Sulfamic Acid Market
Sulfamic Acid Market (Form: Crystal, Powder, and Liquid; and Application: Industrial Equipment & Domestic Appliances [Descaling], Dyes & Pigments, Paper & Pulp, Acid Cleaning, Electroplating & Electro-refining, Sulfation & Sulfamation, Chlorine Stabilization, and Others) – Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Supply Chain Disruptions Due to COVID-19 Outbreak to Hamper Market Growth
The coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak has caused ripple effects in the macroeconomic system of the sulfamic acid market. Complete and/or partial closure of factories has hampered imports and exports of many end-use industries. As such, manufacturers are increasing efforts to maintain steady supply chains for essential applications such as descaling of industrial equipment & domestic appliances, acid cleaning, and electroplating.
Since individuals have become more conscious about sanitization and hygiene, companies in the sulfamic acid market are increasing their production capabilities in cleaning agents to keep economies running. Since sulfamic acid is one of the key ingredients in antiepileptic drugs and anticancer drugs, manufacturers are focusing on healthcare applications.
Reduced Chances of Adulteration and Others Offset Disadvantages of Sulfamic Acid
Sulfamic acid is increasingly replacing hydrochloric acid, owing to its advantages of being less corrosive to metals. However, sulphamic acid is prone to cause fire or explosion hazard if reacted violently with bases, nitric acid or chlorine. As such, high shelf life and reduced chances of adulteration tend to offset its disadvantages. Manufacturers in the sulfamic acid market are investing in partner facilities that are FDA (Food and Drug Administration) and ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certified.
Companies in the U.S. sulfamic acid market are associated with manufacturing sites in Dubai, China, and India. Such production strategies are helping manufacturers to earn the title of multi-national chemical manufacturers. Food grade chemicals are in demand for producing artificial sweeteners.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Sulfamic Acid Market
Preventative Maintenance after Well Rehabilitation Work Crucial to Avoid Biofouling
Manufacturers in the sulfamic acid market are unlocking growth opportunities in the production of dyes, pigments, and dyeing of leather. This explains why the market is predicted to reach a value of US$ 226 Mn by the end of 2030. Companies are establishing steady revenue streams in well rehabilitation applications. They are focused on providing tailored solutions to well rehabilitation issues, even involving well construction and aquifer details.
There is growing awareness about the cleaning of pump discharge pipes and distribution lines when biological, chemical or physical plugging have occurred. Since biofouling of wells can be very problematic for some owners, manufacturers in the sulfamic acid market are educating owners to conduct regular monitoring and preventative maintenance after well rehabilitation work has been completed.
Flexible Manufacturing Capabilities Help Companies to Leverage Chlorine Stabilization Applications
Companies in the sulfamic acid market are increasing their output capacities in technical, high grade, and pure grade products. For instance, Vishnupriya Chemicals— an ISO-certified company based in Hyderabad, India, is increasing the availability of technical grade sulfamic acid, which eliminates the need of corrosion inhibitors for chlorine stabilization in swimming pools. As such, the paper & pulp industry has fueled the demand for high-grade sulfamic acid. Pure grade sulfamic acid is gaining prominence in lab reagents and chemical synthesis applications.
Moreover, treatment of boilers and calorifiers is convenient with sulfamic acid. Manufacturers in the sulfamic acid market are building their portfolio in flexible manufacturing capabilities.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Latest Research Tools Enable New Product Offerings
Dedicated chemists are playing a vital role in delivering innovation and manufacturing excellence. Milliken— a manufacturer of specialty chemicals and intermediates is collaborating with chemists to adopt a robust choice in equipment and customer service. Dedicated laboratory asset combined with customer focused supply team help in scaling up new products in the sulfamic acid market. ISO 9001 and 14001 certified manufacturing & environmental expertise is preferred for on-site biological wastewater treatment.
Manufacturers in the sulfamic acid market are investing in solids separation and filtration equipment to gain a competitive edge over other market players. They are making use of latest research tools to prepare product samples meant for optimization and customer testing. Companies are gaining proficiency in custom manufacturing and blending capabilities.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Sulfamic Acid Market
Since companies in the U.S. are dependent on India, China, and Dubai for manufacturing technical grade sulfamic acid, their multinational trade activities have been affected due to the onset of COVID-19. This is evident since this market in Asia Pacific is expected to generate the highest revenue by 2030 compared to North America and Europe. However, the sulfamic acid market is slated to register a modest CAGR of ~5% during the assessment period, since this acid is prone to be explosive if reacted violently with bases, nitric acid or chlorine. Hence, manufacturers should adopt latest research tools and best in class equipment to develop products that are tailored according to the needs of clients.
Sulfamic Acid Market: Introduction
- Sulfamic acid is non-hygroscopic and stable. It is soluble in water and formamide, and slightly soluble in concentrated acetone, sulfuric acid, methanol, and ether. It is produced from fuming urea and sulfuric acid, and classified as a strong inorganic acid.
- Sulfamic acid with diluted aqueous solution is stable for extended periods at room temperature. However, rapid hydrolysis arises at high temperatures. Furthermore, sulfamic acid is considered less corrosive to metals as compared to other strong acids, including hydrochloric acid. Sulfamic acid retains scale solubilizing capacity; therefore, it is considered an ideal choice for the removal of scale from boilers, cooling towers, coils, heat exchangers condensers, and a wide range of heating and cooling systems. This leads to efficiency of the plant and equipment.
- Sulfamic acid helps remove excessive nitrides used in diazotization reactions in the production of dyes and pigments. It also helps remove nitrides in process water of emissions. Pigment and dye products are primarily employed in various end-use industries such as printing, packaging, consumer, and construction.
