Sun Protective Clothing Market: Introduction
- Sun protective clothing refers to the clothing specially designed for sun protection. It is made from a fabric which is rated for ultraviolet protection. Sun protective clothing blocks or absorbs harmful UV radiation and offers protection from sun burn, sun damage, and skin cancer. Sun protective clothing is recommended to be worn during warm and humid weather. Some clothing and UV-blocking textiles are designed with ventilated weaves, antibacterial properties, and moisture wicking to provide breathability and cooling.
Key Drivers of the Global Sun Protective Clothing Market
- Rising prevalence of skin cancer among the populace is a major factor which is increasing the adoption of sun protecting clothing and subsequently boosts the growth of the sun protective clothing market.
- Increasing awareness regarding preventive measures for skin damage, sunburn, and other skin diseases leads to the increasing adoption of sun protective clothing around the world.
- Changing lifestyles and rising disposable income is propelling the demand for skincare products which includes skincare apparel, thus driving the growth of the sun protective clothing market. Additionally, the rising prevalence of sunburn cases among children is a major concern among parents as overexposure to UV radiation may lead to skin cancer and is a factor that contributes to the growth of the sun protecting clothing market globally.
Factors Restraining the Global Sun Protective Clothing Market
- High cost of sun protective clothing as compared to regular apparel is a major factor that may hinder the growth of the market globally.
- Availability of alternative products for skincare such as sunscreen lotions & creams, tan removal products, and body packs can restrict the demand for such clothing and subsequently lower the growth of the sun protective clothing market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Sun Protective Clothing Market, Request for a Sample
Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of geography, the global sun protective clothing market can be divided into five regions: North America (NA), Europe (EU), Asia Pacific (APAC), Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America (SA)
- North America country-level analysis features the U.S., Canada, and Rest of North America. Analysis and forecast of the sun protective clothing market in Europe includes markets across the U.K., Germany, France, and Rest of Europe. Similarly, Asia Pacific includes India, China, Japan, and Rest of Asia Pacific. Middle East & Africa includes the sun protective clothing market analysis and forecast of GCC countries, South Africa, and Rest of Middle East & Africa. The South America sun protective clothing market is segmented into Brazil, and Rest of South America.
- North America accounted for largest share of the global sun protective clothing market due to increasing awareness about sun protective apparel, changing fashion trends, and high income among people in the region. Additionally, numerous manufacturers in North America with a large customer base is a factor driving the growth of the sun protective clothing market in the region.
- The sun protective clothing market in the Asia Pacific region is projected to expand rapidly during the forecast period due to rising awareness about skincare among women that leads to the increasing adoption of sun protective apparel. Moreover, availability of these apparel on online platforms makes it more popular and helps to boost the growth of the sun protective clothing market in this region.
Key Players Operating in the Global Market
Manufacturers in the sun protective clothing market have analyzed the preference and demand for sun protective apparel. Manufacturers are focused on fulfilling the individual demand and launching different fashion trends and patterns in such clothing. Several companies are increasing their R&D activities to design stylish and innovative apparel with ultraviolet protection feature, which is propelling the growth of the sun protective clothing market globally.
A few of the key players operating in the global sun protective clothing market are:
- Columbia Sportswear Company
- Coolibar Sun Protective Clothing
- ExOfficio, LLC
- Nike, Inc.
- Patagonia, Inc.
- Recreational Equipment, Inc.
- Stingray International
- The North Face
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Sun Protective Clothing Market: Research Scope
Global Sun Protective Clothing Market, by Product Type
- Top Wear
- Tees & Tops
- Wraps, Hoodies & Jackets
- Others (Dresses, Beach Cover-ups, etc.)
- Bottom Wear
- Pants & Capris
- Skirts, Skorts & Shorts
- Scarves & Bandanas
- Gloves & Sleeves
- Others (Sun Hats, Swimwear, etc.)
Global Sun Protective Clothing Market, by Material
- Others (Lycra, Canvas, etc.)
Global Sun Protective Clothing Market, by Pricing
Global Sun Protective Clothing Market, by End-user
- Kids & Baby
Global Sun Protective Clothing Market, by Distribution Channel
- E-commerce Portal
- Company Owned Portal
- Large Format Stores
- Specialty Stores
- Others (Small Stores, etc.)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.