Sports Flooring Market
Sports Flooring Market (Product Type: PVC Flooring, Wood Flooring, Polyurethane Flooring, Rubber Flooring, Polypropylene Flooring, Artificial Turf Flooring, and Others; Application: Outdoor and Indoor; End Use: Commercial and Residential; and Sport: Track & Field [Running, Jumping, and Throwing], Football, Basketball, Volleyball, Badminton, Tennis, Gym, Dance, & Aerobic Studio, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Rising Government Funding and Private Investments to Drive Market Growth
The architecture space has evolved at a rapid pace over the past couple of decades, primarily driven by advancements in technology, entry of new materials, and rapid changes in the regulatory landscape. As environment sustainability and protection continue to gain considerable attention across the building & construction sector, environment-friendly alternatives are gaining fast-paced adoption worldwide. The global sports flooring market has witnessed substantial growth in the past decade mainly in developing regions, wherein governments are increasingly allocating funds for the development of indoor as well as outdoor sports facilities. In addition, the growing demand for sports amenities, especially in universities and high schools around the world has had a direct impact on the growth of the global sports flooring market.
The surge in the number of health-conscious population, growing interest in outdoor and indoor sports, rise in the number of sports hobbyists, and entry of new sports floors with new materials are some of the major factors that are expected to propel the global sports flooring market during the forecast period. The sporting fraternity is embracing new types of sports floors due to added comfort and performance of new variants of sports floors– a trend that is expected to gather further momentum over the course of the assessment period. While government investments continue to move in the upward trajectory, private investors have expressed considerable interest in the sports sector due to which, emphasis on the development of world-class sporting facilities has grown.
At the back of these factors, along with the growing awareness among the masses pertaining to the benefits of indulging in health-oriented physical activities, the global sports flooring market is expected to cross US$ 19.5 Bn mark by the end of 2030.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Sports Flooring Market
Market Players Focus on Offering Safe and Comfortable Sports Floors
As athletic and other indoor facilities continue to gain popularity around the world, the demand for sports flooring is expected to move in the upward trajectory. At present, players operating in the current landscape are increasingly focusing on improving the aesthetic appeal and functionality of their products to gain ground. Current trends across the sports and fitness domain indicate that the development of multi-purpose complexes has witnessed a steady rise in various regions of the world due to which, the demand for sports flooring has increased. In addition, renovation and maintenance projects in sports facilities have gained momentum– another factor that is likely to provide an impetus for the growth of the sports flooring market.
Due to the rapidly changing landscape of the sporting industry, the demand for resilient and safer sports floors witnessed considerable growth. Market players are increasingly focusing on improving the functional aspects of their products such as cushioning and shock-absorbing to gain an advantage. In recent times, synthetic urethane, vinyl, and rubber flooring have emerged as an ideal alternative for indoor and outdoor courts. Facility owners are highly inclined toward installing easy-to-maintain sports flooring to minimize long-term costs. Rubber floors have garnered considerable popularity across gymnasium floors and the trend is expected to continue in the upcoming years. In addition, in the wake of the green architecture trend, market players are swaying toward the use of natural materials in sports facilities and buildings due to which, the demand for eco-friendly flooring has increased in the past few years. Rubber and synthetic sports floors continue to gain widespread popularity in new projects due to safety and comfort. Traditional wood sports floors are gradually being replaced by newer alternatives. Sports floors have also emerged as an exceptional marketing space wherein brands can paint or print their logos– another factor that is expected to boost the sports flooring market in the upcoming years.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Demand for Sports Flooring to Decline amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The onset of the novel COVID-19 pandemic has played a key role in halting or delaying several projects across the building & construction sector. Stringent lockdown regulations, restrictions on internal as well as cross-border transportation, and measures to contain the transmission of the virus have resulted in the closure of gymnasiums, yoga centers, and other indoor and outdoor sporting facilities due to which, the demand for sports floors is expected to remain lower than usual. Moreover, due to the current economic status in several regions and the negative impact of the pandemic, several projects are either on hold or expected to be delayed. However, as governments scramble to construct makeshift COVID-19 centers and permanent healthcare facilities, market players could potentially tap into these opportunities to generate revenues during the pandemic. While the market growth across the first two quarters of 2020 is expected to remain sluggish, the sports flooring market is expected to show signs of recovery toward the end of 2020 and the first quarter of 2021.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Sports Flooring Market
The global sports flooring market is expected to expand at a moderate CAGR of ~6%, in terms of value, during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to factors such as increasing investments in the development of sports and fitness facilities, entry of new materials, use of sustainable and environment-friendly materials, surge in health-conscious population, and focus on improving the aesthetics and safety quotient of indoor and outdoor amenities. While government initiatives and growth in private investments are expected to play a critical role in the development of the sports flooring market, new technologies and growing awareness regarding the benefits of different materials will also boost market growth.
Sports Flooring Market: Overview
- Sports flooring offers a safe, level surface for practicing and playing in indoors as well as outdoors areas. Sports flooring is durable, easy to install, and shock absorbent vis-à-vis concrete. It offers strong support for various sports. Sports floorings include indoor sports flooring, outdoor sports flooring, indoor cricket flooring, sports court wooden flooring, basketball court wooden flooring, and badminton court wooden flooring. Sports flooring is ideal for different types of sports surfaces such as tennis courts, basketball courts, squash courts, gymnasium, group fitness, cardio fitness, and running tracks. Sports flooring also provides the ideal surface for practice and pickup games.
