Subdermal Contraceptive Implants Market: Introduction
- Subdermal contraceptive implant is a tiny, thin rod about the size of a matchstick. The implant releases hormones slow and stable into the body to prevent pregnancy. Subdermal contraceptive implant helps to prevent pregnancy for one to five years. The protection period depends upon specific progestin and the type of polymer.
- Advantages of subdermal contraceptive implant include long-term contraceptive action without requiring the provider's or user's attention, low dose of highly effective contraception without the use of estrogen, and fertility is readily reversible after the removal of implant.
Are you a Start-up willing to make it Big in the Business? Grab an Exclusive PDF Brochure of Subdermal Contraceptive Implants Market Report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Subdermal Contraceptive Implants Market
- Rise in awareness about various birth control methods, introduction of several modern contraceptives in the market, and high per capita income are the major factors driving the global subdermal contraceptive implants market. According to the Guttmacher Institute, in 2018, nearly 21 million women needed publicly funded contraceptive services in the U.S. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, in 2017, around 214 million women of reproductive age in developing countries who want to avoid pregnancy are not using a modern contraceptive method.
- Recently, the UN collaborated with NGOs to provide contraceptive implants in underdeveloped countries at low price. This acts as a major driver of the market. Additionally, increase in the use of long-term contraception methods in developing countries and surge in awareness about contraception are likely to propel the global market.
Etonogestrel Implant to Witness Significant Demand
- Based on type, the global subdermal contraceptive implants market can be segmented into etonogestrel implant, levonorgestrel implant, and others
- The etonogestrel implant segment accounted for the largest share of the global subdermal contraceptive implants market in 2018. The segment is projected to dominate the global subdermal contraceptive implants market during the forecast period, as the implant is safe during breast feeding and improves symptoms of dysmenorrhea and endometriosis.
Hospitals Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- In terms of end-user, the global subdermal contraceptive implants market can be divided into hospitals, clinics, and others
- The hospitals segment accounted for the largest market share in terms of revenue in 2018 and is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period. This can be attributed to increase in number of subdermal contraceptive implant procedures performed in hospitals.
North America to Dominate Global Subdermal Contraceptive Implants Market
- In terms of region, the global subdermal contraceptive implants market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America dominated the global subdermal contraceptive implants market in 2018 and the trend is expected to continue during the forecast period. The region’s dominance can be attributed to increase in number of abortions, high number of unwanted pregnancies, presence of key market players in the region, greater affordability, and rise in demand for technologically advanced products. According to the Guttmacher Institute, in 2017, 862,000 abortions were carried out in U.S.
- The market in Asia Pacific is likely to experience strong growth during the forecast period, owing to increase in adoption of new products, rise in awareness about contraceptives and STIs, and surge in disposable income in emerging countries such as India, China, and others.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Subdermal Contraceptive Implants Market, Ask for a Customized Report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global subdermal contraceptive implants market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Bayer AG
- Merck & Co. Inc.
- Shanghai Dahua Pharmaceutical Co., Ltd.
Global Subdermal Contraceptive Implants Market: Research Scope
Global Subdermal Contraceptive Implants Market, by Type
- Etonogestrel Implant
- Levonorgestrel Implant
Global Subdermal Contraceptive Implants Market, by End-user
Global Subdermal Contraceptive Implants Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?