Restorative Materials Market
Restorative Materials Market (Type: Amalgam, Composite Resin, and Glass Ionomer; and Application: Hospitals, Dental Clinics, Dental Institutes & Research Centers, and Others) - Global & Asia Pacific Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2020-2030
- Chemicals & Materials
- 109 Pages
Close Physical Proximity to Patients in Dental Clinics Increases Spread of Coronavirus
The health and economic burden of bacteria and viruses has increased amidst the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. Manufacturers in the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market are increasing their production capabilities to develop active antiviral protective wear, since contact with symptomatic and asymptomatic patients has increased the risk of COVID-19 among dental practitioners. Dentists and clinicians are using face shields, head covers, and antiviral facemasks to fight off coronavirus. Close physical proximity to patients during dental procedures has raised the economic burden of adopting personal protective equipment for dentists.
Though the novel coronavirus pandemic has subsided in most countries, individuals are finding it risky to visit a doctor’s clinic, since healthcare facilities are under scrutiny for airborne transmission of the novel coronavirus. Companies in the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market are likely to lose business in countries such as the U.S., Brazil, Russia, and India due to the ongoing spread of the coronavirus.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Restorative Materials Market
Productive Interactions in Dental Fields Fuel Innovation in Nano-sized Reinforcing Fillers
The demand for restorative materials has increased in the past couple of years, due to productive interaction of material science and molecular biology fields. Likewise, innovations in biomedical materials in dentistry are a result of these interactions. Manufacturers in the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market are focusing on reduced polymerization shrinkage and better depth of cure in products. Better degree of conversion has gained prime importance for restorative materials manufacturers. As such, micro and nano-sized reinforcing fillers are a breakthrough product in the dental materials domain, as they are easy to polish and have high wear resistance.
Frequent cases of tooth loss due to trauma or improper brushing habits have catalyzed the demand for biomedical materials. Hence, companies in the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market are increasing their production capacities to develop resin-based composite materials, as they are a common choice for dental practitioners.
Can Hybrid Products Improve Rate of Clinical Success?
Hybrid restorative materials are acquiring prominence in the dental industry. These materials are made from a combination of resin composites and glass ionomer cements (GICs), and are being pervasively used in dental applications. Companies in the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market are increasing their focus in adhesive-resin couple composites with high bond and mechanical strength. They are also sourcing best quality GICs with self-adhesive properties and moisture tolerance. Hybrid restorative materials have led to the introduction of resin-modified glass ionomer cements that display exceptional mechanical characteristics.
Studies and well-described chemistry of hybrid products are enhancing the credibility of manufacturers in the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market. Hybrid products are improving the rate of clinical success. However, their use in daily practices is limited, as high-viscosity glass ionomer cements hold better adhesive performance as compared to the former.
New Manipulation Techniques Help in Development of Improved Restorative Materials
The rate of dental aesthetic procedures has been increasing tremendously in the recent past. This has contributed toward the growth of the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market, which is expected to expand at a favorable CAGR of 7.5% throughout the forecast period. However, GICs have the limitation of low moisture sensitivity, strength, and abrasion resistance. Hence, manufacturers are increasing their R&D capabilities to innovate in newer and improved restorative materials.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
A combination of resinous matrix with inert dispersed filler particles are being introduced by manufacturers in the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market as an alternative to conventional products. Their focus is to develop materials that adhere to a wide range of clinical outcomes. There is a demand for new processing methods, research spending, and manipulation techniques to develop new varieties in biomedical materials.
Non-releasing Additives in Materials Aid in Effective Caries Management
Innovations around managing caries have become the prime interest of companies in the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market. Promises around improving caries identification and treatment are being made, which has fueled innovations in restorative materials. The effect of silvers, fluorides, and other antimicrobial elements relies on the release from composite or host materials that help in the treatment of contaminated surroundings. Efficient concentration of antimicrobial materials in products holds promising potentials in effective management of caries.
Manufacturers in the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market are using non-releasing additives to kill the bacteria right at the tooth-restoration interface. For instance, Nobio - a developer of long-term antibacterial and antiviral solutions for dental products, is gaining recognition for its new class of restorative materials with non-releasing additives that address the underlying cause of dental diseases.
Meticulous Maintenance Techniques Reduce Failures During Tooth-colored Restorations
Surface microhardness is an important pre-requisite in restorative materials. Surface quality is a crucial aesthetic requirement in tooth-colored restorations. As such, aesthetic restorative materials are used in minimally invasive applications in dentistry. Hence, the longevity of materials holds prime importance for dentists and manufacturers alike in the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market, where the market is projected to cross a value of US$ 11.5 Bn by 2030. However, it has been found that some restorative materials are prone to low surface harness, which increases the risk of scratches and failures during restorations. In order to avoid this, manufacturers are focusing on maintaining the rigidity and strength of materials to increase clinical success in restorations.
Long-term survival of dental restorations is essential for maintaining optimum oral health. Hence, companies in the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market are increasing awareness about meticulous maintenance techniques that improve the longevity of tooth-colored restorations.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Restorative Materials Market
Growing concerns regarding spread of bacteria and viruses in clinical settings have compelled manufacturers in the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market to tap into production opportunities in active antiviral protective wear. The longevity of surface microhardness in tooth-colored restorations has increased the uptake of products. However, frequent use of mouthrinses may cause unfavorable effects on these dental restorations. Hence, companies should increase the awareness of mouthrinses with probiotics to maintain the longevity of dental restorations. High-viscosity glass ionomer cements are emerging as an alternative to hybrid products. Less shrinkage and high degree of conversion have become pivotal in the development of dental restorative materials.
