Sewage Pumps Market
Sewage Pump Market (Product: Surface Sewage Pumps and Submersible Sewage Pumps); End Use: (Residential, Industrial, and Commercial) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2027
Press Release :
Sewage Pump Market to Ride of the Coattails of Wastewater Treatment Industry’s Growth
The wastewater treatment industry has witnessed continuous growth, with advanced pumping solutions taking center stage, and propelling the demand for sewage pumps across a variety of applications. Wastewater treatment is one of the largest end-use industries for sewage pumps, contributing to the rise in the sales of sewage pumps, globally.
The worldwide trend for efficient and large sewage and wastewater treatment plants has led to an upsurge in the requirement for larger pumps. Key players are extending their existing products to include extra-large sizes of the pumps to meet this need. For instance, in October 2018, KSB SE & KGaA, a leading manufacturer of pumps, announced that it had extended its product range to include bigger sizes to its Sewatec pump series. Tsurumi Manufacturing Co. Ltd. has been investing in the production of the BZ series pumps, which are heavy-duty, submergible sewage and wastewater pumps that can be used in sewerage and wastewater treatment plants, as well as in rain water drainage, flood water removal, and factory wastewater drainage systems.
Within the sewage pump industry, players have also been working on integrating technology into sewage pump stations, which enables efficiency. For instance, in May 2018, a German manufacturer of pumps and pump systems, Wilo SE, launched a new product mid-2018, the Smart Sewage Pump Station with Nexos Intelligence, as a way of making these pumps energy-efficient, and improving operational reliability and connectivity.
Looking for Customized Insights to build your business for future, ask for a sample report here
Energy-neutral Wastewater Treatment Gaining Traction
Wastewater treatment plants are some of the largest consumers of energy, triggering energy-saving activities and innovation in energy-efficient sewage pumps. According to the European Commission, in Europe, municipal water treatment systems consume as much energy as two power plants in a year. However, studies show that, these wastewater treatment plants can achieve energy-neutrality without compromising on the performance of various components used in water treatment plants, including sewage pumps.
This aligns with the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals 6, which focuses on halving the proportion of untreated wastewater, thereby reducing water pollution. With the incorporation of technology into the industry, companies are looking at various avenues to achieve energy-neutrality by using biogas, solar energy, and even thermal and hydro power.
This is opening up scope for players in the sewage pump market to manufacture products that are engineered to not just focus on hydraulic efficacy but also be energy-efficient. Stakeholders in the market are working towards performance reliability in products offering maximum uptime, while being highly energy-efficient. The attempt to make these pumps energy-efficient also includes making them viable for integrating them into sewage systems that run on green energy.
The incorporation of technology has also been an important aspect in improving the efficacy of pumps. Players in the market are now using technology to monitor and improve the health of pumps, in turn, reducing operating costs and extending the equipment’s life.
To get glimpse of what our report offers, ask for a report brochure here
Awareness of Impact of Untreated Water on the Environment to Drive Market Growth
The World Health Organization’s report on the progress on water treatment says that, with only around 55% of domestic water being collected getting effectively treated, it poses a risk to the environment and the health of millions of people who live near polluted water sources. Increase in awareness about this issue has led governments and municipal organizations to take steps towards building infrastructure for the proper management of wastewater. This has given impetus to the sewage pump market, as stakeholders are looking at manufacturing innovative and efficient pumps across the residential, commercial, and industrial sectors.
The growing demand for clean water, along with the underlying mega-trend of population growth, is enhancing the demand for sewage pumps around the world. As of 2018, the value of the sewage pump market was US$ ~9.5 Bn, and it is expected to reach US$ ~16.9 Bn by 2027.
To get a bird’s eye view of Sewage Pump Market’s forecasts, ask for a Custom Report
High Cost of Replacing Ageing Equipment May Restrain Market
The biggest challenge faced by players in the sewage pump market is ageing equipment, with wastewater treatment plants working with machinery that is obsolete and ineffective.
The struggle faced by players in the wastewater treatment market to keep abreast of the many regulations that are complex, being enforced by governments and other regulatory institutions, is also a concern. The high costs of updating ageing equipment and meet these regulation standards can negatively influence players in the sewage pump market.
Submergible Sewage Pumps to Remain Popular in the Landscape
Submergible sewage pumps have remained popular in the market, with a revenue share of ~90% of the global market for sewage pumps, in 2018. This trend is unlikely to change during the period of 2019-2027, due to the fact that, they are more energy-efficient and require no priming in comparison to surface sewage pumps. Submersible sewage pumps are also widely used in wastewater treatment plants as inside pumps, in industrial water extraction, seawater handling, irrigation systems, among other industries.
