Rubber Gloves Market
Rubber Gloves Market (Product Type: Latex, Nitrile, and Vinyl/TPE/CPE; Production Type: Direct Dipping, Coagulant Dipping, Heat Sensitive Dipping, and Others; Application: Examination Glove, Surgical Glove, Clean Room Glove, Household, Industrial, and Electronic; and End User: Food Industry, Pharmaceuticals & Biotechnology, Healthcare Institutes, and Others) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
Press Release :
Biodegradable, Patented Materials Revive Businesses Post Coronavirus Pandemic
Rubber gloves have gauged an unprecedented demand during the coronavirus outbreak. Companies in the rubber gloves market such as Meditech Gloves is collaborating with scientists from Britain’s Cranfield University to innovate in natural and biodegradable rubber gloves, which is an alternative to petroleum-based rubber options. Sustainability in latex gloves has become an important factor for manufacturers. Such innovations are reducing the medical and environment waste worldwide.
Manufacturers in the rubber gloves market are ramping up their production to work at breakneck speeds to meet end user demands, even amid the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. As healthcare, hospitality, and food industries have become conscious about hygiene and sanitization practices, glove manufacturers are establishing steady production capacities. In order to boost their credibility, manufacturers are increasing their R&D in patented materials.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Rubber Gloves Market
Latex versus Latex-free Gloves: Which is Better?
Natural rubber latex gloves have established a strong presence in operating rooms to reduce the risk of infection for patients and clinicians across healthcare settings. These gloves are dusted with cornstarch powder to reduce surgical site infection and serious complications for perioperative patients. However, latex allergy has emerged as an issue, causing discomfort and inconvenience. Hence, manufacturers in the rubber gloves market are increasing the availability of latex-free gloves.
Latex allergy results in low productivity of clinicians, increases financial burdens for healthcare facilities, and can be potentially life threatening. However, latex-free gloves are associated with reduced dexterity and durability as compared to latex gloves. Hence, manufacturers in the rubber gloves market are weighing the pros and cons of latex and latex-free gloves to plan production accordingly.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Heavyweight Construction in Hybrid Vinyl Nitrile Gloves Preferred in Medical Industries
Hybrid vinyl nitrile gloves are storming the global rubber gloves market. This is evident since the market is predicted to expand at a favorable CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period. Unigloves— the U.K.-based manufacturer of industry specialized disposable safety gloves is gaining popularity for its hybrid vinyl nitrile gloves, which offer superior level of comfort and dexterity as compared to conventional vinyl gloves.
Companies in the rubber gloves market are increasing their production capacities in latex-free and powder-free formulations in hybrid vinyl nitrile gloves. Food and medical grade hybrid vinyl nitrile gloves are being highly publicized for their heavyweight construction and long lasting attributes.
Dipping Technology Helps in Creating High Quality Rubber Gloves
Dipping baths are being used for natural and synthetic rubber gloves manufacturing, where metal or ceramic formers that mimic the shape of a hand are dipped in liquid latex and then dried. Companies in the global rubber gloves market such as Vaisala are using this technology with the help of liquid latex and other synthetic materials such as vinyl, nitrile, and synthetic polyisoprene.
The dipping technology has many variations where manufacturers are conducting the production in batches and continuous manner. They are focusing on adjusting the concentration of the latex, while dipping since it has a crucial effect on the final glove quality and durability.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Rubber Gloves Market
Companies in the rubber gloves market are increasing awareness about the risk of cross contamination and spread of the COVID-19 in case gloves are not sterile. Dipping baths are growing popular to increase the availability of high quality and robust rubber gloves. However, pros and cons of latex and latex-free gloves are impacting market growth. Hence, companies should increase their production capabilities in heavyweight hybrid nitrile vinyl gloves to meet end user demands. Since the coronavirus pandemic has stressed the importance and safety of workers, manufacturers have made it a priority to develop long lasting, form fitting, and durable vinyl-nitrile gloves.
Rubber Gloves Market: Overview
- According to Transparency Market Research’s latest research report on the global rubber gloves market for the historical period 2018–2019 and the forecast period 2020–2030, prominence in treatment of age-related disorders/diseases, increase in usage of gloves in numerous surgeries, and surge in awareness about hygiene among patients and healthcare providers, owing to the COVID-19 pandemic are projected to drive the global rubber gloves market in the near future
- According to the report, the global rubber gloves market was valued at US$ 7.6 Bn in 2019 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 8.5% from 2020 to 2030
Prominence in Treatment of Age-related Disorders/Diseases: Key Driver
- According to the World Health Organization, the number and proportion of people aged 60 years and older is increasing. In 2019, the number of people aged 60 years and older was 1 billion. This number is expected to increase to 1.4 billion by 2030 and 2.1 billion by 2050.
- Incidence of acute and chronic diseases is increasing among the global geriatric population. Hence, hospitalization of aged patients is also rising.
- Demand for latex products such as gloves is driven by the increase in global geriatric population
- The World Health Organization stated that between 2015 and 2050, the proportion of the world's population over 60 years will nearly double from 12% to 22%. In 2050, around 80% of older people will be living in low- and middle-income countries. The pace of population aging is much faster than in the past.
