Space Grade Connectors: Introduction
- Space grade connectors are suitable for use in harsh environments for aerospace and satellite communications. Stringent tests are done for outgassing and residual magnetism, vibration, and temperature.
- The manufacturers of space grade connectors utilizes specialized materials, and processing to ensure reliable performance during the launch. Space vehicles are subject to shock vibrations, and stress factors may damage interconnect systems when the performance or quality is inadequate for sustained levels of mechanical stress.
- There are various parameters that space connectors should meet to be used in a space vehicle. For instance, it must be compact as there is not much room on a space vehicle. Also, it must be lightweight as the cost to launch into space is related to the weight of payload. In addition, material used in connectors is also important due to emphasis on low levels of residual magnetism and outgassing.
- The three categories of connectors include D-subminiature, micro-miniature, and circular. The first two are used in PCB, panel mount, and basic cable applications, whereas the third one is used in heavy-duty cable and panel mount applications.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report
Increasing Government and Commercial Missions into Space
- Governments and other organizations are collaborating with commercial businesses. For instance, NASA is opening an international space station for commercial business to accelerate innovation in low earth orbit. This plan of NASA enables use of government resources for commercial activities, which creates opportunities for private astronaut missions to space stations.
- Majority of satellites are becoming commercially owned due to this factor. Also, increasing levels of private funding and advances in technology are fueling the market.
- Moreover, governments in various countries including developing economies are focusing more on space exploration in which space connectors play a vital role in payloads, launchers, and other satellite equipment.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Growing Global Space Industry offers Lucrative Opportunity
- The growing space industry may offer opportunity to a number of industries such as aerospace and defense, IT, hardware, as well as telecom sectors. The medium term opportunity is offered from increasing satellite broadband internet access. This will cause mass production of satellites, which in turn increases the demand for hardware such as connectors.
- However, high quality requirements, stringent regulations, political uncertainties, and other factors may hamper the growth of the space grade connectors market.
North America to lead the Global Market
- In terms of region, the global space grade connectors market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The space grade connectors market in North America is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- This growth is attributed to applications in aerospace and defense, increasing investments in research and development in technologies, and increasing number of commercial projects. These factors are expected to increase the demand for space grade connector products.
- Moreover, major space connector manufacturers are present in North American and European countries, which further enhances growth in the region.
- The space grade connectors market in Asia Pacific and Europe is also likely to show high growth rate due to increasing focus on space explorations in economies such as India and China.
- Middle East & Africa is projected to show slow growth rate due to lack of investments in technologies.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global space grade connectors market was highly concentrated. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to meet the growing demand.
Key players operating in the global space grade connectors market include:
- TE Connectivity
- AirBorn, Inc.
- Amphenol Aerospace
- Milnec Interconnect Systems
- BTC Electronic Components
Global Space Grade Connectors Market: Research Scope
Global Space Grade Connectors Market, by Type
Global Space Grade Connectors Market, by End-use
Global Space Grade Connectors Market, by Application
- Civil Craft
- Satellite Harnesses & Payloads
Global Space Grade Connectors Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.