Soft Tissue Allografts Market
Soft Tissue Allografts Market (Product Type: Cartilage Allografts, Tendon Allografts, Meniscus Allografts, Dental Allografts, Collagen Allografts, and Amniotic Allografts; End User: Hospitals, Ambulatory Surgical Centers, Dental Clinics, Aesthetic Centers, and Orthopedic Clinics; Application: Orthopedic, Dentistry, Wound Care, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Soft Tissue Allografts Market: Speedy Recovery and Painless Treatment to Favor Growth
Around two decades ago, a complicated procedure such as an open heart bypass surgery would involve a high level of risk. The patient would need a longer hospital stay and a month-long recovery period. Today, the risk level has been brought down to just 1-2%, and recovery takes just around a week. What’s changed? Open heart bypass, which requires a 6-7-inch incision, has been replaced by the key-hole procedure. The concept of painless treatment and speedy recovery has become the norm in healthcare today. And, all of this has happened on the back of technological advancements that have made sophisticated procedures simple for both, doctors and patients.
While 206 bones make up the human skeletal system, the rest of the body is inundated with soft tissues. Muscles, tendons, ligaments, nerves, and blood vessels - all are soft tissues. While they are termed as soft tissues, damage to them can leave an individual in severe pain. Treatment varies from physiotherapy to replacing soft tissue. In case of surgery, doctors recommend soft tissue allografts to patients. With accident victims and sportspersons account for a large share of the end users, early recovery with less damage to the body is critical. Physical fitness is paramount for a sportsperson. This establishes the inclination of both, sportspersons and doctors, towards soft tissue allografts.
As neck-to-neck competition demands top-notch physical fitness, players refrain from risking their place in a team for a long-drawn treatment. This has, over the years, warmed the demand in the global soft tissue allografts market. As the market gathers momentum, players in the soft tissue allografts market will need a guide that gives them the right direction for a successful future. Transparency Market Research (TMR) has recently published a report on the global soft tissue allografts market that provides companies with the tiniest details and insights that would make the difference tomorrow.
Identify the key factors that will drive your company’s growth. Request a brochure of this report here
Soft Tissue Allografts Market: An Opportunity for Tissue Banks and Insurance Companies
As the term soft tissue allograft gain impetus, and the number of procedures increase, players in the global soft tissue allografts market will start realizing the potential for opportunities that will aid growth. According to the TMR study, the demand for soft tissue allografts is much higher than the supply. In a study where researchers studied 42 tissue banks under the American Association of Tissue Banks, they observed that the demand exceeded supply. This describes how companies in the soft tissue allografts market can explore opportunities creating a tissue bank. In the absence of a natural allograft, patients are forced to look for synthetic allografts.
While private players in the soft tissue allografts market can bridge the demand supply gap, cashing-in as an opportunity, hospitals can also step forward to meet the demand. While setting up a tissue bank on their own might not be feasible, a group of hospitals can come together to meet this goal. This will divide the burden, both, in terms of manpower and capital.
On the other hand, current trends in the soft tissue allografts market also open new doors of opportunities for insurance companies. Our study points out that, the cost of an allograft procedure is high when compared to autografts or synthetic allografts, again attributed to the limited availability of allografts. While tissue banks can help bridge the gap and eventually bring down the cost, insurance companies can include the expense of the procedure, which can be a huge turnaround for players in the soft tissue allografts market. As a result, it will lessen the financial burden on patients to a great extent, thus increasing demand.
Soft Tissue Allografts Market: Trends that will Matter
ACL Reconstruction to Engine Growth
Anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction has become a common occurrence among sportspersons, especially in sports such as basketball, skiing, skating, bicycling, and football; sports that involve a lot of jumping. In many cases, where the fall is severe, the player ends up damaging a tendon in the knee. This explains the importance of replacing the damaged tendon. In most cases when players prefer physiotherapy over tissue replacement, the condition often relapses. To prevent this, doctors recommend reconstruction of the ACL. The procedure becomes imminent as players fear losing their spot in the team due to an injury. Based on segments, wound care accounts for the highest share in the soft tissue allograft market, says the TMR study. By revenue, this segment reaped ~ US$ 1.4 Bn in 2014, and is expected to garner ~ US$ 2.6 Bn by the end of 2027, growing at a healthy CAGR of ~ 7%.