Restorative Materials Market: Introduction
- Restorative materials are used to repair, replace, and restore the form and function of teeth. Restorative materials are also employed to create fillings, crowns, bridges, etc. Restorative dental materials include composite resins, glass ionomers, cements, ceramics, amalgam, gypsum materials, dental waxes, denture base resins, and impression materials.
- Restorative materials are classified into two types: direct restorative materials and indirect restorative materials. Direct restorative materials are used to build the tooth structure directly in the mouth. These materials comprise metallic and esthetic materials. Amalgam is a metallic material, while composite resins and glass ionomer are esthetic materials. Indirect restorative materials are fabricated on models outside the mouth and then placed in the mouth. Examples of these materials are porcelain, and cast metal inlays and onlays.
- Composite resins are used for anterior and posterior restoration. Composite resins are also used as pit and fissure sealants, chipped proclaim restoration, esthetic laminates, etc. These resins are suitable for environments of the oral cavity and match the natural color of teeth. Amalgam is a mixture of metal alloys and comprises liquid mercury as a component. Approximately 50% weight of dental amalgam is elemental mercury. Amalgam is one of the oldest dental filling materials used to fill dental cavities that occur due to tooth decay. Amalgam is considered the strongest and long-lasting filling material. Glass ionomer is used as a material to restore eroded areas. It is also used as a luting agent. Modified form of glass ionomer is more durable and tougher than conventional glass ionomer. It has the same natural color as teeth. Glass ionomer releases fluoride ions beneficial to the teeth.
Restorative Materials Market: Key Highlights
- The global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market has been expanding at a rapid pace since the last few years due to rise in awareness about dental health among the people. The global restorative materials market in developing economies such as Asia Pacific has also been expanding, owing to increase in disposable income and rise in demand for better oral hygiene services among the people. Additionally, changing lifestyles, growth in demand for cosmetic dentistry, technological advancements, and rise in old age population are augmenting the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market. Asia Pacific was the prominent region of the global restorative materials market in 2019. The restorative materials market in the region is expected to expand at a CAGR of more than 7% between 2020 and 2030.
- Increase in government initiatives and improvement in health care infrastructure in Asia Pacific are likely to drive the hospitals application segment of the restorative materials market in the region during the forecast period. Rise in awareness about oral hygiene and increase in initiatives by governments and other organizations are also key factors that are estimated to fuel the hospitals segment during the forecast period.
- Growth in dental tourism across the globe is driving the demand for dental materials. Asia Pacific is emerging as a global leader in dental tourism. India, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Taiwan, and South Korea are emerging as preferred destinations for dental tourism in Asia Pacific.
Composite Resins to Witness High Demand
- In terms of type, composite resin was the major segment with more than 50% share of the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market in 2019. It is estimated to continue its dominance between 2020 and 2030.
- Restorative materials are used in all dental procedures. Rise in adoption of biomaterials is anticipated to drive the segment during the forecast period. Increase in number of individuals undergoing dental procedures for teeth discoloration, gaps between teeth, and misalignment of teeth is a key factor expected to propel the segment during the forecast period.
Rise in Demand for Restorative Materials in Hospitals
- In terms of application, hospital was the leading segment with more than 40% share of the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market in 2019. It is anticipated to continue its dominance between 2020 and 2030. This can be ascribed to growth in number of multispecialty hospitals and availability of high value equipment.
- Increase in demand for technologically advanced products and the need to reduce the time taken for procedures are projected to drive the dental institutes & research centers segment during the forecast period
Asia Pacific to Lead Restorative Materials Market
- In terms of volume, Asia Pacific constituted prominent share of the global restorative materials market in 2019
- The restorative materials market in Asia Pacific is estimated to continue to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, owing to increase in demand for restorative materials in various applications such as dental clinics and hospitals in the region. Improvement in healthcare infrastructure, growth in standard of living, and rise in per capita income in developing countries are expected to propel the restorative materials market in Asia Pacific during the forecast period.
Restorative Materials Market: Competition Landscape
- Manufacturers are focusing on expanding their production capacities in order to meet the demand for restorative materials in dental applications
- Key players operating in the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market are -
- 3M Company
- Dentsply Sirona
- COLTENE Group
- Ivoclar Vivadent AG
- Voco GmbH
- Kulzer GmbH
- GC Corporation
- Ultradent Products Inc.
- Septodont Healthcare India Pvt. Ltd.
- Medicinos linija
- Prime Dental Products Pvt Ltd
- IDENTA Dental Material GmbH
- KaVo Kerr
- Shofu Dental Manufacturing Co., Ltd.
Restorative Materials Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market provides readers with an assessment of the landscape of the market with the help of a comprehensive outlook. This study on the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market analyzes the market for the period from 2020 to 2030, wherein 2019 is the base year. The report enables readers to make important decisions regarding their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market also provides data on developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with competition analysis. The report also provides understanding of drivers, restraints, opportunities, and market trends.
Key Questions Answered in Restorative Materials Market Report
- How much revenue is the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market expected to generate by the end of the forecast period?
- What are the factors anticipated to drive the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market during the forecast period?
- Which region is likely to be a highly lucrative for restorative materials during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies adopted by key stakeholders of the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market to expand their geographical presence?
- What are major advancements in the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market?
This report answers these questions about the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making correct decisions and strategizing for expansion of their business.
Restorative Materials Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, supported by secondary and primary sources. The competition scenario of the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market is supported by an assessment of different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data and current trends, researchers of the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market arrived at predictions and estimations and calculated the market forecast.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market by using bottom-up and top-down approaches.
This detailed assessment of the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market, along with an overview of the market, is provided on the basis of a careful examination of growth opportunities. Analysts’ conclusions on how the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market is set to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Restorative Materials Market – Segmentation
This report on the global & Asia Pacific restorative materials market segments the market based on type, application, and region.