Sports Medicine Market: Introduction
- Sports medicine, also called sports & exercise medicine, is a specialty, which helps in the management and treatment of sports and exercise-related injuries. Sports medicine professionals and specialists treat various physical conditions such as fractures, sprains, strains, chronic injuries, exercise injuries, and other advanced sports injuries.
- Physical therapists, certified athletic trainers, and nutritionists are specialists that provide sports medicine to an increasing number of patients. Common injuries such as concussions, tendonitis, ankle injuries, hip injuries, wrist injuries, elbow injuries, and others have driven the need of sports medicine. Various sports or exercise related injuries do not need surgeries, but innovative devices and technologies could offer effective treatment and management of musculoskeletal conditions.
Key Drivers, Restraints, and Opportunities of Sports Medicine Market
- Rise in sports-related injuries is projected to be a major driver of the global sports medicine market during the forecast period. According to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services studies, 8.6 million sports injuries are recorded every year in the country. According to various researches, 2 million athletes in high school experience injuries, with 30,000 hospitalization, every year across the globe.
- Rise in popularity of organized sports and the ongoing trend of exercise and fitness regime are likely to propel the global sports medicine market. According to the CDC, major sports injuries in the children are preventable. Moreover, awareness about sports medicine and emergence of innovative treatment for sports injuries in developing countries are expected to boost the growth of the global market in next few years.
North America to Dominate Global Sports Medicine Market
- North America dominated the global sports medicine market followed by Europe and Asia Pacific. Increase in incidence of sports injuries in the U.S., availability of sports medicine, and presence of various key players offering sports medicines are the key factors propelling the market in North America. According to research, in the U.S., around 30 million children and teens participate in sports, and nearly 3.5 million injuries occur every year. One third of sports injuries occur in childhood. These factors are likely to fuel the growth of the sports medicine market in the region.
- According to the National SAFE KIDS Campaign and the American Academy of Pediatrics statistics, around 21% of trauma injuries are caused by sports & recreational activities. Moreover, 50% of head injuries occur during skateboarding, skating incidents, and bicycling. Furthermore, 62% of major sports-related injuries occur during sports and training practice. These factors are projected to drive the demand for sports medicine during the forecast period.
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to grow at a rapid pace during the forecast period due to rise in prevalence of sports injuries, accidents, and recreational activities. Moreover, surge in number of sports medicine professionals including physicians and practitioners is expected to augment the sports medicine market in the region during the forecast period.
Key Companies of Sports Medicine Market
- Carestream Health
- Include Health, Inc.
- iTrace Biomedical, Inc.
- Kator LLC
- MTF Biologics
- ConMed Corporation
- PolyPhysics, Inc.
- Quadrant Biosciences
- DJO Global
- Zimmer Biomet
- RTI Surgical
- Smith & Nephew
- Other prominent players
Global Sports Medicine Market, Research Scope
Global Sports Medicine Market, by Product Type
- Body Reconstruction Products
- Body Support & Recovery products
- Rehabilitation Technologies
- Sport Concussion Assessment Tool
- Osteopathic Manipulation
Global Sports Medicine Market, by Technology
- Cone Beam CT (CBCT)
- Functional Assessment Tools
Global Sports Medicine Market, by Indication
- Ankle Sprain
- Knee & Shoulder Injury
- Elbow & Wrist Injury
- Cartilage Injury
- Overtraining Syndrome
Global Sports Medicine Market, by Distribution Channel
- Hospitals Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
Global Sports Medicine Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.