PVC Foam Sheet Market
PVC Foam Sheet Market for Structural Composites (Application: Transportation, Wind Energy, Marine, Building & Construction, and Others [including LNG Tankers and Ice Hockey Sticks]) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020 - 2030
- Chemicals & Materials
- 184 Pages
Customizable Services Draw Innovations in PVC Foam Sandwich Panels Used for Model Making
Lead-free and heavy metal-free PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride) foam sheets are in high demand for wall claddings and model making. This is evident since building & construction applications are estimated to account for the third-highest revenue in the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites. As such, the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites is projected to reach a value of ~US$ 1.4 Bn by the end of 2030.
Companies in the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites are increasing their efficacy in customizable services to meet specific requirements of clients. For instance, TOPOLO— an investor CFRT (Continuous Fiber Reinforced Thermoplastic) composite production lines, offers customizable services to manufacture PVC foam sandwich panels that are integrated with PET (Polyethylene terephthalate) and PU (Polyurethane) materials.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports Ask for a Sample
PVC versus Balsa: Which is better?
Manufacturers in the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites are tapping into incremental opportunities in wind energy applications. This explains why the revenue of wind energy applications is predicted for aggressive growth during the forecast period in the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites. As such, PCV foam sheet manufacturers are leveraging value-grab opportunities in the development of wind blades. However, the availability of substitute materials to PCV foam sheets are likely to hamper market growth. This explains why the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites is expected to expand at a modest CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period.
Balsa is being highly publicized for its high density attributes. However, balsa is more expensive than PVC. Hence, manufacturers are using PCV foam sheets in areas of wind energy that require weight savings since PVC is more lightweight than balsa.
Cutting-edge PVC Sheet Extruder Lines Accelerate Production of SPC Products
Breakthrough technological innovations in PVC sheet extruder lines are bolstering growth for the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites. For instance, leading professional manufacturer of PVC foam board machines QINGAO SANYI has introduced the parallel twin screw lines for manufacturing of stone polymer composites (SPC) that involve PVC foam sheets. Such technological innovations are bolstering the growth of the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites.
Get an idea about the offerings of our report from Report Brochure
Leading machinery manufacturers are expanding their business potentials by delivering quality machinery to PVC foam sheet manufacturers. As such, the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites is consolidated with top four market players dictating a market stake of ~76% during the forecast period. Machinery manufacturers are increasing their focus to provide equipment to companies that cater to SPC manufacturing. Thus, SPC is emerging as a key driver responsible for market growth.
Demand for PVC Face Shields Surges in Countries with High COVID-19 Cases
Companies in the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites are taking cues from emerging innovators to manufacture face shields for the COVID-19 (coronavirus) health workers. For instance, technocrat turned IAS (Indian Administrative Service) officer Aditya Ranjan designed a face shield made from transparent PVC sheets in order to keep the frontline health workers protected from the virus. Thus, companies in the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites are capitalizing on such opportunities and innovating in other products made from PVC foam sheets that may be required by users now that the novel virus is subsiding in many countries. However, Brazil and the U.S. are still under scrutiny for increasing number of active COVID-19 cases.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in PVC Foam Sheet Market for Structural Composites , ask for a customized report
Healthcare systems in Brazil and the U.S. have generated a demand for PVC face shields. Apart from PVC face shields, manufacturers are tapping into opportunities in SPC products that are being extensively used in flooring applications.
The PVC foam sheet market for structural composites is estimated to reach a significant milestone by 2030, in terms of volume. However, high density materials such as balsa are emerging as a threat to replace PVC from wind energy applications. Hence, companies in the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites are increasingly focusing on areas of wind energy applications that require lightweight materials such as PVC foam sheets, since balsa is heavier than PVC.
PVC Foam Sheet Market for Structural Composites: Overview
- PVC foam sheet is extensively used in a wide range of structural composite applications, owing to its excellent strength, strength-to-weight ratio, fire resistance, lightweight, and low absorptivity. PVC foam sheet is primarily made of PVC resin, blowing agent (CO2), stabilizer & lubricant, conditioner, and pigment.
- Based on application, the global PVC foam sheet market for structural composites has been segmented into transportation, wind energy, marine, building & construction, and others. The transportation segment held a major share of the global PVC foam sheet market for structural composites in 2019. The segment is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, led by the rise in demand for PVC foam sheets in the production of various automotive parts. PVC foam sheets are primarily used in the production of supporting structures, interior parts, floors, and dividing walls. PVC foam sheets for structural composites are employed in the manufacture of structural base plates, roof panels, and front & rear end cap of rails in the locomotive or rail sector. Furthermore, PVC foam sheets are used in the formulation of interior parts of aircraft cabins, cockpit doors, interior panels, sport aircraft fuselage & wings, rotor blades, etc.
- The wind energy segment of the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites is expected to expand at a faster pace by the end of the forecast period. PVC foam sheets for structural composites possess properties such as excellent heat & fire resistance, anti-corrosiveness, fire prevention, resistance to smoke, high rigidity, and excellent strength-to-weight ratio. This is likely to drive the demand for PVC foam sheets in the manufacture of various wind turbine parts.
