Silicon Photomultiplier Market
Silicon Photomultiplier Market (Type: NUV SiPMs and RGB SiPMs; and Application: Biophotonics & Medical Imaging, High Energy Physics, Hazard & Threat Detection, LiDAR & 3D Ranging, Analytical Instruments, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Widening Applications of Silicon Photomultipliers in Various Industries to Aid Market Growth
The silicon photomultiplier technology is mainly used to enhance the sensitivity and timing of photo detection applications. In addition, as silicon photomultipliers offer immense benefits in the detection of light wavelengths in near-infrared to the near-ultraviolet range, silicon photomultiplier sensors are growing popularity worldwide. In addition, as silicon photomultiplier offers higher efficiency in comparison with heavy photomultiplier tubes while quantifying, detecting, and timing the different levels of light, the demand for silicon photomultipliers has witnessed consistent growth over the past decade. Another major advantage of silicon photomultipliers is that they have the ability to identify a broad spectrum of photons in a host of applications– a factor that is expected to provide a boost to the global silicon photomultiplier market during the assessment period.
In the current scenario, silicon photomultipliers are increasingly used for an array of applications, including sorting, 3D ranging, recycling, and threat detection. Moreover, as silicon photomultiplier sensors can resist mechanical shocks, silicon photomultiplier sensors are increasingly being used in a range of light detection applications. At present, market players involved in the silicon photomultiplier market are increasingly focusing on the design and size of sensors, and offering customized solutions to their clients.
At the back of these factors, along with consistent progress in technology, the global silicon photomultiplier market is on the course to attain a market value of US$ 167.5 Mn by the end of 2027.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Silicon Photomultiplier Market
Silicon Photomultipliers Mark Beginning of New Era in Photo Detection
The rapid progress in modern semi-conductor structures has paved the way for innovations and fast-paced developments in the silicon photomultiplier market. Silicon photomultipliers largely gained popularity, as they addressed various problems in metal resistive semiconductor (MRS) structures. The growing adoption of photonics in life science research is a major factor that is expected to propel the demand for silicon photomultipliers during the assessment period.
In the current scenario, silicon photomultipliers have emerged as a cutting-edge photon detection solution and as per current trends, the demand is expected to witness a further boost in the upcoming years. In addition, as per stakeholders across the current silicon photomultiplier market landscape, silicon photomultipliers could potentially open new avenues for next-generation bio-photonic instruments and techniques. The consistent development in new technologies and research is expected to play an essential role in the development of the global silicon photomultiplier market during the stipulated timeframe of the study.
Growing Adoption of Silicon Photomultipliers in Various Applications to Propel Market
The adoption of silicon photomultipliers in various applications, including quantum optics, quantum information research, two-photon imaging, and medical is expected to provide considerable opportunities for players involved in the current silicon photomultiplier market landscape. In the past few years, quantum technologies have garnered considerable attention, owing to potential benefits of the same in information processing. Furthermore, the photonics field continues to establish itself as an optimal platform for high transmission rates and robustness of optical states against de-coherence effects due to which, the demand for silicon photomultipliers is expected to witness considerable growth. In addition, silicon photomultipliers are increasingly growing in demand due to their low costs, robust build, and compactness.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
In the medical sector, silicon photomultipliers are gradually replacing photomultiplier tubes and avalanche photodiodes, particularly in PET and medical imaging applications. Some of the major medical fields wherein silicon photomultiplier are likely to gain considerable traction include PET/MR and hadron therapy. Over the past few years, 3D-silicon photomultipliers have gained considerable adoption due to advancements in the LiDAR technology, mainly in the automotive industry. Other applications wherein silicon photomultipliers are being extensively used include LiDAR & 3D ranging, analytical instruments, and high energy physics– a major factor expected to boost the market.
Market Growth Likely to Remain Sluggish amid COVID-19 Pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic is expected to have a negative impact on the overall growth of the silicon photomultiplier market, majorly in 2020. While research activities are likely to continue at a consistent pace, operations on the manufacturing side are likely to face the heat due to stringent lockdown measures and various other restrictions imposed by governments. While the demand from the automotive sector is likely to remain sluggish, market players are anticipated to explore the potential applications of silicon photomultipliers in the medical sector to curb the transmission of the novel coronavirus. While market growth is likely to remain bleak in 2020, the market is expected to show signs of recovery in the last quarter of 2020.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Silicon Photomultiplier Market
The global silicon photomultiplier market is expected to expand at an impressive CAGR of ~8% during the forecast period. The market growth can be primarily attributed to advancements in photomultiplier sensors, growing adoption of photonic imaging in various applications, research and development activities, and growing investments toward the development of new technologies. Market players are projected to closely track developments in various industries to identify the potential applications of silicon photomultipliers in these sectors. In addition, market players should also focus on leveraging new advancements in technology to launch improved and efficient silicon photomultiplier solutions to gain an advantage in the current market landscape.
Silicon Photomultiplier Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global silicon photomultiplier market for the historical year 2017 and the forecast period 2019– 2027, increasing use of SiPMs in the automotive industry for ADAS applications and demand in detection and imaging applications with advanced features are expected to boost the global silicon photomultiplier market during the forecast period
- In terms of revenue, the global silicon photomultiplier market is estimated to reach value of US$ 167.5 Mn by 2027, expanding at a CAGR of ~8% during the forecast period
Increasing Use of SiMPs in Automotive Industry for ADAS Applications: A Key Driver
- LiDAR has become a critical requirement for Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS) as the automotive industry moves toward improved driver safety and autonomous cars. SensL is developing a new range of SiPM, the R-Series that has improved detection efficiency at longer wavelengths used in LiDAR.
