Sludge Dewatering Equipment Market
Sludge Dewatering Equipment Market (Technology: Belt Filter Press, Centrifuges, Rotator Disc Press, and Screw Press; and Application: Municipal Sludge and Industrial Sludge) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Agricultural Sector under Scrutiny for Spreading COVID-19 through Wastewater
COVID-19 (coronavirus) infections in residuals, biosolids, and sludge have become a matter of concern for water resource recovery facilities. This has fueled the demand for advanced sludge dewatering equipment that help in efficient wastewater treatment. There have been concerns related to potential effects to public health due to the infected municipal sludge. Though there have not been any reported cases that emphasize exposure to the COVID-19 due to biosolids, water resource recovery facilities are under scrutiny for efficient treatment of sludge. Hence, companies in the sludge dewatering equipment market are streamlining their production activities as per requirements of water resource recovery facilities.
The traditional risk assessment involves hazard identification and risk characterization to evaluate the spread of COVID-19 from sludge and biosolids. Even the agricultural sector is under scrutiny for spreading COVID-19 through agricultural sludge and wastewater. Thus, governments are urging operators to not spread sewage sludge without prior disinfection. These factors are likely to drive the sludge dewatering equipment market during the forecast period.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Sludge Dewatering Equipment Market
Personalized Analysis with Municipalities Helps in Efficient Wastewater Treatment
The treatment of urban and industrial effluents is crucial to reduce the costs associated with the transportation of sludge. Companies in the sludge dewatering equipment market are collaborating with top engineers to innovate in machines that provide cost-efficient treatment of urban and industrial effluents. For instance, EMO -an expert in industrial and urban sludge treatment is offering a full range of equipment for sludge treatment plants and industrial effluent treatment plants.
Wastewater treatment is another aspect of effluent management, which is catching the attention of companies in the sludge dewatering equipment market. Companies are conducting personalized analysis of the needs of municipalities to achieve efficient wastewater treatment. Cutting-edge sludge dewatering equipment are capable of efficiently treating sludge to facilitate its recycling. Market players are tapping into opportunities in the treatment of drinking water sludge to broaden their revenue streams.
Rental Services for Sludge Dewatering Equipment Grow Popular Due to Cost Efficiency
Innovative business models such as rental services for sludge dewatering equipment are generating incremental opportunities for machine manufacturers. Sandling Industrial Service - a provider of waste management services is increasing efforts to provide rental services for sludge dewatering equipment, since owing the equipment can be potentially expensive. Municipal operators are increasingly preferring to rent sludge dewatering equipment, owing to its cost efficiency. Hence, companies in the sludge dewatering equipment market are streamlining their production levels according to the needs of sewage operators.
Rental service providers in the sludge dewatering equipment market are increasing efforts to solve the wastewater and dewatering needs of sludge operators. Companies are increasing their rental services for belt press rentals and comprehensive mechanical dewatering services to meet requirements of sludge operators.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Portable Container-based Solutions Easily Accommodate during Expansion of Facilities
There is a growing demand for portable sludge dewatering equipment in small sewage treatment plants. Flottweg - a German manufacturer of machines for mechanical liquid-solid separation has expanded its product portfolio in mobile sludge dewatering equipment to meet stringent budgets of small sewage treatment plants. Many times, when treatment facilities expand in terms of space, shifting of stationary sludge dewatering machines can be potentially cost-intensive. Hence, companies in the sludge dewatering equipment market are increasing the availability of portable machines to meet the needs of sewage operators.
The construction of a new building or expansion of an existing treatment facility is common. This phenomenon has fueled the demand for mobile sludge dewatering equipment. Manufacturers in the sludge dewatering equipment market are increasing their focus in container-based solutions instead of fixed dewatering installations. The convenient plug and play option in container-based systems is being highly preferred by wastewater treatment facilities.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Sludge Dewatering Equipment Market
Post Liming Sludge Stabilization Activities Translate into Growth Opportunities for Equipment Companies
Companies in the sludge dewatering equipment market are focusing on investments to develop lime sludge stabilization systems to capitalize on incremental opportunities. As such, the market is estimated to be valued at US$ 5 Bn by the end of 2030. Thus, in order to gain global recognition in the market, manufacturers are gaining proficiency in offering custom-designed systems to meet unique requirements of sludge operators. For instance, Sodimat-a provider of bulk handling and processing equipment has gained efficacy to offer custom-designed systems built with lime storage tanks.
Adaptable sludge dewatering equipment are highly preferred by operators, since these operators have site-specific requirements for the storage, loading, and transportation of lime sludge. Post liming sludge stabilization is a key market driver, which is translating into growth for the sludge dewatering equipment market.
Manufacturers Improve Design Capabilities to Avoid Leakage of Sludge from Vehicles
The mechanical sludge dewatering technique helps in significant decline in sludge volume and mass by means of sludge water removal. Sludge operators are using sludge dewatering equipment to flocculate the industrial and urban effluents with the addition of polymers to achieve rapid and intensive mixing of the sludge. In order to obtain optimum dewatering results, HUBER Technology-a provider of state-of-the-art equipment for municipal and industrial water is increasing its marketing capabilities for its small screw presses, belt filter presses, and centrifuges to achieve optimum dewatering results.