Submersible sewage pumps are continuing to remain the popular choice spurring innovation. Players in the sewage pump market have launched products that improve the efficiency and durability factors to cater to the specific pumping needs of various industries. For instance, Xylem, a leading player in the sewage pump market has launched a stainless steel submergible sewage pump in 2019 that has customizable options to fit exact requirements.
Analysis of the Competitive Landscape
The global sewage pump market is fragmented and highly competitive with not just leading players operating but also a large number of smaller players crowding the landscape. The emergence of newer players is ushering in innovation in the efficiency of sewage pumps that is driving research and development within the market. The market is continuing to evolve rapidly in recent years, with companies looking to incorporate technological trends in the manufacture of sewage pumps.
From the geographical standpoint, as of 2018, Asia Pacific held the largest share of the market with ~40% of the global market share, closely followed by Europe with around ~20%, and this trend is likely to continue over the forecast period. Players in this region are looking to consolidate their standing by working to address the needs of the wastewater industry and work towards energy-efficient sewage pumps. In the Asia Pacific region, China, Japan, and India lead the market.
Key players in the sewage pump market are looking to consolidate their geographical position by acquiring companies for expanding their distribution and service networks. Some of the key developments in the landscape include:
- In April 2018, KSB SE & Co KGaA acquired Dubric Industries Inc, a leading provider of pumps, and service provider in North America, to expand into the region.
- In January 2018, Armstrong Fluid Technology, a major player in the fluid flow equipment industry in North America acquired HALM Motors + Systems GmbH, a German circulator manufacturer, to increase its market share in Europe.
The need for effective wastewater management systems has led to the innovation of energy-efficient components for treatment plants, especially sewage pumps. Authors of this study on the sewage pump market opine that, this market is set to expand at a moderately fast rate at a CAGR of ~7% during the forecast period of 2019-2027. The incorporation of technology to increase efficiency, reduce downtime, and ensure trouble-free operations is set to have a significant impact on the development of this market, and stakeholders offering innovation in energy-efficient sewage pumps will have a stronghold in this market.
In addition, increased awareness of the environmental impact of untreated water has brought increased funds for the innovation of energy-efficient products. Furthermore, Asia Pacific is to remain the top revenue pocket for stakeholders in the market aiming at launching new products in the landscape.
Sewage Pump Market: Overview
- The global sewage pump market is projected to expand at a CAGR of ~7%, and reach a valuation of ~US$16.9 Bn by the year 2027.
- As far as volume is concerned, the global sewage pump market is projected to reach ~29 million units at the end of the period of forecast.
- The value chain of the global sewage pump market consists of raw material suppliers, sewage pump manufacturers, distribution network, and end-use industries.
- In general, a sewage pump system consists of a motor and an impeller. The raw materials used to make motor and motor shafts are cast iron and stainless steel. Impellers are made of cast iron. Other raw materials used include chromium iron, bronze, and tungsten.
- Global sewage pump manufacturers either purchase motors and impellers from outside and finally assemble the system, or perform backward integration and manufacture motors and impellers specifically for their sewage pump products.
- Global pump manufacturers use both, direct sales force or sell their products through third-party independent channel partners such as distributors, dealers, and retailers.
Sewage Pump Market: United States
- Sewage pump market players in the U.S. have good opportunity. In January 2016, as per the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), the total opportunity in the U.S. sewage and wastewater market stood at US$ 271 Bn for market players in 2020, which is expected to increase to US$ 550.0 Bn by 2025.
- Opportunity distribution is as follows: Secondary water treatment - US$ 52.4 Bn; advanced wastewater treatment - US$ 49.6 Bn; conveyance system repair - US$ 51.2 Bn; new conveyance systems - US$ 44.5 Bn; combined sewer overflow correction - US$ 48 Bn; and storm water management programs - US$ 19.2 Bn.
- Areas that require investment in sewage pumps include the pipes that carry wastewater to treatment plants, and the technology that treats the water.
- EPA offers financial assistance to address wastewater treatment infrastructure needs. The Clean Water State Revolving Fund has provided more than US$ 111 Bn in low-interest loans since its inception in 1987, with US$ 5.8 Bn in FY2015 alone.
- All these factors present a good opportunity for sewage pump market players to increase their revenue in the U.S. market.
Sewage Pump Market: Trends
- Trends that are visible in the global wastewater treatment industry are applicable across the global wastewater treatment industry.
- Increase in mergers & acquisitions (M&A) among global sewage pump and EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) market players signal a consolidation in the water and wastewater industry.