- Silicon Photomultipliers (SiPM) and Single Photon Avalanche Diode (SPAD) sensors are emerging as the most promising sensor technology for long range, >100m, direct time-of-flight LiDAR that needs to function in bright daylight and with low reflectance targets. Jakajima B.V. has developed LIDAR dedicated Single-Photon Avalanche Diode (SPAD) arrays and Silicon Photomultiplier (SiPM) arrays, which are manufactured within the company’s own automotive qualified 0.35µm CMOS technology.
- This driver is expected to have a high impact on the global silicon photomultipliers (SiPM) market during the forecast period
Demand in Detection and Imaging Applications with Advanced Features: A Key Driver
- The excellent performance of SiPMs, which is detection up to single photon detection capability, changed the understanding of the fundamental principle of light detection and provided the possibility of reaching the limit of detection of the photon flux
- Silicon photomultipliers (SiPMs) are the new step in the development of modern detection structures in the area of low photon flux detection with a unique capability of detection up to the single photon
- This driver is also expected to have a high impact on the global silicon photomultipliers (SiPM) market during the forecast period
Technological Incompatibility of SiPMs Hindering Growth of Silicon Photomultiplier Market
- The development of SiPM in the CMOS framework faces significant issues. The most relevant problem in the integration of such structures within CMOS technology is that they can suffer localized breakdown conditions on the locally concentrated high electric field at the junction edges.
- Although CMOS compatible technology offers some possibility of implementing such guard rings, it is normally needed to add specific masks in order to allow the overlap between highly doped and low doped regions and to correct the doping profiles.
- Another problem in the development of SiPM quantum devices within the standard CMOS technology is the difficulty to control the thermal e/h pairs generating the dark noise of the optical detector. These restraints might hamper the market as this affects the manufacturing techniques of manufacturers.
Silicon Photomultiplier Market: Competition Landscape
- Detailed profiles of providers of silicon photomultipliers have been provided in the report to evaluate their financials, key product offerings, recent developments, and strategies
- Key players operating in the global silicon photomultiplier market are
- Cremat Excelitas Technologies Corporation
- Cremat Inc.
- First Sensor AG
- Ketek GMBH
- Radiation Monitoring Devices Inc.
Silicon Photomultiplier Market: Key Developments
- Key providers of silicon photomultipliers, such as Dedrone, DeTect, Inc., DroneShield, Enterprise Control Systems, and Lockheed Martin Corporation are focusing on the construction of cost-effective silicon photomultipliers so as to attract more customers. Some other key developments in the global silicon photomultiplier market are highlighted below:
- In May 2020, Broadcom announced the availability of DX NetOps powered by Broadcom Silicon, the industry’s first AI-driven, high scale operations monitoring and analytics solution. DX NetOps delivers fine-grain per packet and flow level visibility to mitigate complex network congestion.
- In September 2019, KETEK's launched the new SiPM-TIA-Module as an excellent plug-and-play PMT replacement, based on its PM33xx-WB silicon photomultipliers. It offers exceptional linearity with an internal low-noise preamplifier and has an integrated bias circuit.
- In the global silicon photomultiplier market report, we have discussed individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of silicon photomultiplier systems. The ‘Competition Landscape’ section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and company market share analysis of key players operating in the global silicon photomultiplier market.
Silicon Photomultiplier Market – Scope of the Report
A new study on the global silicon photomultiplier market is published by Transparency Market Research (TMR). It presents detailed information of key market dynamics, including drivers, trends, and challenges of the global silicon photomultiplier market as well as its structure. TMR’s study offers valuable information on the global silicon photomultiplier market in order to illustrate how the global market is expected to expand during the forecast period i.e. 2019 – 2027.
Key indicators of market growth, which include value chain analysis and compound annual growth rate (CAGR), have been elucidated in TMR’s study in a comprehensive manner. This data can help readers interpret the quantitative growth aspects of the global silicon photomultiplier market.
An extensive analysis of business strategies adopted by leading market players has been also featured in TMR’s study on the global silicon photomultiplier market. This can help readers understand key factors responsible for growth of the global silicon photomultiplier market. In this study, readers can also find specific data on avenues for qualitative and quantitative growth of the global silicon photomultiplier market. This data would guide market players in making apt decisions in the near future.
Key Questions Answered in TMR’s Study on Silicon Photomultiplier Market
- What would be the Y-o-Y growth trend of the global silicon photomultiplier market between 2017 and 2027?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technology on the global silicon photomultiplier market?
- Would North America continue to be the most dominant regional market for providers of silicon photomultipliers in the next few years?
- Which factors would hinder the global silicon photomultiplier market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies operating in the global silicon photomultiplier market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct comprehensive research on the global silicon photomultiplier market and arrive at conclusions on future growth prospects for the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the conclusions drawn.
Secondary research sources referred to by analysts during production of the report on the global silicon photomultiplier market include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and market white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, product portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who have contributed to the production of TMR’s study on the global silicon photomultiplier market as a primary research source.
These primary and secondary sources provided exclusive information during interviews, which served as a validation from leading players operating in the global silicon photomultiplier market. Access to an extensive internal repository as well as external proprietary databases allowed this report to address specific details and questions about the global silicon photomultiplier market with accuracy. The study also uses a top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and a bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in making TMR’s estimates on future prospects for the global silicon photomultiplier market more reliable and accurate.
Silicon Photomultiplier Market – Segmentation
TMR’s study on the global silicon photomultiplier market divides the market based on type, application, and region. Changing market trends and other crucial market dynamics associated with segments of the global silicon photomultiplier market have been discussed in detail in TMR’s study.