Companies in the sludge dewatering equipment market are designing small screw presses with pneumatic counter-pressure cone to provide cost-efficient sludge dewatering. As such, consistent cake dryness and low risk of spilling/leaking is highly preferred by wastewater treatment operators. Companies in the sludge dewatering equipment market are developing machines that facilitate recycling of wastewater in order to conserve the depleting environmental resources.
The French National Health Security Agency has urged wastewater operators to conduct prior disinfection of effluents before its stabilization in facilities to avoid any spread of COVID-19. Companies are developing teams with skilled technicians and engineers that provide custom services to sludge operators to determine the best processes for the treatment of effluents. However, it is expensive to own sludge dewatering equipment for sludge operators. Hence, companies in the sludge dewatering equipment market should educate sludge operators about rental services to achieve cost savings. Manufacturers should gain efficacy in building custom-designed systems for post liming sludge stabilization. Portable sludge dewatering equipment are gaining increased popularity, owing to its cost-efficiency.
Sludge Dewatering Equipment Market: Overview
- Sewage sludge is produced as an outcome of treating wastewater to eradicate organic and inorganic impurities from diluted solutions
- Sludge dewatering plays a major role in disposal of sludge, particularly when sludge disposal methods comprise residual disposal and landfill disposal, both economically and operationally
- Sludge dewatering process reduces volume and increases the solid content of sludge. This, in turn, lowers sludge storage and transportation cost of disposal.
- Sludge dewatering equipment helps achieve cost savings in terms of transportation, bio-solid storage, and sludge disposal
- Among all the sludge dewatering equipment, centrifuges technology entails more labor and capital investment to operate vis-à-vis other technologies
- Sludge dewatering equipment for wastewater treatment plants functions at less than four million gallons per day (MGD)
Growth in Sludge Generation to Drive Sludge Dewatering Equipment Market
- Sludge produced from sewage treatment plants is not incinerated or land applied. It must go through the dewatering process before its incineration or disposal. This sludge disposal is carried out by using mechanical sludge dewatering equipment or application of sand beds.
- Selection of the appropriate sludge dewatering technique depends on the available space, moisture content, and characteristics of the sludge to be dewatered
- Solid levels, water content, concentration of dry solids, sludge density, and solids capture are some of the major characteristics of sludge based on which dewatering equipment is selected. These parameters are expected to augment the sludge dewatering equipment market, as different technologies are required for different sludge densities. Furthermore, rise in investment in wastewater treatment by government facilities and industrial facilities is anticipated to boost the sludge dewatering equipment market in the near future.
High Capital and Operational & Maintenance (O&M) Cost to Hamper Sludge Dewatering Equipment Market
- The total estimated capital expenditure for sludge dewatering equipment is higher than most of the cost of construction works. Furthermore, the operation & maintenance (O&M) cost of sludge dewatering equipment is estimated at 15% to 25% of the total operational costs. The O&M cost includes cost related to sewage and sludge treatment in facilities.
- The structure of the O&M cost includes chemicals cost, sludge disposal cost, cost of servicing of sludge dewatering equipment, and other minor cost
- Sludge disposal cost is calculated based on quantity of sludge produced in wastewater treatment plants. Sludge disposal in municipal and industrial wastewater treatment plants represents the bulk of the cost of operations. These costs can range anywhere from 40% to 60% of total plant costs, which primarily depend on the size of the plant and wastewater sludge.
- The chemical cost refers to dosage cost of poly-electrolyte, iron chloride, and citric acid
- Energy consumption cost is calculated based on application of sludge dewatering equipment and operational hours during the day
- In case of additional engagement of expert staff, the cost is expected to increase by 5% depending on the volume of sludge and its thickness
- The factors mentioned above are estimated to hamper the global sludge dewatering equipment market during the forecast period
Growth in Demand for Sludge Dewatering Equipment in Urban and Industrial Development Activities to Provide Opportunities for Sludge Dewatering Equipment Market
- New sewage and sludge treatment capacities are needed to meet the significant upward shift in demand from urban and industrial development
- Major factors need to be taken into consideration while looking for sludge dewatering include:
- Discharge consent from environment agencies
- Sewage treatment experience and expertise
- Treatment and disposal route for sludge that is generated in the sewage treatment plants
- Means of transporting sewage from customer to sewage treatment plants
- There exists major differences in organizational, technological, and environmental standards in existing sludge and sewage treatment facilities. This is estimated to provide immense opportunities for the sewage treatment using sludge dewatering.
