Surgical Drapes Market
Surgical Drapes Market (Type: Incise, Sheets, Laproscopy, Lithotomy, Laparotomy, Leggings, and Others; Usability: Disposable and Reusable; Material: Nonwoven and Woven; End User: Hospitals, Specialty Clinics, Ambulatory Surgical Centers [ASCs], Nursing Homes, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Clear Plastic Drapes Limit Exposure to Coronavirus through Airway Procedures
Enhanced draping methods are being used during airway procedures amidst the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak. Companies in the surgical drapes market are diversifying their production capabilities in clear plastic drapes, which effectively limit aerosolization and droplet spray during extubation. This is necessary since prolonged exposure during surgical manipulation of the upper airway increases the risk of transmission of viral particles to healthcare providers.
Manufacturers in the surgical drapes market are increasing their output capacities in clear plastic drapes, as enclosed nature of operating rooms increase the risk of particle transmission during surgical airway procedures. They are manufacturing disposable arm sleeves and bed drapes to minimize the exposure to coronavirus.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Surgical Drapes Market
Innovative Materials Increasing Availability of ISO-certified Products
In order to avoid infections caused by reusable drapes, companies in the surgical drapes market are manufacturing disposable drapes. Welmed— a provider of disposable medical products, is delivering disposable surgical drapes in a variety of materials such as polyethylene (PE), Tri-Lam Heavy Duty, Protect5, and ClearView options to meet clinical needs.
Manufacturers in the surgical drapes market are increasing their production capabilities in orthopedic drapes, cystoscopy drapes, and obstetric drapes, among others. This explains why the market is projected to reach the revenue of US$ 4.1 Bn by 2030. ISO (International Organization for Standardization)-certified products are being preferred by surgeons.
Iodophor-impregnated Adhesive Drapes Prevent Incidences of SSIs in Patients
Adhesive plastic incise drapes impregnated with antimicrobial agents are used in a patient’s skin after the completion of the surgical site preparation. This drape acts as a microbial barrier to prevent the migration of microorganisms from the skin to the operative site. However, it has been found that these drapes also lead to increased recolonization of the skin, resulting in antiseptic preparation underneath the adhesive drapes compared to the use of no drapes.
Surgical sight infections (SSI) are inhibiting the growth for the surgical drapes market. Hence, companies in the surgical drapes market are recommending the use of iodophor-impregnated adhesive drapes to prevent incidences of SSIs in patients. They are adhering to the guidelines issued by the United Kingdom (UK) National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) to boost their credibility credentials.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Standardized Absorbent Reinforcement Materials in Drapes Provide Enhanced Protection
Disposable robotic surgical drapes are a breakthrough innovation in the surgical drapes market. These drapes are especially designed for patient safety, and are gaining prominence in minimally invasive robotic surgeries and computer-assisted surgeries. Manufacturers in the surgical drapes market are increasing their R&D in sterile and robotic friendly clear leggings.
On the other hand, manufacturers are introducing triple access angiography drapes. Patent approved designs in these drapes are helping manufacturers to capitalize on incremental opportunities. Cardinal Health, Inc.— a U.S. multinational healthcare services company is offering standardized absorbent reinforcement material in drapes to provide a more consistent look, feel, and experience to clinicians. Manufacturers are complying with the guidelines issued by the Association for the Advancement of Medical Instrumentation (AAMI) to meet industry’s protection standards.
Cesarean Drapes with Clear Anesthesia Screens Improve Clinical Outcomes
Patient-centric care and clinical input are helping companies in the surgical drapes market to gain recognition. Clear anesthesia screen on drapes allows for a family-centered cesarean experience. Cesarean birth drapes with clear anesthesia screens are facilitating visual contact for patients to promote better maternal bonding. In order to improve patient quality of life, companies in the surgical drapes market are providing educational demonstration videos to improve clinical outcomes.
Unmet patient and clinician’s need in labor and delivery settings have fueled the demand for cesarean birth drapes with clear anesthesia screens. Manufacturers are targeting countries in the U.S., since it has been found that a high percentage of women undergo C-section.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Surgical Drapes Market
The Indian Government has amended export policies for surgical drapes, isolation aprons, and X ray gowns during the ongoing COVID-19 crisis to keep economies running. Robotic surgical drapes are a game changer in the surgical drapes market, thus enabling minimally invasive computer-assisted surgeries. However, SSIs in patients associated with adhesive surgical drapes are creating hurdles for healthcare providers. This explains why the market is expected to progress at a modest CAGR of 4% during the forecast period. Hence, companies should increase the availability of iodophor-impregnated adhesive drapes to prevent the incidences of SSIs in patients. Cesarean birth drapes with clear anesthesia screens are promoting better maternal bonding during delivery.