Need for Healthy Teeth to Strengthen Demand
Dental procedures account for 30% of the revenue in the soft tissue allografts market, defining the importance of the business in dentistry. As people realize the importance of oral health, routine visits to a dentist has become the norm. While the percentage of the population adopting routine dental check-ups is rising, a large proportion continues to remain ignorant. Poor eating habits and ignorance towards trivial oral issues result in dental cavities and caries. Taking care of one’s teeth also involves taking care of the gums. As awareness trickles down into society, people are going to come forward and report issues with their gums. This trend hints why dentistry, as a segment, will grow at a CAGR of ~ 6.5% during the forecast period.
How Poor Lifestyle will Bring Business
As technology lured people to comfort, leaving no space of life untouched, incidences of lifestyle diseases have only been rising since. While people above the age of 50 are less affected as they still belong to the era of hard work, it is the millennial youth and middle-aged population that seems to be reeling under lifestyle diseases. A ring of three conditions - hypertension, diabetes, and obesity - scarily interconnected, has worried the world, more than any other healthcare problem. The third condition – obesity - forms the basis for a large proportion of degenerative joint disease among patients.
Approximately 2.1 billion people, that is, 30% of the world’s population, is obese, cites a study published in 2019. As a result of obesity, the bones are more stressed, and are at a higher risk of damage in case of an accident or fall. Even a small injury tears up the cartilage or ligament under the bone, thus impelling the need for a soft tissue replacement. As one study after another hints at a substantial increase in obese population in the coming years, the prospects of higher demand for soft tissue allografts will increase.
Want to know more such detailed insights of “Soft Tissue Allografts market”? Request a PDF sample here
Soft Tissue Allografts Market: Winning Imperatives
Technology to Create New Avenues
Across healthcare, if companies are working on rolling out new products, then a newcomer in the market will likely boast about a new technology. At the turn of this decade, companies should be looking at opportunities that can make existing procedures safe, easy (for both, doctors and patients), and reduce cost. The procedure for soft tissue allografts, though relatively easy now, still holds space for improvement.
Patients Want 'Easy' Treatment Options
While a healthcare provider provides a patient with both the options – autograft and allograft, along with all the pros and cons, the 'ease of treatment' in allografts catches their eyes. In an autograft, a patient undergoes additional pain and recovery as soft tissue has to be harvested from their own body. In allograft, the tissue is harvested from a donor, thus eliminating the additional burden of recovery. As technology makes the existing allograft procedure smoother and more comfortable, patients will stop looking at autografts as an option. At the same time, as companies and hospitals adopt stringent screening methods to eliminate doubts of bacterial contamination and diseases, patients will start trusting soft tissue allografts more.
Soft Tissue Allografts Market: Competitive Dynamics
The global soft tissue allografts market is moderately consolidated. With ~ 30% market share, Lattice Biologics Ltd leads the soft tissue allografts market. The tall stature in the market comes from the timely launching of niche products and reaccreditation of the tissue bank by the American Association of Tissue Banks. Zimmer Biomet Holdings Inc. and AlonSource stand at second and third place respectively. Zimmer, with ~ 10% market share, has invested in innovation. Its recent launch, OsseoGuard, a non-resorbable dental membrane, is a sign of the company’s growing investments in innovation to sustain in the soft tissue allografts market. On the other hand, AlonSource relies on its amniotic allografts segment to expand in the business.