- According to the WHO, by 2050, there will be around 120 million people aged 80 years or older living in China alone, and 434 million people in this age group globally
- Older age is also characterized by the emergence of several complex health states that tend to occur only later in life and do not fall into discrete disease categories
- These factors contribute to the hospitalization of aged patients. This leads to usage of gloves for examination and surgical procedures in hospitals.
Surge in Awareness about Hygiene among Patients and Healthcare Providers: Major Driver
- The occurrence of undesirable complications from healthcare-associated infections (HAIs) has been a debated topic in the healthcare industry
- The practice of appropriate hand hygiene and gloves usage is a major contributor to patient safety, and aids in reduction of HAIs. It is more cost-effective than the treatment costs involved in a healthcare-associated infection.
- According to Standard Precautions, contact with blood or other potentially infectious materials, mucous membranes, non-intact skin, and potentially contaminated skin or contaminated equipment could occur. The usage of gloves can prevent the contamination and infection of skin, which drives the global rubber gloves market.
- According to BioMed Central Ltd. - Antimicrobial Resistance & Infection Control, about 50% of HCAIs happen due to the hand of healthcare providers
- There is a change of gloves before touching the patient or the patient environment, according to the standard hygiene protocol. This factor is expected to drive the market.
- Hence, awareness about usage of gas as a preventive measure for avoiding contamination and to reduce spread of infection is likely to increase demand for gloves during the forecast period
Rubber Gloves Market: Competition Landscape
- This report profiles major players operating in the global rubber gloves market based on various attributes such as company overview, financial overview, product portfolio, business strategies, and recent developments
- The global rubber gloves market is moderately fragmented, with the presence of a large number of leading players in the global market and several small players in regional markets. The top players hold major share of the global rubber gloves market.
- Prominent players operating in the global rubber gloves market includes
- Ansell Healthcare
- Hartalega Holdings Berhad
- Top Glove Corporation Bhd
- Cardinal Health
- Kossan Rubber Industries Bhd
- Supermax Corporation Berhad
- Clean Q Grip
- SHIELD Scientific
- UG Healthcare Corporation
- Sri Trang Gloves (Thailand) Public Company Limited
- The report on the global rubber gloves market discusses individual strategies, followed by company profiles of providers of rubber gloves. The competition landscape section has been included in the report to provide readers with a dashboard view and a company market share analysis of key players operating in the global rubber gloves market.
Rubber Gloves Market – Scope of the Report
TMR’s report on the global rubber gloves market studies the past as well as current growth trends and opportunities to gain valuable insights of these indicators for the market during the forecast period from 2020 to 2030. The report provides the revenue of the global rubber gloves market for the period 2018–2030, considering 2019 as the base year and 2030 as the forecast year. The report also provides the compound annual growth rate (CAGR %) for the global rubber gloves market during the forecast period.
The report has been prepared after extensive primary and secondary researches. Primary research involved bulk of research efforts, wherein analysts carried out interviews with industry leaders and opinion makers. Secondary research involved referring to key players’ annual reports, press releases, and relevant documents to understand the global rubber gloves market.
Secondary research also includes Internet sources, statistical data from government agencies, websites, and trade associations. Analysts employed a combination of top-down and bottom-up approaches to study various phenomenon in the global rubber gloves market.
The report includes an elaborate executive summary, along with a snapshot of the growth behavior of various segments included in the scope of the study. Furthermore, the report sheds light on changing competitive dynamics in the global rubber gloves market. These indices serve as valuable tools for existing market players as well as for entities interested in entering the global rubber gloves market.
The report delves into the competition landscape of the global rubber gloves market. Key players operating in the global rubber gloves market have been identified, and each one of these has been profiled for their distinguishing business attributes. Company overview, financial standings, recent developments, and SWOT are some of the attributes of players in the global rubber gloves market that have been profiled in this report.
Key Questions Answered in Rubber Gloves Market Report
- What is the scope of growth of rubber gloves and providers in the global rubber gloves market and its segments?
- What will be the Y-o-Y growth of the global rubber gloves market between 2020 and 2030?
- What is the influence of changing trends in technologies on the global rubber gloves market?
- Will North America continue to be the most profitable market for rubber gloves providers?
- Which factors will hamper the growth of the global rubber gloves market during the forecast period?
- Which are the leading companies in the global rubber gloves market?
A unique research methodology has been utilized by TMR to conduct a comprehensive research on the growth of the global rubber gloves market and arrive at conclusions on the future growth prospects of the market. This research methodology is a combination of primary and secondary research, which helps analysts warrant the accuracy and reliability of the drawn conclusions.
Secondary sources referred to by analysts during the global rubber gloves market report include statistics from company annual reports, SEC filings, company websites, World Bank database, investor presentations, regulatory databases, government publications, and industry white papers. Analysts have also interviewed senior managers, device portfolio managers, CEOs, VPs, and market intelligence managers, who contributed to TMR’s study on the global rubber gloves market’s primary sources.
These primary and secondary sources have provided exclusive information during interviews, which serves as a validation from rubber gloves market leaders. Access to an extensive internal repository and external proprietary databases allows this report to address specific details and questions about the global rubber gloves market with accuracy. The study also uses the top-down approach to assess the numbers for each segment and the bottom-up approach to counter-validate them. This has helped in reaching TMR’s estimates on future prospects of the global rubber gloves market more reliably and accurately.
Rubber Gloves Market – Segmentation