Key Growth Drivers of PVC Foam Sheet Market for Structural Composites
- Properties of PVC foam sheet for structural composites such as its low resin uptake ability, low weight, and resistance to fatigue & chemicals are expected to boost the demand for PVC foam sheets in a wide range of applications. Prominent applications of PVC foam sheet for structural composites include wind power generation, rail transit, shipping, aerospace, and building energy conservation. Applications of PVC foam sheet for structural composites in the construction sector include residential furniture, office furniture, wall cladding, partition & paneling, signature & display panels, and corrosive linings. PVC foam sheets are primarily used as composite materials in turbine blades, covers, generator casings, hulls, decks, bulkheads, superstructures, and interior fittings in wind energy and marine sectors.
Restraining Factors of PVC Foam Sheet Market for Structural Composites
- Major substitutes for PVC foam sheets include PET foam, balsa, SAN, PUR, and honeycomb core materials. PET foams have the potential to replace PVC foams, owing to high performance, environment friendliness, and ability to work at high temperature range. Furthermore, PET foams possess characteristics such as high capacity for recycling, excellent fatigue performance, thermo-formability, and high energy absorption. This has led to a shift toward the usage of PET foams in core sandwich structures for rotor blade applications.
Asia Pacific to Dominate PVC Foam Sheet Market for Structural Composites
- Asia Pacific held a key share of the global PVC foam sheet market for structural composites in 2019. The demand for PVC foam sheet for structural composites is projected to rise at a rapid pace in the region, owing to the presence of diverse consumer base across the region. Advancement of new technologies and increase in research & development activities in developing regions of Asia Pacific is expected to revolutionize the wind energy field over the next few years. Additionally, rise in government funding in developing countries, such as India and China, is likely to fuel the wind energy industry in these countries in the near future. For instance, GE Renewable Energy received an order from the EDF Renewables/SITAC Group joint venture for the installation of 112 units of 2.7 MW wind turbines at the Sitac Kabini wind farm based in Gujarat, India. The 112 units are most likely to be commissioned by early 2021 and are expected to produce green energy in order to cater to the rising demand for electricity across the country. PVC foam sheets are primarily used in fabrication of turbine blades, nacelle covers, and generator casings due to their excellent rigidity, lightweight, and strength-to-weight ratio. This, in turn, is expected to increase the demand for these sheets across the region.
- Armacell International S.A., 3A Composites, Gurit, Diab, Maricell S.r.l., and Brett Martin Plastic Sheets are some of the major manufacturers of PVC foam sheet for structural composites applications in Europe. These producers engage in new product development in order to increase their share in the global market.
- The PVC foam sheet market for structural composites in Latin America is projected to expand at a sluggish pace in the near future, owing to the presence of a few producers across the region. Furthermore, Latin America relies on import of PVC foam sheet for structural composites from other countries.
Leading Players in PVC Foam Sheet Market for Structural Composites
- Major players operating in the global PVC foam sheet market for structural composites include
- 3A Composites,
- Armacell International S.A.
- CoreLite, Inc.
- Changzhou Tiansheng New Materials CO., LTD.
- POTENTECH (GUANGDONG) LIMITED
- Maricell S.r.l.
- Novagard Solutions, Inc.
- CHANGZHOU UTEK COMPOSITE CO., LTD
- FOAMTECH Ltd
- Deqing Sanhe Rubber & Plastic Co., Ltd
- Ludlow Composites, Corp.
- Brett Martin Plastic Sheets
- Producers of PVC foam sheet for structural composites are engaged in increasing their product offerings and expanding their footprint in the global market. For instance, in September 2019, Diab signed a five-year core material supply contract with Vestas Wind Systems A/S, one of the leading suppliers of wind turbines in the world. The contract comprises supply of Divinycell HP (PVC-based) and Divinycell PY (PET-based) materials to Vestas Wind Systems A/S.
PVC Foam Sheet Market for Structural Composites – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global PVC foam sheet market for structural composites to accurately gauge its potential development. The study presents detailed information about the important growth factors, restraints, and key trends that are creating the landscape for the future growth of the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites, to identify the opportunistic avenues of the business potential for stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites will progress during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about the different aspects of the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites that aids companies operating in the market in making strategic development decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on the significant changes that are highly anticipated to configure the growth of the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites during the forecast period. It also includes a key indicator assessment to highlight the growth prospects of the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites, and estimate statistics related to the market progress in terms of value (US$ Thousand) and volume (Tons).
The report mentions the company profiles of key players that are currently dominating the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites, wherein various development, expansion, and winning strategies practiced and executed by leading players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on PVC Foam Sheet Market for Structural Composites
The report provides detailed information about the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating the growth potential of the market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently functioning in the market and are looking for innovative ways to create a unique benchmark in the PVC foam sheet for structural composites industry, so as to help them make successful strategies and take target-driven decisions.
- Which application is the major consumer of PVC foam sheet for structural composites?
- How much revenue is the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- How are key market players successfully earning revenue out of the advantages of PVC foam sheet for structural composites?
- Which companies operate across the globe?
- Which regions are likely to provide profitable scope of opportunities for PVC foam sheet market for structural composites competitors?
Research Methodology – PVC Foam Sheet Market for Structural Composites
The research methodology adopted by analysts for combining the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites report is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the industry-affiliated information that is obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites.
During the primary research phase, analysts interviewed industry stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales and marketing managers. Based on data obtained through the interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites.
For secondary research, analysts scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, industry association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites.
PVC Foam Sheet Market for Structural Composites – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites on the basis of application and region. This report presents the extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments, and how they are influencing the growth prospects of the PVC foam sheet market for structural composites.