Silicon Carbide MOSFETs Market: Introduction
- Silicon carbide MOSFETs offer superior dynamic and thermal performance over conventional silicon power MOSFETs. It offers various benefits such as high efficiency and low switching losses, improved thermal capabilities to 175 degrees Celsius, and eliminates the need for external freewheeling diode.
- Silicon carbide MOSFET eliminates the tail current which results in faster operation, reduced switching losses, and increased stabilization. The lower ON resistance and compact chip size of silicon carbide results in less capacitance and gate charge.
- Silicon carbide MOSFET is an attractive electronic switch for innovative power supply and motor drive solutions and are used in a wide range of applications such as industrial equipment, electric vehicles, power, and solar & wind sector.
Increasing Demand for Silicon Carbide MOSFETs in Automotive Industry
- Demand for silicon carbide MOSFETs is increasing in the automobile industry for faster switching speed, and switching power supplies. Electrification of vehicles is a growing trend and demand for electric and hybrid vehicles are increasing. This factor is fueling the market growth.
- Apart from the automotive industry, demand for silicon carbide MOSFETs is increasing in consumer electronics products such as air conditioners, refrigerators, and laptops, thus creating growth opportunities for the silicon carbide MOSFETs market.
Changing Government Regulations May Hamper Market Growth
- Countries in various regions (North America, Asia Pacific, and Europe) have changed import tariffs and taxes on electronic instruments and consumer electronics over the last few years. This is affecting the sales of semiconductors and electronic devices in these regions.
- Along with this, reluctance by various small and medium manufacturing industries for the adoption of silicon carbide MOSFETs is limiting the growth of the silicon carbide MOSFETs market.
Asia Pacific to Lead the Silicon Carbide MOSFETs Market
- In terms of region, the global silicon carbide MOSFETs market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, and Middle East & Africa
- The silicon carbide MOSFETs market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at the maximum CAGR during the forecast period.
- This growth is attributed to increasing demand for consumer electronics, increasing adoption of advanced devices, growing awareness about electric vehicles among the people, and increasing usage of silicon carbide MOSFETs in the automotive sector. Thus, these factors are expected to increase the demand for silicon carbide MOSFETs in Asia Pacific.
- The silicon carbide MOSFETs market in North America, South America, and Europe is likely to experience high growth rate due to the increasing adoption of silicon carbide MOSFETs for consumer electronics. The market in Middle East & Africa is also expected to witness significant growth due to adoption of electric vehicles and other consumer electronics.
Key Players in the Global Market
The global silicon carbide MOSFETs market is highly fragmented. Prominent players operating in the global market are focusing on product launch and technological developments to meet the growing demand for silicon carbide MOSFETs.
Key players operating in the global silicon carbide MOSFETs market include:
- Infineon Technologies AG
- ROHM Semiconductor
- GeneSiC Semiconductor Inc.
- CREE Inc.
Global Silicon Carbide MOSFETs Market: Research Scope
Global Silicon Carbide MOSFETs, by Application
- Consumer Electronics
- Energy & Utility
Global Silicon Carbide MOSFETs Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.