- Thus, significant rise in demand for sludge dewatering equipment from urban and industrial development is expected to offer lucrative opportunities to the global sludge dewatering equipment market during the forecast period
Recent Developments, Expansions, Acquisitions, and New Contracts in Sludge Dewatering Equipment Market
- In July 2020, ALFA LAVAL announced that it had won an order to supply Framo pumping systems to an FPSO (Floating Production, Storage and Offloading) vessel to be built in China. The order is valued at approximately SEK 130 Mn. It was booked late June in the Pumping Systems unit of the Marine Division, with deliveries scheduled for 2021.
- In October 2019, Econet Group and Russia-based Ilim Group made a deal of a turnkey contract worth Euro 13 Mn to build a new factory in Ust-Ilimsk. The turnkey contract includes design, implementation, and wastewater treatment machinery of wastewater treatment of the new pulp factory. It is expected to be commissioned in 2022.
Europe is Highly Lucrative Region of Sludge Dewatering Equipment Market
- Europe is projected to be a highly lucrative region of the global sludge dewatering equipment market during the forecast period. Majority of manufacturers operating in the region are extensively engaged in launch of new product lines of sludge dewatering equipment.
- Significant expansion in the sludge dewatering equipment market in Europe can mostly be observed in Eastern and Western Europe, driven by growth in production of sludge due to advancement in wastewater treatment technology
- Germany is one of the emerging countries for sludge dewatering equipment. The market in the country is likely to expand at a CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period.
- More than 80% of industries and households in Germany are connected to the sludge treatment system. This is boosting the demand for sludge dewatering equipment in the country.
Highly Competitive Sludge Dewatering Equipment Market
- The global sludge dewatering equipment market is highly competitive. High capital and operational & maintenance (O&M) costs are incurred for constructing and operating sludge dewatering facilities. This increases the competition in the market. Several major players are focusing on new product launches and mergers & acquisitions to consolidate their market share.
- Key players operating in the global sludge dewatering equipment market are -
- Atara Equipment Ltd.
- ALFA LAVAL
- Aqseptence Group
- Dewaco Ltd.
- Flo Trend Systems, Inc
- Therma-Flite Inc.
- Era Hydro-Biotech Energy Pvt. Ltd.
- KONTEK ECOLOGY SYSTEMS INC.
- Fournier Industries Inc.
Sludge Dewatering Equipment Market – Scope of the Report
The latest study collated and published by Transparency Market Research (TMR) analyzes the historical and present-day scenario of the global sludge dewatering equipment market in order to accurately gauge its growth potential. The study presents detailed information about important drivers, restraints, and key trends that are creating a landscape for growth of the global sludge dewatering equipment market in order to identify opportunities for market stakeholders. The report also provides insightful information about how the global sludge dewatering equipment market would expand during the forecast period of 2020 to 2030.
The report offers intricate dynamics about different aspects of the global sludge dewatering equipment market, which aid companies operating in the market in making strategic decisions. TMR’s study also elaborates on significant changes that are anticipated to configure growth of the global sludge dewatering equipment market during the forecast period. It also includes key indicator assessment that highlights growth prospects for the global sludge dewatering equipment market and estimates statistics related to the market in terms of value (US$ Mn).
This study covers detailed segmentation of the global sludge dewatering equipment market, along with key information and competition outlook. The report mentions company profiles of players that are currently dominating the global sludge dewatering equipment market, wherein various developments, expansions, and winning strategies practiced by these players have been presented in detail.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Report on Sludge Dewatering Equipment Market
The report provides detailed information about the global sludge dewatering equipment market on the basis of comprehensive research on various factors that are playing a key role in accelerating growth of the global market. Information mentioned in the report answers path-breaking questions for companies that are currently operating in the global market and are looking for innovative methods to create a unique benchmark in the market so as to help them design successful strategies and make target-driven decisions.
- Which segments of the global sludge dewatering equipment market would emerge as key revenue generators for the market during the forecast period?
- How are major market players successfully earning revenues in the global sludge dewatering equipment market?
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global sludge dewatering equipment market between 2020 and 2030?
- What are the winning imperatives of leading players operating in the global sludge dewatering equipment market?
Research Methodology – Sludge Dewatering Equipment Market
The research methodology adopted by analysts for compiling the report on the global sludge dewatering equipment market is based on detailed primary as well as secondary research. With the help of in-depth insights of the market-affiliated information obtained and legitimated by market-admissible resources, analysts have offered riveting observations and authentic forecasts of the global sludge dewatering equipment market.
During the primary research phase, analysts have interviewed market stakeholders, investors, brand managers, vice presidents, and sales & marketing managers. Based on data obtained through interviews of genuine resources, analysts have emphasized the changing scenario of the global sludge dewatering equipment market.
For secondary research, analysts have scrutinized numerous annual report publications, white papers, market association publications, and company websites to obtain the necessary understanding of the global sludge dewatering equipment market.
Sludge Dewatering Equipment Market – Segmentation
TMR’s research study assesses the global sludge dewatering equipment market based on technology, application, and region. The report presents extensive market dynamics and progressive trends associated with different segments and how they are influencing growth prospects for the global sludge dewatering equipment market.