Surgical Drapes Market: Overview
- Surgical drapes are sterile fabrics or fabric-like material, which protect the surgical site from microorganisms present on surrounding non-sterile surfaces
- Various types of surgical drapes available in the market include incise, sheets, laproscopy, lithotomy, laparotomy, and leggings
- The global surgical drapes market has been expanding significantly for the last decade due to increase in the number of surgical procedures performed globally and rise in the geriatric population
- Different types of material used in the manufacturing of surgical drapes include nonwoven and woven. Surgical drapes are available in both forms, i.e. disposables or reusable.
Surgical Drapes Market: Drivers
- Rise in the number of surgeries fuels the demand for surgical drapes. According to CDC, 32% of all live births in the U.S. were cesarean deliveries. Cesarean section is a highly common procedure performed in the European Union (EU). This procedure is performed 1.4 million times in Europe annually. Globally, 21% of babies are born via C-section and around 32.7 of babies in Australia are born via C-section. Increase in the number of injury cases is projected to boost the global surgical drapes market during the forecast period.
- Increase in the geriatric population fuels the demand for surgical drapes. Geriatric people are highly susceptible to chronic diseases and undergo different surgeries. Rise in global population aged 65 years or above is anticipated to have a positive impact on the surgical drapes market in the near future. According to a report by the U.S. Census Board in 2016, people aged 60 years or above represented nearly 18% of the country’s total population, and the percentage is expected to increase to 21% by 2030.
Market Segmentation: Surgical Drapes Market
- In terms of type, the global surgical drapes market has been divided into incise, sheets, laproscopy, lithotomy, laparotomy, leggings and others. The incise segment is likely to dominate the global surgical drapes market during the forecast period.
- Based on usability, the global surgical drapes market has been classified into disposable and reusable
- In terms of material, the global surgical drapes market has been bifurcated into nonwoven and woven. Furthermore, the nonwoven segment of the surgical drapes market has been further sub-segmented into polypropylene, polyethylene, polyamide & polyester, and others.
- In terms of end user, the global surgical drapes market has been categorized into hospitals, specialty clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, nursing homes, and others. The hospitals segment dominated the global surgical drapes market, in terms of revenue, in 2019.
- Each of the segments has been analyzed in detail for surgical drapes market trends, recent trends, and developments; drivers, restraints, opportunities, and useful insights. The report provides current and expected revenue (US$ Mn) for each of these segments from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year. The compound annual growth rate (% CAGR) has been provided for each segment and market from 2020 to 2030, along with market size estimations.
Regional Overview: Surgical Drapes Market
- In terms of region, the global surgical drapes market has been divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. The regions have been divided into major countries and sub-regions.
- The current and expected market revenue (US$ Mn) of these regional markets and their major countries have been provided in the report from 2018 to 2030, with their CAGRs from 2020 to 2030
- The study also offers a list of recommendations, highlights, and useful insights of the global surgical drapes market, which would help new companies willing to enter the market and existing companies to increase market share and in the decision-making process
- The surgical drapes market report concludes with the company profiles section, which includes key information about major players operating in the global surgical drapes market
- Leading players analyzed in the surgical drapes market report include
- Cardinal Health
- PAUL HARTMANN AG
- Mölnlycke Health Care AB
- Medica Europe BV
- STERIS plc.
- Medline Industries, Inc.
- Each of these players has been profiled in the surgical drapes market report based on parameters such as company overview, financial overview, business strategies, product portfolio, business segments, and recent developments
Surgical Drapes Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global surgical drapes market studies past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators of the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides revenue of the global surgical drapes market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2018 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global surgical drapes market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global surgical drapes market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, company presentations, sales data, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global surgical drapes market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on the changing competitive dynamics in the global surgical drapes market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global surgical drapes market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global surgical drapes market. Key players operating in the global surgical drapes market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global surgical drapes market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Surgical Drapes Market Report
- What is the scope of growth for product companies in the global surgical drapes market?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global surgical drapes market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global surgical drapes market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for surgical drapes?
- Which factors are anticipated to hamper the global surgical drapes market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global surgical drapes market?
A unique methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global surgical drapes market and arrive at conclusions on its growth prospects. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during the production of the global surgical drapes market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the surgical drapes market as primary methods.
These primary research respondents have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from the surgical drapes market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases enabled this report to address specific details and questions about the global surgical drapes market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the revenue of each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global surgical drapes more reliably and accurately.
Surgical Drapes Market – Segmentation