Global Surgical Site Infection (SSI) Market: Overview
A surgical site infection is an infection that happens post-surgery at the area where surgery was done. It can sometimes be extremely superficial involving the skin only. However, some other times it can be more serious and can involve skin along with tissues, organs, or even implanted materials. The global surgical site infection (SSI) market tends to experience remarkable growth in the coming years. This opens the doors of opportunities for various players of the market to make an exceptional profit. The growth of the global surgical site infection market is attributed to the rising variety of surgeries and hospital-acquired infections. On the other hand, increasing awareness and protection measures to prevent surgical site infection is also one of the major reason that is promoting the growth of the global surgical site infection market.
Transparency Market Research enlightens the various facets of the global surgical site infection market. The report showcases various aspects of the market including major driving factors, key trends, major developments, and regional potential.
Global Surgical Site Infection (SSI) Market: Notable Development
The global surgical site infection market comprises of the various organization working on a consolidated atmosphere. The organizations are involved in various strategic mergers and collaborations in order to expand their customer base and range. For instance;
- In June 2016 Dismed Pharmaceutical (Pty.) Ltd. and Dismed Criticare (Pty.) were acquired by B Braun Medical, the South African subsidiary of B Braun Melsungen AG. This acquisition helped B Braun Medical to cater to its customers in South Africa with the offering of a well-maintained portfolio of effective medical care solutions.
- In January 2018 Mölnlycke Health Care AB joined hands with Tissue Analytics, a wound-imaging platform developer. This partnership allowed both businesses to cumulatively develop and commercialize innovative digital SSI solutions for wound care professionals.
- In October 2018, 3M Company launched its new product SoluPrep Film-Forming Sterile Surgical Solution. The company declared that the new surgical infection control product is a 2% chlorhexidine gluconate and 70% isopropyl alcohol surgical skin preparation solution.
Global Surgical Site Infection (SSI) Market: Key Drivers
The global surgical site infection market is majorly driven by factors such as the increasing number of surgical procedures, various technological advancements, growing geriatric population, and hike in the cases of surgical site infection. SSI is most prevalent in the area of low economy and awareness. Various initiatives have been taken to provide solutions to these regions. Such initiatives are also one of the most prominent driving factors for the growth of global surgical site infection market.
With the increasing cases of SSI, the healthcare expenditure of people has also risen. This awareness and extra expenditure on preventing SSI are also fueling the growth of global surgical site infection market.
Global Surgical Site Infection (SSI) Market: Regional Dominance
The market of surgical site infection has its presence across the globe. However, the region of North America shall dominate the rest of the region in the forecast period of 2018 to 2026. This growth is attributed to the well-established healthcare industry in the region. Also, the presence of some of the prominent player in the region makes North America as a dominating region of surgical site infection market in the forecast period.
The region of Asia Pacific shall follow North America in terms of growth of surgical site infection market. This is because of the increasing number of geriatric population in the region. Also, the influx of advances products for SSI prevention in the healthcare industry of Asia Pacific shall aid the growth of surgical site infection market.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.