- Pigments are used widely in the formulation of paints, as they add color. Besides adding color, pigments improve esthetic features of paints and coatings and impart a glossy effect to them. Usage of pigments helps impart brightness, heat stability, and light stability to paints.
- Sulfamic acid permits bleaching at high temperatures, inhibits pulp degradation due to its temperature at chlorination, and lowers pH without losing strength in the paper & pulp industry. It is an ideal choice in paper making primarily due to its less corrosive properties. Paper & pulp products are primarily employed in various end-use industries such as packaging, printing, consumer goods, and construction.
- The global packaging industry has been expanding since the last few years. It is relatively small market; however, demand for pulp in textile applications has been rising. Additionally, various labs and development centers are developing a broad range for new applications and usages for wood and its components.
- Demand for packaging of food has been increasing, due to rise in awareness about the value of packaging that helps provide food in its original form without the addition of preservatives. The food industry has been using packaging in the form of bag-in-box and pouch packages. Packaging of food with the bag-in-box technique is usually carried out at an industrial level; for instance, packaging of large quantities of processed tomatoes as an intermediate product for ketchups. On the other hand, pouches are used in ready-to-eat food packages, fresh fruit packages, etc.
Rise in Demand for Powder-based Sulfamic Acid
- In terms of form, powder was the leading segment with more than 45% share of the global sulfamic acid market in 2019. The segment is projected to continue its dominance between 2020 and 2030. The powder segment also offers lucrative opportunities. Sulfamic acid is effective agent for descaling; it is utilized for cleaning a number of industrial equipment and domestic appliances. It is utilized for cleaning boilers, condensers, heat exchangers, descaling toilets, removing excess grout on tiles, jackets and coils, efflorescence other deposits of mineral deposits, etc.
- Rise in usage of powder in packaging applications is another factor driving the segment growth. Major manufacturers of paper widely use powder for key applications.
Growth in Dyes & Pigments Application Segment
- In terms of application, dyes & pigments was the leading segment with more than 20% share of the global sulfamic acid market in 2019. The segment is projected to continue its dominance between 2020 and 2030. Dyes & pigments segment is expected to be a highly attractive segment of the sulfamic acid market during the forecast period. Large amount of sulfamic acid are used in the production end-use products using dyes & pigments.
- The usage of sulfamic acid in industrial applications has increased since the past few years. It is estimated to rise further due to the acid cleaning property of these products. The descaling segment offers relatively low opportunity in the market; however, the usage of these products is estimated to increase during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to Lead Sulfamic Acid Market
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific constituted prominent share of the global sulfamic acid market in 2019. The sulfamic acid market in the region is estimated to continue to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period. Asia Pacific held more than 40% share of the global sulfamic acid market in 2019.
- Demand for sulfamic acid is high in Asia Pacific, particularly in China and India, owing to increase in consumption of sulfamic acid products in paper packaging, plastics, pharmaceutical, and pigment applications in the country
- The market for sulfamic acid in Asia Pacific is estimated to expand significantly in the near future due to the increase in demand for these products in China. Asia Pacific poised to be highly attractive region of the global sulfamic acid market. Constant rise in demand for sulfamic acid in China and India is the primary factor driving the sulfamic acid market in Asia Pacific.
- Growth in R&D activities and rise in applications of sulfamic acid are projected to boost the demand for sulfamic acid in Europe during the forecast period
Sulfamic Acid Market: Competition Landscape
- Manufacturers are continuously focusing on expanding their production capacities in order to meet the demand for sulfamic acid in various end-use industries in developed and developing countries
- Prominent players operating in the global sulfamic acid market are
- Brenntag NV
- Raviraj Group
- Nissan Chemical Corporation
- Spectrum Chemical Manufacturing Corp.
- Redox Pty Ltd.
- VWR International
- Parchem fine & specialty chemicals
- ACURO ORGANICS LIMITED
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Palm Commodities International
- Tangshan Sanding Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Shree Sulphamic Chemicals
- Laizhou Guangcheng Chemical Co., Ltd
Sulfamic Acid Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the global sulfamic acid market provides readers with an assessment of the landscape of the market with the help of a comprehensive outlook. This study on the global sulfamic acid market analyzes the market for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year. The report enables readers to make important decisions regarding their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the global sulfamic acid market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides understanding of drivers, restraints, opportunities, and market trends.
Key Questions Answered in Sulfamic Acid Market Report
- How much revenue is the global sulfamic acid market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the sulfamic acid market?
- What are the factors anticipated to drive the global sulfamic acid market during the forecast period?
- Which region is likely to be highly lucrative for the sulfamic acid market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders of the global sulfamic acid market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the global sulfamic acid market?
This report answers these questions about the global sulfamic acid market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
Sulfamic Acid Market – Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global sulfamic acid market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global sulfamic acid market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the global sulfamic acid market arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the global sulfamic acid market by using bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global sulfamic acid market, along with an overview of the market, is provided on the basis of a careful examination of growth opportunities. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global sulfamic acid market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Sulfamic Acid Market – Segmentation
This report on the global sulfamic acid market segments the market based on form, application, and region. This study also discusses underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the global sulfamic acid market, along with their influence on the growth of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis and value chain analysis of the global sulfamic acid market in order to elaborate on crucial growth strategies of players operating in the regional market. Driving the global sulfamic acid market, along with their influence on the growth of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis and value chain analysis of the global sulfamic acid market in order to elaborate on crucial growth strategies of players operating in the regional market.