While big companies are capable of pumping in cash for new research incentives, smaller companies are keen on partnerships or acquisitions to either launch a new product or expand their operational territories. Our research says that ~ 25% of the market revenue comes from smaller players.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report here
The soft tissue allografts market has found its hold on the back of technological advancements. While most companies in the market will be keen on rolling out products that aid the growth of the market, awareness and growing literacy levels will have a huge role to play too. The level of awareness among people, especially with the increased penetration of the Internet and easy access to social media, has skyrocketed. With time, the soft tissue allografts market will benefit from the growing knowledge about products and the procedure. At the same time, the underlying healthcare trends and the growing importance of sports will maintain a healthy CAGR for the top three segments by application (wound care, orthopedics, and dentistry).
Global Soft Tissue Allografts Market: Overview
- Soft tissue allografts are substitute tissues used for the reconstruction of deficient ligaments, torn menisci, spinal surgeries, and osteochondral defects during knee surgeries. Soft tissue allografts undergo a safety screening process (3 stages) of donor screening, laboratory testing, and tissue preparation.
- Soft tissue allografts can be made up of bones, skin, tendons, cartilages, heart valves, and veins used for transplant in different types of surgeries. Soft tissue allografts have been considered a successful procedure for more than 150 years, and around 1 million allografts are transplanted in the U.S. each year.
- The global soft tissue allografts market was valued at US$ 3.55 Bn in 2018, and is projected to reach ~ US$ 6.2 Bn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~ 6.5% from 2019 to 2027.
- The usage of soft tissue allografts has increased due to the rise in the number of orthopedic surgeries and dental implants. Increase in geriatric population, growing demand for new technological advancements for the production of new tissues by tissue banks, rise in the demand for soft tissue allografts among athletic patients also fuel the growth of the global soft tissue allografts market.
- Risk of infection and immune response can lead to serious complications such as disruption of infected anastomotic rigid line with a rupture, bowel formation, and microbial infection. Moreover, high cost of procedures with limited reimbursement is likely to restrain the global soft tissue allografts market.
- Increase in incidences of periodontal diseases among the young population and rise in technological innovations in dental implants are anticipated to drive the global soft tissue allografts market.
Global Soft Tissue Allografts Market: Key Segments
- In terms of product type, the global soft tissue allografts market has been segmented into cartilage allografts, tendon allografts, meniscus allografts, dental allografts, collagen allografts, and amniotic allografts.
- The collagen allografts segment dominated the global soft tissue allografts market in 2018, as these devices are mostly utilized by vascular and orthopedic surgeons for diabetic foot ulcers, ACL surgeries, and other cosmetic surgeries.
- Based on application, the global soft tissue allografts market has been classified into orthopedic, dentistry, wound care, and others.
- In terms of end user, the global soft tissue allografts market has been divided into hospitals, orthopedic clinics, dental clinics, ambulatory surgical centers, and aesthetic centers.
Global Soft Tissue Allografts Market: Regional Outlook
- In terms of region, the global soft tissue allografts market has been segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America accounted for a major share of the global soft tissue allografts market in 2018.
- The soft tissue allografts market in North America is driven by the presence of key players and high rate of adoption of technologies. Additionally, rise in the prevalence of diabetic foot ulcers, better healthcare awareness programs for diabetes, and increase in the number of surgical procedures on ACL are likely to propel the soft tissue allografts market in the region.
- The soft tissue allografts market in Asia Pacific is driven by the setting up of distribution channels by key players, and the demand for collagen allografts for the treatment of serious burn injuries and breast reconstruction surgery.
Companies Mentioned in the Soft Tissue Allografts Market Report
- The global soft tissue allografts market is highly fragmented due to the presence of a large number of players. Major players operating in the global soft tissue allografts market include
- Lattice Biologics Ltd.
- Zimmer Biomet
- AlonSource Group
- MiMedix Group
- CONMED Corporation
- Organogenesis, Inc.
- RTI Surgical, Inc.
