COVID-19 Impact on Rubber Flooring Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic
- Manufacture of various consumer goods and other products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, etc. This is expected to hamper the rubber flooring market.
Key Drivers of Rubber Flooring Market
- Rubber flooring has become more accessible to homeowners. Rubber flooring is often associated with gyms and hospitals; however, the material has evolved into a popular option for interior decorating, as it can handle heavy foot traffic and offer its own style. The reason many turn to rubber flooring for their home is its overall durability. Modern homeowners are more likely to find rubber flooring in home gyms or children's play areas. Rubber flooring is becoming a sleek, universal option for modern homes.
- Rubber floor tiles are available in many different colors and textures. Black floor tiles with confetti-like colored flecks are the most widely used.
Rubber Flooring Market: Type Segment
- In terms of type, the global rubber flooring market can be segmented into natural rubber and synthetic rubber
- Materials made from natural rubber floors are made of latex, which is a sap from the para rubber tree, also called Hevea brasiliensis. It is also found naturally in lettuce, dandelions, and fig trees.
- Rubber floor coverings made from synthetic materials are the least eco-friendly. Synthetic rubber is derived from petroleum, a non-renewable resource. This material is still quite energy-efficient and has low environmental impact. Synthetic rubber floors are more durable and long-lasting than natural rubber alternatives. Finite resources are consumed in their production; this is balanced to some extent by the long life of the resulting product. Rubber flooring can be recycled at the end of its lifecycle.
Rubber Flooring Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global rubber flooring market can be segmented into Health clubs, hospitality, health care, offices, playgrounds, and others.
- Rubber flooring is long-lasting, affordable, and easy to install. Rubber flooring tiles are ideal for a wide variety of applications and for almost any workout environment. They are easy to put together, can fit any space, and can be added at any time. Rubber flooring option is an ideal choice for commercial gyms. Extremely durable and very economical, they are perfect for high traffic areas and large spaces that see a lot of activity.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of Rubber Flooring Market
- In terms of region, the rubber flooring market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold the major share of the global rubber flooring market, followed by Europe and North America, during the forecast period. This can be attributed to the growth in construction activities in China, India, and ASEAN countries in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Rubber Flooring Market
Major players have a prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global rubber flooring market include:
- Mohawk Group
- Mannington Mills
Rubber Flooring Market: Research Scope
Rubber Flooring Market, by Type
- Natural Rubber
- Synthetic Rubber
Rubber Flooring Market, by Application
- Health Clubs
- Health Care
Global Rubber Flooring Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Rubber Flooring Market: Introduction
- Rubber floor coatings are used in different environments where strong, resilient, and affordable floors are needed. Rubber floor coatings can be used in various places, from a garage to a gym to a park.
- Rubber flooring material can either be made from natural tree rubber or synthetic materials, which are often recycled from vehicle tires. These materials allow for an extremely durable and low-maintenance surface option for homeowners.
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.