Sodium Dithionite Market: Overview
- Sodium dithionite, also known as sodium hydrosulfite, is manufactured by diverse processes such as amalgam process, formate process, and zinc dust process. These three processes are primarily utilized to produce sodium dithionite. Moreover, amalgam and zinc dust processes accounted for almost 80% of global production. All applications of sodium dithionite are due to its excellent reducing ability. Sodium dithionite offers reducing properties in heated and acidic medium atmosphere. Sodium dithionite is used in textile printing and dyeing, bleaching of pulp and printing, food bleaching, and pharmaceutical, chemical industries.
- Sodium dithionite is widely utilized for bleaching purposes in textile processing, paper & pulp industry, mineral ore flotation, pharmaceuticals, food additives, and kaolin bleaching. It is also used in wood pulp and textile bleaching applications. Sodium dithionite is employed as a reducing agent and reducing bleaching agent for the manufacture of fabrics such as wool, nylon, and cotton in the textile industry. Additionally, sodium dithionite is utilized for stripping of color from fabrics. It is also utilized in the reduction clearing process for disperse dyes. It is used as a bleaching agent for mechanical pulp bleaching in the paper & pulp industry. It is also used for wood pulp bleaching in order to brighten pulp with lower yield loss in the paper industry.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Sodium Dithionite Market
Rise in Demand for Sodium Dithionite in Textile Industry to Drive Market
- Rapid industrialization and increase in number of end-use applications, such textile processing and wood pulp bleaching, are key factors that are expected to drive the sodium dithionite market. Sodium dithionite is an ideal choice for usage in a wide range of industries and applications, as it is lightweight and spun bonded.
- Market dynamics of these applications affect the global market for sodium dithionite. Demand for textile products, particularly apparel, has augmented across the globe, which has resulted in high demand for sodium dithionite globally. In terms of demand, Asia Pacific, is the textile manufacturing hub of the globe and held a major share of the sodium dithionite market.
- Application in cosmetics, particularly in hair care products, and kaolin bleaching is expected to offer significant opportunities for the sodium dithionite market in the near future.
- The global sodium dithionite market is facing supply-demand shortages due to the industrial shutdown triggered by the COVID-19 outbreak. Disruption in raw material supply is anticipated to hamper full-scale operations. Supply shortage has also led to a rise in prices of raw materials. Moreover, industrial shutdown has also adversely impacted product and inventory transportation, as logistic services have been hampered due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Zinc Process Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- Based on process, the global sodium dithionite market can be segmented into zinc and sodium formate process
- The zinc process segment held a significant share of the global sodium dithionite market in 2019. The zinc process includes reaction of zinc dust with sulfur dioxide and converting resultant zinc salt to sodium dithionite in the presence of soda ash or caustic soda. The sodium formate process segment also accounted for a key share of overall sodium dithionite market. Its share is expected to increase in the next 10 years, owing to an increase in popularity of this process. It involves reaction of sulfur dioxide and caustic soda with sodium formate in a methanol solution.
Pharmaceutical & Medical Application Segment to Hold Major Share of Market
- Based on application, the sodium dithionite market can be divided into wood pulp bleaching, textiles, mineral flotation, and others, which includes chemical industry, kaolin clay, leather, food additive, and water treatment.
- The wood pulp bleaching segment is expected to dominate the global sodium dithionite market during the forecast period, owing to high demand for wood pulp from the paper packaging industry
Asia Pacific to Constitute Significant Share of Global Sodium Dithionite Market
- In terms of region, the global sodium dithionite market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific dominated the global market in 2019, owing to the presence of key manufacturers as well as rise in trade activities from China. Expansion of the wood pulp bleaching industry and the textiles sector in Asia Pacific is expected to boost the sodium dithionite market in the region in the near future. Furthermore, North America is also projected to hold a notable share of the global sodium dithionite market during the forecast period. This can be attribute to the high demand from the beautifying agents, especially in hair care items and kaolin bleaching applications.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Key Players in Market
- Manufacturers of sodium dithionite are highly consolidated in Asia Pacific. Trading activities from countries in Asia Pacific, such as China, have been increasing at a rapid pace for the last few years.
- Prominent players operating in the global market are investing in technological developments and new product launches in order to maintain their leading position
Key players operating in the global sodium dithionite market include:
- Chemtrade Logistics Inc.
- Guangdong ZhongCheng Chemicals Inc., Ltd
- BASE SE
- Jinhe Group
- AZ Chemicals, Inc.
- Bruggemann Chemical
- Mitsubishi Gas Chemical Company, Inc.
- TCP Limited
- Royce International Corp
- Montgomery Chemicals
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Sigma-Aldrich Co. LLC
- Finetech Industry Limited
- Alfa Chemistry
- Triveni Interchem Pvt. Ltd.
Global Sodium Dithionite Market: Research Scope
Global Sodium Dithionite Market, by Process
- Zinc Process
- Sodium Formate Process
Global Sodium Dithionite Market, by Application
- Wood Pulp Bleaching
- Mineral Flotation
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.