- Drought and environmental concerns renew interest in water reuse and desalination. The reuse of municipal wastewater is increasing.
- In the U.S., more than 247 reuse projects are currently in various stages of planning. Roughly, US$ 21.4 Bn is spent for desalination in the U.S., and the expected investment is set to reach US$ 48.2 Bn by 2020.
- Wastewater is changing its components in the 21st century. Presently, wastewater contains less fluid and more solid, wipes, and disposables.
- The global wipes and disposable market has grown from US$ 93 Bn in 2003 to US$ 170 Bn in 2013, and is expanding at a CAGR of 5.6% till 2018. The U.S. wipes and disposable market has also grown at 3.6% till 2018.
Sewage Pump Market: Bifurcation
- The prominent end users of sewage pumps are municipal and public utilities.
- Additionally, sewage pumps can be used at any place where sewage needs to be treated, ranging from bakery manufacturers to water companies.
- Based on product, the sewage pump market has been categorized into surface sewage pumps and submersible sewage pumps.
- On the basis of end use, the global sewage pump market is bifurcated into residential, industrial, and commercial.
- In terms of region, the report classifies the market into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa (MEA), and South America.
- Regions have been analyzed in terms of value and volume shipments in the sewage pump market industry. Moreover, region-wise significant countries discussed in the report are the U.S, Canada, France, Germany, U.K., China, Japan, India, GCC, South Africa, and Brazil.
Sewage Pump Market: Key Players
Company profiles of players operating in the sewage pump market include company overview, major business strategies, and key developments. Companies profiled in the global sewage pump market include -
- Xylem Inc.
- Sulzer Ltd.
- KSB SE & Co. KGaA
- Wilo Group
- Armstrong Fluid Technology
- Grundfos Holding A/S
- Tsurumi Manufacturing Co. Ltd.
- The Gorman-Rupp Company
- C.R.I. Pumps Private Ltd.
- Nanjing Lanshen Pump Corp. Ltd.
Sewage Pump Market: Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s report on the sewage pump market is an all-inclusive study on the historical data, current scenario, and future prospects of the market. The study provides data on the different segments and analytics of the same, by product, end use, and region, within the sewage pump market. This report also provides data on the key findings, developments, and trends that are expected to make an impact on the expansion and growth of the sewage pump market.
This report by TMR also highlights the advances made by key players and stakeholders in the sewage pump market. This, coupled with a detailed segmentation and competitive analysis of the sewage pump landscape, gives readers a complete picture of the evolution of the market.
Key Questions Answered in the Sewage Pump Market Report
This report by TMR offers accurate data and analytics based on extensive data gathered on the development and growth of the sewage pump market around the world. The report also answers very important questions about the sewage pump market, which can help stakeholders and major players make strategies to stay ahead in the business. These questions include:
- What are the drivers and restraints that are prevalent in the sewage pump market?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of the sewage pump market?
- How will different trends influence the growth and evolution of the sewage pump market?
- What is expected to be the Y-o-Y growth of the sewage pump market?
- In terms of market value and share, which regions are dominating the sewage pump market?
- Are there any strategies that are being employed by key players in the sewage pump market?
The report begins with a preface that includes the scope, market segmentation, and research highlights of the sewage pump market, followed by an executive summary as well. This is followed by a comprehensive segmentation analysis of the sewage pump market, and an analysis of the growth forecast and geographical outlook.
TMR’s report on the sewage pump market was done in 5 stages: proposal and market segmentation, market analysis, market sizing and forecasting, data validation, and report launch. The first step is the technical analysis and the segmentation of the market. This is followed by the market analysis and forecasting, which is essentially understanding the scope and opportunity of the market, while also getting insights into the trends and key players of the market.
The third step is market sizing and forecasting, which includes market estimation, forecasting, and the value addition of the market. The fourth step is data validation and feedback, which is essentially the primary source research and response analysis. The last step is the launch of the report.
Primary and secondary resources for research include, but are not limited, to company reports, company websites, white papers, and annual reports from companies, and interviews from both, the supply and demand side of the sewage pump market.
This detailed report on the sewage pump market provides a comprehensive analysis of the competitive analysis based on extensive evaluation and analysis of the various possibilities of the sewage pump market. Analysts’ conclusions on the manner of growth of the sewage pump market are based on qualitative insights from carefully-vetted sources.
Sewage Pump Market: Segmentation
The sewage pump market, according to this study by TMR, is divided into three segments - product, end use, and region. The trends, drivers, and impact of these factors are also discussed in this report, on the landscape as a whole, and by segment.
Segmentation in this report on the sewage pump market is as follows:
Surface Sewage Pumps
Submersible Sewage Pumps