- Sports flooring is made in personal activity centers. Increase in the number of gyms, yoga centers, and Zumba and dance studios is expected to boost the global demand for sports flooring in the near future.
- Urbanization and industrialization have increased significantly across the globe over the last few years. This has boosted development in all parts of the world. Increase in investment in development of cities and towns has led to the growth in migration of the population toward these cities and towns. According to a UN report, more than half of the global population lived in urban areas in 2019 and more than two-third of the population is expected to live in cities by 2050.
- Industrialization has also boosted the global economy, thereby augmenting the total household income. This has led to a change in spending pattern of consumers. Consumers are increasingly spending on leisure activities such as sports, tourism, and entertainment.
- Asia Pacific was the prominent region of the global sports flooring market in 2019. The sports flooring market in the region is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 5.5% between 2020 and 2030.
- Governments across the globe are promoting sports events such as Olympics, FIFA World Cup, ICC Cricket World Cup, Wimbledon, and Basketball competitions. They provide various scholarships, educational benefits, and job opportunities for sportspersons. This, coupled with digitization of the media and increase in social media influence, is driving sport activities across the world.
Artificial Turf Flooring to Drive Sports Flooring Market
- In terms of product type, artificial turf flooring was the major segment with more than 30% share of the global sports flooring market in 2019. It is estimated to continue its dominance between 2020 and 2030.
- Artificial turf flooring is versatile, durable, and easy to maintain. This type of flooring is used in indoor soccer, football, lacrosse, baseball, hockey, and gyms. Artificial turf flooring is weatherproof and low maintenance. As a result, demand for artificial turf flooring is high.
Rise in Demand for Sports Flooring in Outdoor Application
- In terms of application, outdoor was the leading segment with more than 65% share of the global sports flooring market in 2019. It is projected to continue its dominance between 2020 and 2030.
- Floorings used in sports, such as baseball, football, soccer, lacrosse, and tennis must be durable in order to withstand adverse weather conditions. It should provide traction and possess shock absorbency features. Demand for sports flooring is high in outdoor application vis-à-vis indoor application, as indoor sports facilities are more expensive to build and maintain than outdoor facilities. Rise in investment in outdoor facilities is projected to boost the demand for outdoor sports flooring.
Increase in Demand for Sports Flooring for Commercial End Use
- In terms of end use, commercial was the dominant segment with more than 80% share of the global sports flooring market in 2019. It is likely to continue its dominance between 2020 and 2030. This can be attributed to rise in investment in commercial centers such as gyms, sports clubs, government sports facilities, community centers, and recreational activity centers. Sports flooring used in these facilities are larger in size than that used in the residential segment. Thus, the segment is expected to drive the global sports flooring market in the near future.
Football to Drive Demand for Sports Flooring
- In terms of sport, football was the major segment with more than 12% share of the global sports flooring market in 2019. It is estimated to continue its dominance during the forecast period.
- Artificial turf is primarily employed in the football segment of the sports flooring market. Flooring is used for indoor and outdoor applications. Sometimes, vinyl flooring is also used for indoor football. Football is one of the highly played sports activities in the world. Hence, the segment’s share is high.
North America to Lead Sports Flooring Market
- In terms of volume, North America constituted a prominent share of the global sports flooring market in 2019
- The sports flooring market in North America is estimated to continue to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to increase in demand for sports flooring in various applications such as indoor and outdoor sports in the region. Significant rise in health awareness is propelling the sports infrastructure market in North America. This, in turn, is estimated to propel the demand for sports flooring in the region during the forecast period.
Sports Flooring Market: Competition Landscape
- Manufacturers are focusing on expanding their production capacities in order to meet the demand for sports flooring in different indoor and outdoor sports from developed and developing countries
- Key players operating in the global sports flooring market are -
- Shaw Industries
- Tarkett Group
- Interface, Inc.
- LG HAUSYS
- Bauwerk Boen Group
- Kiefer USA
- EPI Group
- Aacer Flooring, LLC
- Flexcourt Athletics
- Conica AG
- Mats Inc.
- KLIKFLEX FLOORING
- Rephouse Ltd.
Sports Flooring Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the global sports flooring market provides readers with an assessment of the landscape of the market with the help of a comprehensive outlook. This study on the global sports flooring market analyzes the market for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year. The report enables readers to make important decisions regarding their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the global sports flooring market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides understanding of drivers, restraints, opportunities, and market trends.
This study also discusses underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the global sports flooring market, along with their influence on growth of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Forces analysis and value chain analysis of the global sports flooring market in order to elaborate on crucial growth strategies of players operating in the regional market.
Key Questions Answered in Sports Flooring Market Report
- How much revenue is the global sports flooring market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which region currently accounts for the maximum share of the sports flooring market?
- What are the factors anticipated to drive the global sports flooring market during the forecast period?
- Which region is likely to be highly lucrative for sports flooring during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders of the global sports flooring market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the global sports flooring market?
This report answers these questions about the global sports flooring market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
Sports Flooring Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global sports flooring market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global sports flooring market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the global sports flooring market arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the global sports flooring market by using bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global sports flooring market, along with an overview of the market, is provided on the basis of a careful examination of growth opportunities. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global sports flooring market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Sports Flooring Market – Segmentation
This report on the global sports flooring market segments the market based on product type, application, end use, sport, and region.