Surgical Face Masks Market
Surgical Face Masks Market (Product: Surgical Masks and N95 Masks; Usage: Disposable and Reusable; Mask Type: Tie-on, Earloop, and Others; Protection Type: High Barrier, Moderate Barrier, and Low Barrier; Material: Cellulose, Polypropylene, and Others; End User: Hospitals, Diagnostic Laboratories, Clinics, Academic & Research Centers, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
Press Release :
Can Face Masks Flatten COVID-19 Curve?
Coronavirus (COVID-19) is arguably a preventable disease, which has skyrocketed the demand for disposable, N95, and other types of surgical face masks from general public and healthcare professionals. Clinova— a U.K.-based global digital consumer healthcare company suggests that wearing a mask prevents a high percentage of coronavirus droplets from entering into the respiratory system of healthy humans, thus rendering the importance of wearing surgical face masks when individuals venture outdoors. Hence, companies in the surgical face masks market are capitalizing on this trend to accelerate their production capabilities, as there is an unprecedented demand for PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) from healthcare professionals amidst the COVID-19 pandemic.
On the other hand, respiratory face masks are becoming popular for effective protection against oily aerosols, fine dust, and even infection respiratory pathogens. Hence, companies in the surgical face masks market are growing increasingly aware about high-speed converting lines to boost their production levels.
To know the scope of our report Get a Sample on Surgical Face Masks Market
High-speed Converting Lines Accelerate Production of Surgical Face Masks
The surgical face masks market is projected to grow at a striking CAGR of ~11% during the assessment period. This indicates a continuous demand for disposable and reusable masks in hospital settings and diagnostic lab environments. Hence, innovators in the surgical face masks market are introducing high-speed converting lines to accelerate the production of masks. Recently, in April 2020, Andritz AG— an Austrian plant engineering group, announced the launch of their fully automatic and high-speed converting line that accelerates the production of surgical face masks.
Get a glimpse of the in-depth analysis through our Report Brochure
High-speed converting lines are being increasingly used to manufacture disposable face masks. This is evident since the revenue of disposable face masks is expected to exponentially grow in the market for surgical face masks. These novel converting lines are generating incremental opportunities for face mask manufacturers in the domain of N95 and FFP2 (Filtering FacePiece) masks.
Researchers Develop Safe Substance-formulations to Render Viruses Harmless upon Contact with Masks
It has been found that not all surgical face masks are effective in containing the spread of diseases. Hence, researchers are making innovative improvements in surgical face masks that not just trap viruses but also render them harmless. For instance, Hyo-Jick Choi, a professor at the University of Alberta Department of Chemical and Materials Engineering, developed a salt formulation that can be applied to the filters of the masks in order to deactivate the virus particles. Thus, companies in the surgical face masks market should collaborate with such researchers to make new improvements in masks.
Companies in the surgical face masks market are increasing their R&D activities to understand the dynamics of simple chemistry to innovate in masks. They are also increasing efforts to improve the efficacy of the fiber filter inside the masks. Experimental scientists are using safe substances such as table salt to develop formulations that render viruses harmless upon contact.
Reusable Surgical Masks Help Reduce Environmental Footprint and Promote Recyclability
The surgical face masks market is estimated to cross a revenue mark of ~US$ 13 Bn by the end of 2030. However, the issue of plastic pollution is likely to hamper the growth of the surgical face masks market. As such, the revenue of polypropylene (PP) masks is anticipated to grow aggressively in the market for surgical face masks. However, PP masks break down into micro-plastics that are potentially killing the aquatic ecosystem and wildlife.
An overuse of PP masks has led to increased recycling activities. However, the adoption of recycling processes is still in its nascent stage. Hence, companies in the market for surgical face masks are increasing the awareness about reusable masks that help to significantly reduce environmental footprint.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
The ongoing COVID-19 outbreak is encouraging manufacturers to maximize their production capabilities to meet the demands pertaining to high performance filtration media for surgical face masks in Italy. The novel salt crystallization mechanism is being adopted in filter materials of masks to render viruses harmless upon contact with masks.
Disposable PP masks are under scrutiny for increasing the environmental footprint. Hence, companies in the surgical face masks market should promote the adoption of reusable masks to reduce the carbon footprint. Sterilization of reusable masks is helping to reduce the micro-plastic pollution in aquatic ecosystems and wildlife. However, even after sterilization, reusable masks are potentially less protective than disposable masks and healthcare systems are reluctant to adopt the time-consuming procedures of sterilization and washing. Thus, healthcare facilities are opting for masks that best suit their requirements.
Surgical Face Masks Market: Overview
- The global surgical face masks market was valued at ~US$ 2 Bn in 2019 and is projected to expand at a high CAGR from 2020 to 2030. Surgical face mask, also known as procedure mask, medical mask, or face mask, is primarily intended for healthcare professionals during surgeries or procedures. These masks are designed to protect the wearer from contacting infections. N95 masks or respirators provide better protection against particulate matter and airborne bacteria and viruses. The global surgical face masks market is driven by rise in prevalence of infectious diseases, increase in number of people suffering from respiratory diseases, surge in pandemic of coronavirus, and rise in the number of surgeries performed globally.
