Smart Hospital Beds: Introduction
- Smart hospitals are integrated solutions for assistance and monitoring of patient care, based on a broad, multidisciplinary design approach
- Smart hospital beds are key components of hospital equipment, which provide support to patients. Smart hospital beds offer support to patients so that doctors can perform proper checkup and provide treatment and other medical facilities.
- Smart hospital beds are fitted with various sensors that can continuously monitor the patient’s heart rate and respiratory rate, fall prevention, pressure injury prevention, and wireless connectivity
- A smart hospital bed has an LCD monitor to check the activities of patients such as blood flow pattern, pressure, sleeping activities, spinal cord’s movement during sleep and in case of an emergency, offers the ability to directly contact the doctor through the sensors present on the bed
- A smart hospital bed can be connected via Internet and monitored remotely by a doctor, nurse, or healthcare professional. It has wheels that can help a service provider or a healthcare professional to move patients during various scanning and health check-up processes.
Smart Hospital Beds Market: Key Drivers
- The global smart hospital beds market is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to an increase in per capita income in developed countries, rise in healthcare expenditure, shift in patient preference, and surge in demand for advanced healthcare facilities
- High prevalence and rise in incidence rate of chronic disorders requiring longer hospital stay, accidental cases, burn injuries, paralysis and other bedridden illness are major factors that are likely to augment the demand for smart hospital beds during the forecast period
- Increase in the incidence of cardiovascular disorders is also anticipated to drive the demand for smart beds, as these beds are embedded with integrated cardio monitoring sensors and devices that raise an alarm if the patient has a heart attack
- Moreover, high demand for improved healthcare efficiency from patients, technological advancements, and improved healthcare infrastructure expenditure are major factors that are likely to further propel the market during the forecast period
Long Term Care Beds Segment to Dominate Global Market
- The global market for smart hospital beds can be segmented based on product, bed type, application, end-user, and region
- Based on product type, the smart hospital beds market can be divided into long-term care beds, psychiatric beds, acute care beds, pediatric beds, bariatric beds, critical care beds, labor and delivery beds, medical and surgical beds, and others
- The long-term care beds segment is projected to lead the global smart hospital beds market owing to large volume of patients with longer duration of hospital stays, increased demand for preventive care against the comorbidities, and a rise in the demand for long-term smart hospital beds
Electric beds Segment to Lead Global Market
- In terms of bed type, the global smart hospital beds market can be classified into semi-electric beds, electric beds, manual beds, and wireless beds. The electric beds segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Comparatively, a large number of electric beds in hospital set-ups, increased demand for electric beds, and easy availability are key factors that are estimated to contribute to the dominant share of the segment during the forecast period
Intensive Case Segment to Lead Global Market
- In terms of application, the global smart hospital beds market can be classified into intensive care beds, general ward, acute care, rehabilitation, and others. The intensive care segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- Smart hospital beds are extensively used in intensive care units, as these patients cannot mobilize and require constant measurement of critical parameters such as respiratory flow, blood flow, and other parameters. Increased adoption of smart beds in intensive care units owing to ease of use and improved efficiency achieved through smart beds are estimated to contribute to the dominant share of the segment during the forecast period.
Hospitals Segment to Lead Global Market
- In terms of end-user, the global smart hospital beds market can be classified into hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, rehabilitation centers, and home care. The hospitals segment is projected to dominate the global market during the forecast period.
- High demand for smart hospital beds in hospital facilities, high healthcare infrastructure expenditure, and large volume are major factors that are likely to fuel the segment
North America Smart Hospital Beds Market to Expand Rapidly
- In terms of region, the global smart hospital beds market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is projected to dominate the global smart hospital beds market during the forecast period. High prevalence and increase in incidence of chronic disorders, increasing number of geriatric population that is highly susceptible to age related disorders and high per capita healthcare expenditure in the region are key factors that are expected to boost the market in North America during the forecast period.
- The smart hospital beds market in Asia Pacific is likely to expand at a high CAGR during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to a rise in the number of people suffering from chronic diseases, new product development and increased availability of these products in Asia, and increased adoption of these devices in the region
- Significant expansion of the healthcare industry, easy access to healthcare facilities, and increase in investments in healthcare by leading players in Asia Pacific are projected to augment the market in the region in the near future
Key Players Operating in Global Smart Hospital Beds Market
The global smart hospital beds market is consolidated, with a few number of international and domestic players holding a major share of the global market. Prominent players operating in the global smart hospital beds market include:
- Stryker Corporation
- Malvestio Spa
- Hill-Rom Services, Inc.
- Amico Group of Companies
- Antano Group
- Besco Medical Co., Ltd.
- BaKare Beds Ltd.
- Gendron, Inc.
- Getinge AB
- GF Health Products, Inc.
- Invacare Corporation
- Midmark Corporation
Global Smart Hospital Beds Market: Research Scope
Global Smart Hospital Beds Market, by Product
- long term Care Beds
- Psychiatric beds
- Acute Care Beds
- Pediatric Beds
- Bariatric Beds
- Critical Care Beds
- Labor and delivery beds
- Medical and Surgical Beds
Global Smart Hospital Beds Market, by Bed Type
- Semi-electric Beds
- Electric Beds
- Manual Beds
- Wireless beds
Global Smart Hospital Beds Market, by Application
- Intensive Care Beds
- General Ward
- Acute Care
Global Smart Hospital Beds Market, by End-user
- Ambulatory Surgery Centers
- Rehabilitation Centers
- Home Care
Global Smart Hospital Beds Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Australia & New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.