport medium market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to dominate the global swab and viral transport medium market during the forecast period.
- The market in North America is anticipated to be driven by the presence of prominent players, rapid increase in number of diagnostic tests for COVID-19, and exponential rise in number of COVID-19 cases in the U.S.
Expanding Operations in Future? To Get the Perfect Launch Ask for a Custom Swab and Viral Transport Medium Market Report
Key Players Operating in Global Market
The global swab and viral transport medium market is highly fragmented, with a large number of domestic players accounting for major market share. Key players operating in the global swab and viral transport medium market are:
- COPAN Diagnostics, Inc.
- Medical Wire & Equipment (MWE)
- Titan Biotech Ltd.
- Becton, Dickinson and Company
- Puritan Medical Products
- Starplex Scientific, Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific
- Trinity Biotech
Global Swab and Viral Transport Medium Market: Research Scope
Global Swab and Viral Transport Medium Market, by Swab Type
- Nasopharyngeal Swabs
- Oropharyngeal Swabs
Global Swab and Viral Transport Medium Market, by Application
- Diagnosis of Certain Viral Infections
- Preclinical Testing
Global Swab and Viral Transport Medium Market, by End-user
- Microbiology Laboratories
- Diagnostic Laboratories
Global Swab and Viral Transport Medium Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Highlights of the report:
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.