Surgical Face Masks Market: Segmentation
- The global surgical face masks market has been segmented based on product, usage, mask type, protection type, material, end user, and region
- In terms of product, the global surgical face masks market has been categorized into surgical masks, N95 masks, and barrier masks. The surgical masks segment has been split into basic masks, anti-fog masks, and fluid/splash masks. The N95 masks segment has been bifurcated into with valve and without valve.
- Based on usage, the global surgical face masks market has been classified into disposable and reusable. In terms of mask type, the global surgical face masks market has been divided into tie-on, earloop, and others. Based on protection type, the global surgical face masks market has been categorized into high barrier, moderate barrier, and low barrier.
- In terms of material, the global surgical face masks market has been classified into cellulose, polypropylene, and others. Based on end user, the global surgical face masks market has been split into hospitals, diagnostic laboratories, clinics, academic & research centers, and others.
Surgical Face Masks Market: Regional Segmentation
- In terms of region, the global surgical face masks market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global market in 2018 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period
- The surgical face masks market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a high CAGR from 2020 to 2030. Growth of the market in the region can be attributed to increase in number of patients suffering from infectious diseases and focus of leading players on strengthening presence in emerging markets.
Surgical Face Masks Market: Major Players
- Key players operating in the global surgical face masks market include 3M Company, Ansell Limited, Honeywell International, Inc., Henry Schein, Inc., Kimberly Clark Corporation, Medline Industries, Inc., Halyard Health (part of Owens & Minor), Mölnlycke Health Care AB, JMS Co. Ltd., and Sterimed Group
- These players focus on enhancing their production capabilities to meet the burgeoning demand for surgical face masks, owing to the growing coronavirus pandemic. In March 2020, the 3M Company entered into a partnership with Ford Motor Company to increase the production of 3M’s powered air purifying respirators, or PAPRs. 3M and Ford entered into a collaboration to combine their complementary capabilities and resources in order to meet the surging demand for personal protective equipment.
- 3M Company also doubled its production of N95 respirators at a rate of nearly 100 million masks per month, or over 1.1 billion per year. In the U.S., the company has been producing over 35 million respirators per month, with 90% of these masks designated for healthcare workers.
Surgical Face Masks Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global surgical face masks market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the global market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the overall revenue of the global surgical face masks market from 2018 to 2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR) for the global surgical face masks market for the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after an extensive research. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with market leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ product literature, annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global surgical face masks market.
Secondary research also included Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts also employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomena in the global surgical face masks market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth pattern of various segments and sub-segments included in the scope of the study. Additionally, the report sheds light on the changing competition dynamics in the global surgical face masks market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in participating in the global surgical face masks market. The next section of the report highlights the USPs, which include pricing analysis, differences between surgical face masks and N95 masks, surgical face masks - manufacturing capabilities expansion, and Covid-19 pandemic impact in the global surgical face masks market.
The report delves into the competitive landscape of the global surgical face masks market. Key players operating in the global surgical face masks market have been identified and each one of these has been profiled for its distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players profiled in the global surgical face masks market report.
Key Questions Answered in Surgical Face Masks Market Report
- What will be the sales revenue generated by surgical face masks across all regions during the forecast period?
- What are the key trends in the global surgical face masks market?
- What are major drivers, restraints, and opportunities in the global surgical face masks market?
- Which regional market is set to expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
- Which application segment will generate the maximum revenue by 2030 and which product segment will expand at the fastest CAGR during the forecast period?
Surgical Face Masks Market – Research Objectives and Research Approach
The comprehensive report on the global surgical face masks market begins with an overview of the market, followed by the scope and objectives of the study. Following this, the report provides detailed explanation of the objectives of the study and healthcare compliances laid down by accredited agencies in the purview of research in the global surgical face masks market. It is followed by market introduction, market dynamics, and an overview of the global surgical face masks market, which includes TMR’s analysis of market drivers, restraints, and trends affecting the market. Furthermore, Y-o-Y growth analysis with elaborate insights has been provided to understand the Y-o-Y growth trends of the global market. The next section of the global surgical face masks market report highlights the USPs, which include pricing analysis, differences between surgical face masks and N95 masks, surgical face masks - manufacturing capabilities expansion, and COVID-19 pandemic impact on the global surgical face masks market.
For reading comprehensibility, the report has been compiled in a chapter-wise layout, with each section divided into smaller sections. The entire report comprises an exhaustive collection of graphs and tables that are appropriately interspersed in the entire compilation. Pictorial representation of actual and projected values of key segments is visually appealing to readers. This also allows comparison of market shares of key segments in the past and at the end of the forecast period.
Revenue generated by key players in the global surgical face masks market has been mapped to ascertain the size of the market in terms of value. The forecast presented here assesses the total revenue generated in the global surgical face masks market. In order to provide an accurate forecast, we initiated by sizing up the current surgical face masks market with the help of the parent market.
The report analyzes the global surgical face masks market in terms of product, usage, mask type, protection type, material, end user, and region. Key segments under each criteria have been studied at length and the market share of each of these by the end of 2030 has been provided. These valuable insights would help market stakeholders in making informed business decisions for investments in the global surgical face masks market.
Surgical Face Masks Market – Segmentation
Academic & Research Centers
Middle East & Africa