- Osiris Therapeutics
- Integra LifeSciences Corporation
- Globus Medical, Inc.
- Straumann Holding AG
- Xtant Medical
- Alliqua BioMedical, Inc.
- C. R. Bard, Inc. (Davol, Inc.)
- B. Braun Melsungen AG
The increasing trend of mergers & acquisitions and product approvals & launches in developing countries is expected to boost the global soft tissue allografts market during the forecast period. Additionally, acquisitions provide growth in core parts of the business.
Soft Tissue Allografts Market
Will technology alone provide answers to all the questions troubling players in the soft tissue allografts market? From the looks of it, one would be tempted to say 'yes'. Despite falling under healthcare, technology is not the only answer to sustenance in the growing soft tissue allografts market. While vividly covering all pertinent aspects of technology, this TMR report of the soft tissue allografts market carefully puts together all the pertinent points that will influence or stutter the growth of the soft tissue allografts market in the coming years.
While the report on the soft tissue allografts market succeeds in providing information on the trends, it also focuses on other aspects of the emerging soft tissue allografts market. Detailed regional analysis, factors defining competition in the market, opportunities, size, and all other nuances that will be key while laying down a success strategy - the TMR report on the soft tissue allografts market has it all.
Key Questions Answered in the Soft Tissue Allografts Market Report
- What factors are shaping R&D investment decisions?
- To which problems are companies findings answers while designing new products in the soft tissue allografts market?
- How can tissue banks help plug the demand-supply gap in the soft tissue allografts market?
- How will acquiring patented technology from smaller companies make a big difference in business?
- What are the factors that influence the demand for the wound care sub-segment?
- How important is dentistry for the soft tissue allografts market, and what are the trends that hint at growing demand?
The extensive report on the soft tissue allografts market begins with a two-page preface that lays down the scope of the report and breaks down the soft tissue allografts market into its respective segments and sub-segments. It also goes on to mention the key objectives of the research carried out by analysts, providing the relevance of information sought under each section.
In the next section, the report on the soft tissue allografts market again dedicates two pages to succinctly explain the research methodology. Here, analysts explain how they have relied on information from multiple sources for secondary research. They also reveal the type of people interviewed for primary research.
The next three sections of the soft tissue allografts market report are dedicated to market overview, dynamics and opportunities. From revenue figures to underlying trends, opportunities, and restraints, these three sections have all the relevant information that will shape the future of the soft tissue allografts market.
The report then moves on to an elaborate section on the segments on the global soft tissue allografts market. It breaks down each segment into its respective sub-segments, and provides details on revenue, sales, forecasts, CAGR, factors that will be crucial for growth, opportunities, and challenges in the soft tissue allografts market. In the section to follow, the report delves into the regional analysis of the soft tissue allografts market. Analysts have meticulously laid down every aspect of the regional analysis for all the five major regions in the soft tissue allografts market.
After an exhaustive regional analysis, the report then gets into its penultimate section on the competitive landscape in the soft tissue allografts market. Here, analysts explain how major players in the soft tissue allografts market fare, and how strong their presence is. In the pages to follow, the report profiles each company, detailing their basic details, product line, notable developments, and success strategy.
Again, after a long analysis of the competition, the report ends with the key takeaways for stakeholders in the soft tissue allograft market.
Soft Tissue Allografts Market: Research Methodology
Falling under the category of healthcare, analysts understand the importance of extensive research and relevant information to prepare the soft tissue allografts market report. So, they attempt not to ignore authentic and valuable information sources. Secondary research is based on information from stock exchange portals, company websites, government organizations, and research studies. Analysts then breaks down their approach for primary research, where they say that 42% information came from managerial level employees of key players in the soft tissue allografts market. This helped understand the ground-level situation. On the other hand, 33% information is listed based on interviews with top level executives that makes the report insights-heavy.
Soft Tissue Allografts Market: Taxonomy
Ambulatory Service Centers
Middle Eats & Africa